The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

18 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

At a guess, it's what the two options asked for.

If I remember correctly that's why we possibly had a surplus of £500 last year about this time.

I received a reply from SMISA confirming that you were correct, the £2700 is what the two parties requested and the email should have perhaps not said that "there is £2700 available this quarter" but instead "the projects chosen this quarter require £2700".  They also allayed my other concern that even if approved, the projects would not be fully funded as it is their understanding that any other funding required is already in place.

12 minutes ago, buddiekev said:

I received a reply from SMISA confirming that you were correct, the £2700 is what the two parties requested and the email should have perhaps not said that "there is £2700 available this quarter" but instead "the projects chosen this quarter require £2700".  They also allayed my other concern that even if approved, the projects would not be fully funded as it is their understanding that any other funding required is already in place.

You're far too sensible to post on this thread. Imagine e-mailing someone and getting the facts.

The preferred option on here seems to be to ignore the people with the facts and figures and make up stuff yourself. Then you can bore the rest of the forum shitless with your endless fabrications .🙂

You can imagine my surprise when I got a notification you quoted me.

That surprise changed to astonishment when I noticed you asked not 1 but 2 questions.

Did you forget that I and others are waiting on a reply to questions you were asked?

LPM will have left the building as he doesn't do accountability. [emoji23]
Au contraire...
I've counted loads of COUnts on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Full update below, fair bit of additional information in it.

October £2 spend ballot

Last month there was £2700 in the pot for the quarter and we asked you to consider the merits of two projects. Thanks to the 851 members who took the time to vote.

The first project that we proposed was for a continuation of the pre-match family entertainment that takes place outside the stadium on a matchday.

This has proved to be a very popular venture run by Colin Bright, AKA Paisley Panda, and jointly backed by SMISA, the club’s Supporters Liaison Officers (SLOs) and the Fans Council.

The entertainment has grown year on year since it first started with Bung a Baw back in 2016. The aim from the outset has been to encourage the kids of today to attend matches regularly and in turn become the paying adult fan of tomorrow. Feedback has been incredibly positive both from home and away fans.

The organisers want to continue to grow the project and requested £1500 to do so.

Members voted in huge favour of this project: 88% (747 members) gave your support, something that will make a huge difference to Colin and everyone else involved in organising it. 

The second project voted on involved the St Mirren Charitable Foundation and their Festive Friends Christmas dinner.

On Christmas Day last year the Foundation, in conjunction with the SPFL Trust and the Salvation Army, opened the stadium to provide a meal, company and entertainment for a number of local elderly people.

Members from SMISA and the St Mirren women’s football team also pitched in to help make it a day to remember for all involved.

Gayle Brannigan from the Foundation is looking to host Festive Friends again this year and asked if SMISA members could contribute £1200 towards the costs involved. 

Again this was supported in massive numbers: 91% (771 members) voted to support the plan to give a Christmas meal to those most in need.

Our next quarterly ballot will take place in January and any members wishing to forward projects for consideration can do so by email at [email protected]

Members should note that the next ballot will be run using Very Connect and we would urge you to register if you have not yet done so.

Very Connect update

Firstly, we thank all 520 of you who have so far registered on our new member system.  Some of you have also added optional information (including photographs in some cases!) to your profiles, which will help us build a picture of the make-up of our membership.

According to VeryConnect this is an unusually high percentage of total members to register in the early days of new systems. However, to be fully effective, we need ALL of you to register as soon as possible and ensure that your contact details are correct.

And, as mentioned above and in the October email about the £2 Spend ballot, we are planning to use the in-built polling function for the January £2 Spend ballot. This will require you to be registered on VeryConnect to be able to place your vote.

We are aware that some members received their Election Runner voting link before they had received the SMISA email which explained the spend options. This was due to the mail service treating our VeryConnect email account as a new user, with no previous reputation track record with the service.

The server sent out the emails in batches to allow the service to monitor results and start to build our good “reputation” before sending the next batch.

So apologies for any inconvenience this caused. But having seen the full results of the October mailing the server will hopefully be happy with our reputation now. We will nevertheless be watching the sending out of this email for any delays.

Youth Academy Dinner

The St Mirren youth academy is hosting an annual dinner and awards night at the Glynhill Hotel in Renfrew on November 29.

SMISA, as a keen supporter of the academy for many years, will be represented at two tables at the dinner, one of which will be filled free of charge by Plus and Premium members fortunate enough to have their names pulled out of the hat.

Members in those categories also enjoy other benefits such as being included in a draw for a place for them and a guest in the directors’ guest lounge at every home game, as well as the chance twice a season to win a place at matchday corporate hospitality.

Anyone looking to upgrade to either tier of membership can find out more information HERE.  

Regards,

The SMISA committee

No vote, oversight or justification on buying two tables at the youth academy thingy! One table for the "better" members and another table for??? All paid for courtesy of you the members cash. 

Meanwhile the Foundation of Hearts just announced they have ammased £9million, the Well society become almost debt free having paid off previous owners, and the Fakes have over a million in their rainy day fund whilst Smisa have???

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No vote, oversight or justification on buying two tables at the youth academy thingy! One table for the "better" members and another table for??? All paid for courtesy of you the members cash. 

Meanwhile the Foundation of Hearts just announced they have ammased £9million, the Well society become almost debt free having paid off previous owners, and the Fakes have over a million in their rainy day fund whilst Smisa have???

Foundation of Hearts - Also has a reward scheme based on amount pledged. Given extra benefits for bigger contributors isn't new or unique to SMISA. £9 million is great for them but it's all relative in comparison to the size of the clubs. 

The Well Society - Great almost debt free, want to have a guess at a club that is debt free and recorded profits every single season since their fan buyout started? 

Fakes rainy day fund - I already pointed out to you that their 'rainy day' fund is down by over £700k following one bad season and massive losses. I wonder how far it'll fall if this season pans out with them in a relegation fight. Why anyone would rather we were in a loss making position is beyond me. 

SMISA - Best guess, over 30% ahead of target for the fan buyout, every month it gets closer and being so massively over target it allows us to accommodate the risk of relatively small spending 

Yet again LPM negativity is so easily debunked. Obviously needs to believe his post due to his hatred towards all things SMFC/ SMISA but it's just noise. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

No “vote, oversight or justification” needed beyond the original well-publicised offer to buy the buds which clearly stated that such benefits would be par for the course for those who wished for PREMIUM benefits in return for paying in PREMIUM subscription fees.

i see no problem with that.  And as I believe you’re not paying any level of fee, I can’t see why you should be so exercised by it...

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

No “vote, oversight or justification” needed beyond the original well-publicised offer to buy the buds which clearly stated that such benefits would be par for the course for those who wished for PREMIUM benefits in return for paying in PREMIUM subscription fees.

i see no problem with that.  And as I believe you’re not paying any level of fee, I can’t see why you should be so exercised by it...

And the second table? And all other tables smisa buys for 'club' nights? Who is getting those jolly's?

but you are right why should i care about those buds i signed up BtB whom I Assured that there £10 or £23 was ringfenced to buy the majority shareholding n the club. Several explicitly asked for that assurance.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

And the second table? And all other tables smisa buys for 'club' nights? Who is getting those jolly's?

but you are right why should i care about those buds i signed up BtB whom I Assured that there £10 or £23 was ringfenced to buy the majority shareholding n the club. Several explicitly asked for that assurance.

They should have read the not really “small” print, and not simply listened to you - as you seem to be negatively reinterpreting every aspect of the deal.

I am one of those who would rather every penny went directly into amassing a sum to get the deal done....   and not frittered away on other schemes that should be funded from other sources.

The premium benefits for premium founders is part of the ring-fencing.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

They should have read the not really “small” print, and not simply listened to you - as you seem to be negatively reinterpreting every aspect of the deal.

I am one of those who would rather every penny went directly into amassing a sum to get the deal done....   and not frittered away on other schemes that should be funded from other sources.

The premium benefits for premium founders is part of the ring-fencing.

Re your last line. No it isnt. Its an ongoing cost to members that could end up costing more than they actually contributed!

a £12 member who stays the course for 10 years contributes £1440.00 and gets SFA in jolly's compared to a £25 a month member who will actually contribute more than a premium member!

and if they are getting £100 worth of benefits once or twice a season its actually the £12 members who are paying for their freebies! To keep giving them these freebies doesnt add up, unless you are SMFC and getting all this extra cash.

It is ring-fenced, in the way you deployed it.  You are wrong - you know that, of course.

if such benefits were in the initial offer, then they are part of the deal you/we bought into.

obviously I am well aware of the annual costs.  We can all do the arithmetic.

although your final para makes me wonder as you extrapolate from a lucky few getting occasional, planned bonuses to it being ALL Premium payers getting such things all the time.

IF they are getting........ benefits....”

Edited by antrin

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re your last line. No it isnt. Its an ongoing cost to members that could end up costing more than they actually contributed!

a £12 member who stays the course for 10 years contributes £1440.00 and gets SFA in jolly's compared to a £25 a month member who will actually contribute more than a premium member!

and if they are getting £100 worth of benefits once or twice a season its actually the £12 members who are paying for their freebies! To keep giving them these freebies doesnt add up, unless you are SMFC and getting all this extra cash.

More baseless nonsense.

I am a £25 member and have been since day one. So far I have had one directors box invite and a badge pin. Let's see if you can now justify the "£100 worth of benefits once or twice a season" or break with tradition and actually admit you are wrong on one of the many subjects you've been wrong on. 

Personally I don't want or need anything extra for the membership, I'd be happy to pay the higher amount for nothing extra. Given extra incentive for more money though is near universal. You finding negative in it shows you're bias towards SMISA. Can only imagine your frustration at having absolutely no power to stop BTB. 

The 2nd table is SMISA committee members, their guests and other people connected to the club.

All are paying out their own pockets to support youth development.
Why have smisa paid for it then as their update says?
Why cant 'other people & guests' connected with the club pay for their own seats instead of using smisa members money?
It looks like a great jolly!

Untruth again, lpl.  Distortion of reality.

HERE IS THE QUOTE, verbatim.

SMISA, as a keen supporter of the academy for many years, will be represented at two tables at the dinner, one of which will be filled free of charge by Plus and Premium members fortunate enough to have their names pulled out of the hat. 

Members in those categories also enjoy other benefits such as being included in a draw for a place for them and a guest in the directors’ guest lounge at every home game, as well as the chance twice a season to win a place at matchday corporate hospitality. 

Anyone looking to upgrade to either tier of membership can find out more information HERE.  

one table for the lucky Premium winners of the ring-fenced benefit earlier cited.

the other table has already been explained to you as paid by users themselves, in order to help the Yoof of the club.

at no point can I see where it says SMISA paid for this.  You must wear better spex  than I do...  Special spex.

The whole thrust of the quoted paragraph is to encourage others to upgrade to Premium BTB.  They pay in more and get some fringe benefits, on occasion.  Again those users are selfless, expending more for the good of St Mirren.

it’s quite a skill to maintain such obliviously self-ridiculing paranoia, but wire in!  :)

that is all.

Untruth again, lpl.  Distortion of reality.
HERE IS THE QUOTE, verbatim.

Anyone looking to upgrade to either tier of membership can find out more information HERE 

one table for the lucky Premium winners of the ring-fenced benefit earlier cited.

the other table has already been explained to you as paid by users themselves, in order to help the Yoof of the club.

at no point can I see where it says SMISA paid for this.  You must wear better spex  than I do...  Special spex.

The whole thrust of the quoted paragraph is to encourage others to upgrade to Premium BTB.  They pay in more and get some fringe benefits, on occasion.  Again those users are selfless, expending more for the good of St Mirren.

it’s quite a skill to maintain such obliviously self-ridiculing paranoia, but wire in!  [emoji4]

that is all.

How do you know if anyone on the second table have paid for it?
The update clearly implies smisa have taken both tables. Why would they update members to tell them..
" people connected with the club, and guests" have taken a table?

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

How do you know if anyone on the second table have paid for it?
The update clearly implies smisa have taken both tables. Why would they update members to tell them..
" people connected with the club, and guests" have taken a table?

On 11/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, BobbyLavatory said:

The 2nd table is SMISA committee members, their guests and other people connected to the club.

All are paying out their own pockets to support youth development.

How do I know...?  :unsure:

Sorry, lpm.

i only know because I’m a weirdo - I actually read the relevant posts on the thread.

as above.

34 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Just had a quick look at the figures concerned.

150 plus & premium members paying @ £12/month more over 10 years is £216,000

2 hospitality tables and 2 dinners (Season end and Youth development) @ £1200 a table again over 10 years is £48,000

Shares transferred to premium members at a cost in equity of £13,000

Diamond encrusted platinum pin badges, well they'll need to have been for LPM's figures to work out as the pay in from plus and premium members is currently at £155,000 more than the outgoings.

Wonder what LPM can add to make it that ordinary members are subsidising plus and premium members.

He also ignores the most important point staring him right in the face. If SMISA are buying these tables and dinners, the money is going to the benefit of SMFC, the club we all support and furthering the ultimate goal of progressing the team. 

His Us vs Them mentality is truly staggering and one I can't process as a stance for any fan of the football club. Benefiting our club financially = Bad 😕

To be fair, I mostly enjoy LPM's input.

Also I thoroughly approve of questions being asked and I have always been a fan of shit-stirrers and provocateurs.

We don't ever want to be the kind of fans who deny reality and are blindly LOYAL to whatever faction is in power with St Mirren.  That way the club could go out of business. Again.  :unsure:

Don't let the (us) basturts grind ye doon, LPM!

You're absolutely correct that folk should ask questions. [emoji23]
 Completely agree, folk should be able to raise questions & not blindly follow.    

Just that some or one can't admit they are ever wrong. [emoji23]

There's one or two more, LPM does not have exclusivity on that [emoji848][emoji16]

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Completely agree, folk should be able to raise questions & not blindly follow.       

There's one or two more, LPM does not have exclusivity on that emoji848.pngemoji16.png

Yep, many more. LPM is certainly the most brazen & prideful one though. 

In recent months we have shown him figures/ quotes that prove him wrong on OK travel, Mccalister fitness & season ticket sales. He does his usual deny then hide tactic.