The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

11 minutes ago, alanb said:

Cant see any booze being quaffed last year or any bar staff behind the bar (maybe camera shy though)

nothing to see here, move along now

It's desperation from LPM, this year he can't put policy ahead of vulnerable people, so he has to think of something else to try and be negative about. 

He made a point earlier that there shouldn't have been anything up against the option. This year there wasn't, no praise from him at all that they changed that? 

SMISA can't win because of his (failing) personal vendetta against them. 

A great example of why so many support club benefits in these votes. Opportunities like this can provide valuable experience for the young buds in their development. 
Smash it lads! 
40265338-6F6F-4C03-99D3-E9A3A416E34C.jpeg.583ce635da34067637a1742e8f933cba.jpeg
Would be good to hear how they got on in the matches they played too

50 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:
On 11/23/2019 at 9:15 AM, bazil85 said:
A great example of why so many support club benefits in these votes. Opportunities like this can provide valuable experience for the young buds in their development. 
Smash it lads! 
40265338-6F6F-4C03-99D3-E9A3A416E34C.jpeg.583ce635da34067637a1742e8f933cba.jpeg

Would be good to hear how they got on in the matches they played too

I think it’s quite young age groups from the posts online. Generally find scores in the matches they play aren’t tracked & are about the development, techniques & game time. 

Don't think they overlay do competitive score games until roughly mid-teens. 

• 1 month later...

E-mail about the latest monthly spend. I'm going to predict bazil will be vociferously in favour and LPM will be vehemently against.

Is there anyway I can schedule this post to reappear every few months for the rest of time?

E-mail about the latest monthly spend. I'm going to predict bazil will be vociferously in favour and LPM will be vehemently against.
Is there anyway I can schedule this post to reappear every few months for the rest of time?
I'm vehemently on favour of supporting Jim and the request.

I'm vehemently against funding it from the loaded one option only vote.

If the management want it and ask then I will gladly chip in.

This is not, in my very humble opinion, not what I ever envisaged the £2 pot being used for.

Community projects. Simple.

It WILL sail through of course.
The voting is structured to ensure that is the case but even if it wasn't, the request directly from Jim showing the benefits will ensure the vote sails through.

As I said at the start.

I see the benefits.
I support the request.
If the club cannot afford to fund an improvement requested by their own employee which will be beneficial to the club as a whole then I'm willing to chip in with a donation to support our manager and team...

But in no way shape or form can I support this as a donation from the SMISA £2 pot. Corrupt voting option notwithstanding!

Yes.

The usual bugle boy will wrongly label me anti St Mirren or at least resort to his favourite insult of fellow supporters as a fan of St Moan (interestingly, until Baz, who removed the veto, started calling fellow supporters St Moan fans, I had only ever heard that from opposition supporters who hate us! Never ever did I think that term would come from within! Maybe I was right and he will follow follow up on this with venomous distraction from the actual point!)

I am a St Mirren fan.
I am a St Mirren supporter.
I invest in the club as best I can.
I'd invest more if they hadn't reduced my season ticket income!

I support Jim's request.
I want what's best for the team and club.

I'm fckued if I'll be railroaded into denying a charity or community need in favour of it from this particular fund tho....

But if it is voted down and the club representatives ask for support to fund it, I pledge the first donation!

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

This is not, in my very humble opinion, not what I ever envisaged the £2 pot being used for.

The voting is structured to ensure that is the case but even if it wasn't, the request directly from Jim showing the benefits will ensure the vote sails through.

As I said at the start.

I see the benefits.
I support the request.
If the club cannot afford to fund an improvement requested by their own employee which will be beneficial to the club as a whole then I'm willing to chip in with a donation to support our manager and team...

But in no way shape or form can I support this as a donation from the SMISA £2 pot. Corrupt voting option notwithstanding!

Yes.

The usual bugle boy will wrongly label me anti St Mirren or at least resort to his favourite insult of fellow supporters as a fan of St Moan (interestingly, until Baz, who removed the veto, started calling fellow supporters St Moan fans, I had only ever heard that from opposition supporters who hate us! Never ever did I think that term would come from within! Maybe I was right and he will follow follow up on this with venomous distraction from the actual point!)

I am a St Mirren fan.

I support Jim's request.

I'm fckued if I'll be railroaded into denying a charity or community need in favour of it from this particular fund tho....

But if it is voted down and the club representatives ask for support to fund it, I pledge the first donation!

Not at all, your opinion is absolutely fine. Not sure where it’s came from that I would ever have an issue with an opinion like this. It isn’t a matter of right & wrong approach. The only part I think is unfair in your post is the ‘corrupt voting option’ there’s been plenty of occasions where club benefits have went up against community ones & they always win at a canter. I have seen absolutely no sign that trend is to be bucked anytime soon. 

Personally I think it’s more common sense just to have this by itself. doesn’t take a rocket scientist to look at the past & predict this would almost certainly beat any community option. You might disagree on that & think a community option would have a chance I suppose, also no issue with that. I just don’t see it and as such don’t think using words like ‘corrupt’ is fair. 

As for the St Moan, I also agree with you (sadly) I had heard it from other fans as well, not St Mirren ones. I do find it very unfortunate that it is perfectly reasonable to use against many on this website. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As for the St Moan, I also agree with you (sadly) I had heard it from other fans as well, not St Mirren ones. I do find it very unfortunate that it is perfectly reasonable to use against many on this website. 

Apologies for interjecting but this tripe you keep peddling is, well, tripe.

Have you ever read any other football forums?

They are equally full of supporters who find one reason or another to "moan", which they are perfectly entitled to do.

This forum, and set of supporters, are no more, or less, guilty than any other set so please leave it where it should be, in your vivid imagination. 

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

As I said at the start.

I see the benefits.
I support the request.

Yes.

I am a St Mirren fan.

I support Jim's request.

To be honest. I don't know what the request is and I don't know what the voting system is as I chose not to join in the scheme. 

My general understanding was / is that funds from this pot would support causes which were not core activities of the club but of benefit to the community.

I've seen various arguments over the years where the legality as well as the morality of the choice was being questioned. 

It's worth nothing, I know, but I chose to support the Club by buying a season ticket. Buying a parking space and joining the 1877 Club and bringing guests to visit. 

Lots of fans do the same or similar and contribute to the Buy The Buds. For those who do...this looks like an eternal and circular argument. I hoped / hope that the increasing role of the Foundation and Fans would enable folks to get away from what are seen by outsiders perhaps as distractions from the very good work being undertaken by so many involved with the club, foundation, supporters groups and others. 

Surely there is a private forum open only to BTB members to air these things...is there not? If not then perhaps there should be. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Personally I think it’s more common sense just to have this by itself. doesn’t take a rocket scientist to look at the past & predict this would almost certainly beat any community option.

You might disagree on that & think a community option would have a chance I suppose, also no issue with that. I just don’t see it and as such don’t think using words like ‘corrupt’ is fair. 

So a take or leave it at the complete exclusion of community benefit options is fair in your opinion? 

Fair enough for me to quote that in future?

At times when St Mirren FC are publishing accounts demonstrating profit, they should not be asking the supporters for money to fund anything.

They don't need to.

The money would be better accumulating for spending on St Mirren once the club is wholly supporter owned.

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies for interjecting but this tripe you keep peddling is, well, tripe.

Have you ever read any other football forums?

They are equally full of supporters who find one reason or another to "moan", which they are perfectly entitled to do.

This forum, and set of supporters, are no more, or less, guilty than any other set so please leave it where it should be, in your vivid imagination. 

We have a reputation for being one of the worst & IMO it’s fully justified. 

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

So a take or leave it at the complete exclusion of community benefit options is fair in your opinion? 

Fair enough for me to quote that in future?

For me, it’s fair enough that club benefits are just more popular. This is a democratic process & it’s been proven time and & time again that the majority of voting members prefer options that benefit SMFC. 

I’m not saying every single vote should just be SMFC benefits but we don’t know enough to say this is ‘corrupt’ there is absolute zero evidence for that. My opinion is, quarters where there is/ SMISA pick club benefits as a voting option, it makes little sense to put community benefits against them. Because common sense says they won’t win. 

Further on the ‘corrupt’ claim. For all we know, no viable community asks came out this quarter. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

No we don't. :lol:

Pantomime season is back. 

Playing the role of Miniscule Moaner from the Faraway land of Arbroath is THe Wee Man. 

Currently starring as Forum Numpry on the Long Running Black and White Army Fans (some of whom actually go to watch the team) Forum. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Not at all, your opinion is absolutely fine. Not sure where it’s came from that I would ever have an issue with an opinion like this. It isn’t a matter of right & wrong approach. The only part I think is unfair in your post is the ‘corrupt voting option’ there’s been plenty of occasions where club benefits have went up against community ones & they always win at a canter. I have seen absolutely no sign that trend is to be bucked anytime soon. 

Personally I think it’s more common sense just to have this by itself. doesn’t take a rocket scientist to look at the past & predict this would almost certainly beat any community option. You might disagree on that & think a community option would have a chance I suppose, also no issue with that. I just don’t see it and as such don’t think using words like ‘corrupt’ is fair. 

when was the last one option only vote?