The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

Sadly, that is what it is looking like at the moment. I'd be very interested to know what, if any, support they get from St Mirren FC - of which the women's team is a part, not a separate entity. The club should be providing them with kit as the bare minimum, SMiSA should not need to be funding this. Surely that could be part of the kit deal? It certainly used to be for the youth academy (don't know if it is since we left JD Sports).
I see most of the women's games are at Ferguslie - why are they not allowed to play at Ralston? Are they allowed to train there? If not, why not?  We have a nice 3G pitch that SMiSA paid for they could surely be allowed on
The women's team seems to be run on as little funding as possible. They have held crowdfunding campaigns just to get basic kit to get them up and running. They held a fundraising evening in a bar in Paisley - surely they could have been allowed to use the ground?
It doesn't look particularly good to the outside world that the women's first team are having to ask for money for kit while the men's youth team is so well funded that the most pressing thing on their list is money for a trip to England.

Great post

I’ve seen a few other clubs seem to be taking more than just a passing interest in their woman’s teams, even more so on the back of the WWC. Whereas they seem to be an afterthought for us. Shame

Great post

I’ve seen a few other clubs seem to be taking more than just a passing interest in their woman’s teams, even more so on the back of the WWC. Whereas they seem to be an afterthought for us. Shame
Shhhhhhhhh

Criticism is not allowed!

Don't you know?

The club is doing all it can.

You want the West stand given to the OF to fund it?

Baz will approve if Gordon tells him mind you!

I believe I asked them the numbers they were catering for the other xmas and got a reply.

Hope your nets big enough for me. [emoji6]
I was having a bit of banter with Kombi... Not fishing. Sorry you felt that way.

Should information not be supplied in the proposal in the first place though, allowing an informed decision?

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I was having a bit of banter with Kombi... Not fishing. Sorry you felt that way.

Should information not be supplied in the proposal in the first place though, allowing an informed decision?

The last part makes sense to me. To do otherwise invites criticism.

Sadly, that is what it is looking like at the moment. I'd be very interested to know what, if any, support they get from St Mirren FC - of which the women's team is a part, not a separate entity. The club should be providing them with kit as the bare minimum, SMiSA should not need to be funding this. Surely that could be part of the kit deal? It certainly used to be for the youth academy (don't know if it is since we left JD Sports).
I see most of the women's games are at Ferguslie - why are they not allowed to play at Ralston? Are they allowed to train there? If not, why not?  We have a nice 3G pitch that SMiSA paid for they could surely be allowed on
The women's team seems to be run on as little funding as possible. They have held crowdfunding campaigns just to get basic kit to get them up and running. They held a fundraising evening in a bar in Paisley - surely they could have been allowed to use the ground?
It doesn't look particularly good to the outside world that the women's first team are having to ask for money for kit while the men's youth team is so well funded that the most pressing thing on their list is money for a trip to England.
All of this [emoji1375]

22 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I wasn't sure if it was fishing or even if I had been wooshed.

As I said it was going to be a question I'll ask (if Graeme hasn't already) but some factors regarding amount of teams/players/staff going will include distance and location.

IE We could send 3 teams of 16 players and 3 staff to say Preston but would it be worthwhile if the chance materialised to send 1 team to Chelsea.

That's where they may not be able to answer to the satisfaction of some. emoji106.png

not had time to ask. been too busy, but I will unless you have already

Once again smfc look to fans to fund a women's team that smfc chose to launch and brand.
Ladies/Girls football is the growth sport in Britain right now.

There is a huge demand for it across the UK and I think it right, that St Mirren explores further and develops St Mirren FC Ladies.

£1k from the £2 pot will be a considerable sum at this time for that 1 team.

There is a desire for SMISA to develop community credentials, ladies football fits the bill in a number of ways.

SMISA invests in a community project (i don't think there is much (if any) input from St Mirren FC other than the name (i could be wrong) in the current ladies team.

Introduces St Mirren FC to a whole new market, having teams of girls from U7's upwards playing under the brand of St Mirren. Introduces the club to their opponents too.

Huge market, worth exploring and imo, worth investing some SMISA money in. Moreso than on match quality footballs hand driers, sports scientists wages (whatever happened to ours after Jack Ross left?

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

There is a huge demand for it across the UK and I think it right, that St Mirren explores further and develops St Mirren FC Ladies.

There is a desire for SMISA to develop community credentials, ladies football fits the bill in a number of ways.

SMISA invests in a community project (i don't think there is much (if any) input from St Mirren FC other than the name (i could be wrong) in the current ladies team.

Introduces St Mirren FC to a whole new market, having teams of girls from U7's upwards playing under the brand of St Mirren. Introduces the club to their opponents too.

Huge market, worth exploring and imo, worth investing some SMISA money in. Moreso than on match quality footballs hand driers, sports scientists wages (whatever happened to ours after Jack Ross left?

There is a SMFC trust ,why do they not use that?

Guest TPAFKATS

It's just a bugbear of mine that the club launched a women's team but don't account for it in annual budgets and look for smisa etc to fund it.
It would be better if essentials like kit were funded by the club in the same way as the men's first team. Any donations from smisa to women's team could then be used for additional more community focused projects.

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Junior Mendes not the new sports scientist now? I’m sure he replaced the old one and that’s his job role. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:12 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Don't be baffled Baz, it is not a war of you v them.
It's dead simple in my eyes, there's some costs the club should pay & not turn to the fans to fund.

I'd rather the whole £4k goes to the ladies team. Ladies football is the growth sport across the uk right now.
St Mirren FC should be promoting that, building the clubs profile and not treating ladies football as a token.
£1K is a drop in the ocean to their overall costs.

In the options, it explains
Cost of the ladies is £1000 but Alan mcManus has asked for £3k towards the youth academy trip.

What is the actual cost of that trip?
How many folk/teams going?
How is the rest of the funds being raised and most importantly, when is the trip?

Before I tick that yes box, i'd like something more than a sketchy request.

Don't think the ladies football should get a penny, doesn't interest me one bit and they bring absolutely nothing to the club....would be a very poor spend..

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Don't think the ladies football should get a penny, doesn't interest me one bit and they bring absolutely nothing to the club....would be a very poor spend..

You're not allowed to say that !

Doesn't interest me either. I voted no as it should be up to the club to donate a grand to the team which they started.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Well that made my mind up, emoji849.png

Ladies getting my vote. emoji16.png

Tell me in anyway what the ladies team will contribute financially to the club? IMO absolutely nothing and will only cost club money, supporters do not contribute money to subsidise a ladies team when the men can't even sign a player..

30 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Tell me in anyway what the ladies team will contribute financially to the club? IMO absolutely nothing and will only cost club money, supporters do not contribute money to subsidise a ladies team when the men can't even sign a player..

I don't see myself personally as ever going to be a big fan of the ladies team (or ladies football) but I voted yes to this. To think it can't have any impact financially or otherwise is pretty short-sighted IMO. 

- Ladies football is far and above a growth sport in this country and internationally. The international team recently got a bigger attendance than all but the very top of our game. Our ladies game attendances are also going up. 

- There is a will for young females to get into the sport of football and this is great channel in the local area. Do we know these new St Mirren ladies aren't engaging more and more with football? Attending the mens games, buying season tickets, developing a fan base that also may/ have started engaging with the mens game? I got into St Mirren through the BGB & I have never looked back, who's to say similar can't happen with the ladies team & there can't be crossover? 

- The SMISA sponsorship like any sponsorship is there to gain publicity and ultimately wealth, not sure why this wouldn't work in building what SMISA want to do.

£1,000 if that gets us two new SMISA members we've earned more than our money back. If it gets us one season ticket holder for life, we've made the money back many times over. 

55 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

In what way do our youth teams contribute financially to the club?

5 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

John McGinn, Kenny McLean, Stevie Mallan..I'll leave u to think about that..

No need to think about it. Not a lot of income for three very talented players (that our fans never fully appreciated).

now you try to open your mind without any brains you may have spilling out... ... 

What's to say ladies football won't go on to attract sponsors, transfer fees, or additional income if supported at this stage?

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No need to think about it. Not a lot of income for three very talented players (that our fans never fully appreciated).

now you try to open your mind without any brains you may have spilling out... ... 

What's to say ladies football won't go on to attract sponsors, transfer fees, or additional income if supported at this stage?

Come back to me if it ever happens which it won't...also believe if u put a torch in ur ear would shine right through ya plank!

I did.

You resorted to petty insults with no actual facts.

Case dismissed... tosser!

As others have pointed out the recent WWC attracted great TV attendances. I was (and am still pretty sceptical) as to whether it is yet self-sustaining financially but we ought to support a Saint's women's team because

1. It's the right thing to do
  2. More women are following the game and Saints want to be ahead of the curve in dipping into their purses. 
  3. I like ponytails! 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I did.

You resorted to petty insults with no actual facts.

Case dismissed... tosser!

Blew u out water proving the youth academy brings in money from player sales ya banger....u have still to show me where a womens team is of any use to the club...

Edited by gstretchuk

1 minute ago, gstretchuk said:

Blew u out water proving the youth academy brings in money from player sales ya banger....u have still to show me where a womens team is of any use to the club...

Money was invested in training and developing the three players you mentioned ya twat!

You refuse to support investment in women's football then go on to say it won't bring any rewards.

Well DOH!!!!!! How thick must you be to not see the direct correlation or the possibilities?

"u" hahahaha...teenspeak from a numpty!