The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

You did say a "fair few"

Your answer did not answer my question. Turns out, you don't know how many this "fair few" is.

No worries. I am sure SMISA will be able to give figures at next years AGM unless folk don't give them a reason.

Membership numbers peaked at 1,374 shortly after BTB officially started. It has dropped by a little over 100 by the latest update which was a good year ago now (from memory, might be a more recent one I’ve missed) 

that will include new members joining so the drop off is likely a bit more. A ‘fair few’ of that number have publicly voiced why they have left BTB & generally (in here & social media) it’s been because they wanted more community benefit options. These are options continually voted down in favour of club financially benefits at almost every vote.   

If I knew the specific number I would have said the specific number instead of a ‘fair few’ thought that was pretty clear. 

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So you cannot accurately answer his question. I understand.
Must hurt when you cannot sufficiently deflect for the question to go away! emoji23.png

As accurately as a ‘fair few’ suggests I could answer it. If I had said I know an exact number then never gave it, would be different. Reminds me of the last time you spent weeks on defining the word ‘few’ :lol:

I know the desperation from you to try & catch me deflecting or lying but again, it’s not going to be today. Maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:

Membership numbers peaked at 1,374 shortly after BTB officially started. It has dropped by a little over 100 by the latest update which was a good year ago now (from memory, might be a more recent one I’ve missed) 

that will include new members joining so the drop off is likely a bit more. A ‘fair few’ of that number have publicly voiced why they have left BTB & generally (in here & social media) it’s been because they wanted more community benefit options. These are options continually voted down in favour of club financially benefits at almost every vote.   

If I knew the specific number I would have said the specific number instead of a ‘fair few’ thought that was pretty clear. 

But you have history.

A few can mean a few hundred and we are not allowed to question that! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As accurately as a ‘fair few’ suggests I could answer it. If I had said I know an exact number then never gave it, would be different. Reminds me of the last time you spent weeks on defining the word ‘few’ [emoji38]
I know the desperation from you to try & catch me deflecting or lying but again, it’s not going to be today. Maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:
Because you type things, it doesn’t make them true. You also quoting a question you couldn’t answer shows I’m not the one doing the lying... 

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

But you have history.

A few can mean a few hundred and we are not allowed to question that! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Happiest time of your life & you were still wrong, hahahaha remember it well. 

21 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
As accurately as a ‘fair few’ suggests I could answer it. If I had said I know an exact number then never gave it, would be different. Reminds me of the last time you spent weeks on defining the word ‘few’ emoji38.png

Because you type things, it doesn’t make them true. You also quoting a question you couldn’t answer shows I’m not the one doing the lying... 

Okay tell you what I'll do here. It's clear your desperation for the last word & given your "Go away and please ignore me! Seriously! Put me on ignore. Don't respond to me. Don't mention me!" wish... I will not respond to you on the sin bin thread, I won't respond to you in whatever you have to put as the last word on here (providing you don't ask me a question). 

Then we can go our own separate ways. You can show to everyone you weren't lying & you are serious about wanting ignored. We'll both continue to be active users on BAWA but with absolutely no requirement to respond/ mention each other. That includes your wee trick of responding to other people referencing me... 

Or you can save everyone the trouble, admit that post was a lie & that you're really Baz daft for the chat? 😅

Is that all Smisa do ,dream up things for the 3 month spend, not represent their members in the family stand fiasco or  the non existent  new finance schemes promised by GLS at the time of the agreement  with Smisa ?And why the Panda club numbers have dropped from around 60 to the low 20s,these are are future supporters.

They are just a bank for GLS ,cheek to call themselves Independent. 

15 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Is that all Smisa do ,dream up things for the 3 month spend, not represent their members in the family stand fiasco or  the non existent  new finance schemes promised by GLS at the time of the agreement  with Smisa ?And why the Panda club numbers have dropped from around 60 to the low 20s,these are are future supporters.

They are just a bank for GLS ,cheek to call themselves Independent. 

- 3 month spend is a members vote, popular options are always the club benefit ones, the minority of voting members might not like that but as long as it the popular option is should remain 

- how do you know a majority of their members are against the family stand arrangement? 

- we’ve had three years of profit in a row under GLS, financially he must be doing something right 

- Not seen any stats on the panda club numbers, where are they from? 

- GLS doesn’t make a penny from SMISA & has no authority on voting options, the club can suggest only. 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

- 3 month spend is a members vote, popular options are always the club benefit ones, the minority of voting members might not like that but as long as it the popular option is should remain 

- how do you know a majority of their members are against the family stand arrangement? 

- we’ve had three years of profit in a row under GLS, financially he must be doing something right 

- Not seen any stats on the panda club numbers, where are they from? 

- GLS doesn’t make a penny from SMISA & has no authority on voting options, the club can suggest only. 

IMG_1848.PNG

• 1 month later...

October 2019 Voting options up. Summary of two options below:

Option 1

Continuation of pre-match/ halftime entertainment. The stuff they currently do for the kids like bung a baw and all that.  £1,500

Option 2

Christmas dinner charity meals that they proposed last Christmas in partnership with Salvation Army. £1,200

Straight yes/ no votes. If either is a no vote, that cash will be kept for future options. 

Two yes's from me. Great community benefit in both with the continuation of the first likely to have a positive impact on our young fans attending games. 

Here's a more detailed account of what the money may or may not be spent on.

Option 1 is for a continuation of the pre-match family entertainment that takes place outside the stadium on a matchday.

This has proved to be a very popular venture run by Colin Bright, AKA Paisley Panda, and jointly backed by SMISA, the club’s Supporters Liaison Officers (SLOs) and the Fans Council.

The entertainment has grown year on year since it first started with Bung a Baw back in 2016. Last season they took things to a new level providing entertainment at all Saturday home games with activities including inflatables, live music, face painting, balloon artist, flag displays and much more.

The aim from the outset has been to encourage the kids of today to attend matches regularly and in turn become the paying adult fan of tomorrow. Feedback has been incredibly positive both from home and away fans.

The organisers want to continue to grow and add to the activities they provide throughout the season but need funding to do so. The total cost for this request is £1500.

Option 2 involves the St Mirren Charitable Foundation and their Festive Friends Christmas dinner.

On Christmas Day last year the Foundation, in conjunction with the SPFL Trust and the Salvation Army, opened the stadium to provide a meal, company and entertainment for a number of local elderly people.

Members from SMISA and the St Mirren women’s football team also pitched in to help make it a day to remember for all involved.

Gayle Brannigan from the Foundation wants to host Festive Friends again this year and has asked if SMISA members could contribute £1200 towards the costs involved.
Option 1 should read...

"The aim from the outset has been to encourage the kids of today to attend matches (FAIRLY) regularly (Obviously they are not welcome at matches against the old firm)!"

I support the initiative.

Would be nice if the club cared as much about the paying support of tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Option 1 should read...

"The aim from the outset has been to encourage the kids of today to attend matches (FAIRLY) regularly (Obviously they are not welcome at matches against the old firm)!"

I support the initiative.

Would be nice if the club cared as much about the paying support of tomorrow!

My money was on LPM bringing this back up but you were a close second. Completely irrelevant & no need to mention in the context of a SMISA vote. 

My money was on LPM bringing this back up but you were a close second. Completely irrelevant & no need to mention in the context of a SMISA vote. 
Breaking your promise I see.
Needy?
Missing me?
Just finding it impossible to keep your word?

I see you are still regurgitating the two stands shite yet I resisted mentioning it... So why your need to reply here...

I was most certainly NOT talking to you.

NO NEED TO REPLY!

I have emailed SMISA to ask, however I was wondering if anyone here knows why the amount available this quarter is £2700 instead of the usual £3000 (last quarter was also less at £2800 - but was topped up by money not used previously).  At the risk of reopening an old discussion I immediately thought of the £300 monthly subscription to Very Connect and hoped that this wasn't the reason for the reduction, however short of 150 members cancelling I couldn't think of any other reason.

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

At a guess, it's what the two options asked for.

If I remember correctly that's why we possibly had a surplus of £500 last year about this time.

You could be correct, the way I read the email was that there was only £2700 in the pot, I have actually asked in my email how the figures came about as while I will support both options and have already voted yes, I would not like to think that one or other actually needs more to run but there wasn't enough in the pot.  I would rather one got all they needed than both got less than they needed, if that makes sense.  Last year for example Festive Friends requested £1750 to fund the program, although they of course got a smaller donation later and obviously then needed to raise funds elsewhere.

I'm sure SMISA will explain soon enough.

You should have seen the rant I had typed before the penny dropped that you were at it.

Was basically about my Grandad not taking my dad, my dad not taking myself and myself not taking my son and him not taking my........... I'm to young to have grand weans [emoji23]
I did say I supported the initiative.

I also voted yes.

Besides... My fishing worked a treat! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji41][emoji12]

13 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Breaking your promise I see.
Needy?
Missing me?
Just finding it impossible to keep your word?

I see you are still regurgitating the two stands shite yet I resisted mentioning it... So why your need to reply here...

I was most certainly NOT talking to you.

NO NEED TO REPLY!

There was no new promise. Thanks for the imitation though, form of flattery and all that. Showing desperation for a win by fabricating a conversation. 🤣

As for the "two stand shite" as you put it, my take has been backed by GLS and DN. I choose not to think they are liars. 

Part in bold, you seen me mention the two stand arrangement, then went on an unrelated thread and brought it up... People can take that as they wish. 

6 hours ago, Hands of stone said:

Guarantee he replys..can't help himself although nobody is interested...long winded reply trying to make himself sound clever...it doesn't work..

Again, when you say this sort of comment do you think you're making a revelation? I openly admit I will.

It's almost like yo want to go 'see I told you so' for something everyone knows. What a laugh 🤣

14 minutes ago, Hands of stone said:

I take it the forum fool answered... i think she must like last word in her house or never gets it hence being the forum fool on here!

This new guy apparently has me on ignore but is desperate for my attention. What an impact to make on such a new member :rolleyes:

Having had a quick scan of the spend options for October it would seem smisa ( aka SMFC)have changed tactics and now only present what they want the money spent on, rather than members actually getting to choose between options they may at least have been allowed to put one forward for.
In short you are being asked to put through Scott's shopping list on the nod.
Not a cat in hell's chance you'll get to vote on TV screens in near the kiosks that might benefit actual members. The £3k is being handed to the charitable trust. End of.

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Having had a quick scan of the spend options for October it would seem smisa ( aka SMFC)have changed tactics and now only present what they want the money spent on, rather than members actually getting to choose between options they may at least have been allowed to put one forward for.
In short you are being asked to put through Scott's shopping list on the nod.
Not a cat in hell's chance you'll get to vote on TV screens in near the kiosks that might benefit actual members. The £3k is being handed to the charitable trust. End of.

What a hypocrite. Moaned when the Christmas meals when it came up against a more popular option, moaned when SMISA made a further gesture to vote through a lump sum and now moans when they don’t put a charitable idea up against anything bar a no. 

LPM showed it last year and he is showing again, he has zero care about the actual community & his only goal is to talk down all things SMISA. 

I predict this becoming more and more frantic as BTB approaches completion & the realisation he can’t stop it really sets in.