The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

At times when St Mirren FC are publishing accounts demonstrating profit, they should not be asking the supporters for money to fund anything.

They don't need to.

The money would be better accumulating for spending on St Mirren once the club is wholly supporter owned.

a wise man once dared to suggest as much at an AGM!!! 

I happened to agree with him, then and now!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

where there is/ SMISA pick club benefits as a voting option, it makes little sense to put community benefits against them. 

Further on the ‘corrupt’ claim. For all we know, no viable community asks came out this quarter. 

Yet you call this democracy... you total hypocrite!

They won't win... let's not give them the voting option!!! Let them eat cake!!!

As for the second point... how many community projects that were previously denied funding would still appreciate investment? 

None? Not worth investigating? Reconsidering?

At least you are true to form!

The club and SMISA can do no wrong... hang on whilst I bend over... how deep would you like it?!!!!

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

As for the second point... how many community projects that were previously denied funding would still appreciate investment? 

The club and SMISA can do no wrong... hang on whilst I bend over... how deep would you like it?!!!!

I'm afraid there has to be a level of gatekeeping, otherwise the SMISA board would be inundated with requests that aren't included within their charitable aims on the off chance it might just get funded. 

For example, if I knew that every request went to the membership vote, what's to stop me putting in a request for the Dumbarton_Bud Really Needy Fund? 

A lot of charitable trusts/foundations work in this way - partly to fulfil their charitable aims; and partly as there isn't an infinite amount of money to donate.

The Trust administrator/secretary will remove applications that aren't relevant before handing the rest to the Trustees for discussion. If you get funding - awesome! If you don't, usually there isn't any appeals process, regardless how good your project is or the benefits it may provide. Generally speaking, you need to wait a year before reapplying - believe me, its a pain in the hole. 

The same goes for the Tesco/Asda charity token schemes. Hundreds of good causes will apply, but (usually) only three will be selected for funding in a particular region. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly happy at being asked to buy a drone for the club - with our proximity to the airport, the thing would likely get shot down if ever used during a game - but if no other projects (community or otherwise) were deemed suitable for consideration then there's not much we can do. 

Edited by dumbarton_bud

3 minutes ago, dumbarton_bud said:

I'm afraid there has to be a level of gatekeeping, otherwise the SMISA board would be inundated with requests that aren't included within their charitable aims on the off chance it might just get funded. 

For example, if I knew that every request went to the membership vote, what's to stop me putting in a request for the Dumbarton Bud Really Needy Fund? 

A lot of charitable trusts/foundations work in this way - partly to fulfil their charitable aims; and partly as there isn't an infinite amount of money to donate.

The Trust administrator/secretary will remove applications that aren't relevant before handing the rest to the Trustees for discussion. If you get funding - awesome! If you don't, usually there isn't any appeals process, regardless how good your project is or the benefits it may provide. Generally speaking, you need to wait a year before reapplying - believe me, its a pain in the hole. 

The same goes for the Tesco/Asda charity token schemes. Hundreds of good causes will apply, but (usually) only three will be selected for funding in a particular region. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly happy at being asked to buy a drone for the club - with our proximity to the airport, the thing would likely get shot down if ever used during a game - but if no other projects (community or otherwise) were deemed suitable for consideration then there's not much we can do. 

Thanks for taking the time to give a measured response. Truly appreciated. Your response reeks of honesty and integrity, not to mention compassion!

Lang may yer lum reek!

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

My opinion from a common sense perspective given the history of votes. You might disagree & that’s fine. I don’t have to agree with you. Hypocrite is incorrect though. I have no issue with there being a community benefit on any vote, I just don’t think there has to, especially given the history of votes. 

Not what I said. Again no issue with the option, just see it as a bit pointless up against club options. 

Most of not all of them I’d imagine. Irrelevant for two reasons 1. Wouldn’t win 2. Not a pretence to go revisit other options. How would you pick which one? 

Common sense. Again you’re free to disagree 

you seem angry & bitter that your choices don’t generally get supported. This is completely irrelevant, my points are purely observation based. 

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So the champion of democracy abandond it according to club protocol.

You absolute hypocrite!

A blend of Irrelevance and inaccuracy from you yet again. 

do you disagree on my point regarding club benefits always winning? Do you not understand common sense? 

Why no community benefit option this vote ? Nothing offered for consideration ? or nothing deemed suitable for consideration ?.

Whatever, no community option should be put up against a club option.

A vote either Yes or No for both to be accepted or rejected.

No need to have a competition every quarter.

28 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
A blend of Irrelevance and inaccuracy from you yet again. 

do you disagree on my point regarding club benefits always winning? Do you not understand common sense? 

Is democracy about freedom of choice? Yes or no?

Sure is. Doesn’t change the fact my opinion is the club benefit would win & as such it’s pointless putting something community based against it. Just my opinion. 

you have an issue with people having a different opinion from you? Yes or no. 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sure is. Doesn’t change the fact my opinion is the club benefit would win & as such it’s pointless putting something community based against it. Just my opinion. 

you have an issue with people having a different opinion from you? Yes or no. 

so you no longer support democracy!

your opinion is duly noted!

good to know, pants on fire boy!

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

so you no longer support democracy!

Word twisting noted 

your opinion is duly noted!

as is yours 

good to know, pants on fire boy!

wrong 

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

so no proof...