The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

From memory on the proposal, one of the counter points was we do have a rainy day fund. SMFC certainly have one as well which I imagine will be a big help right now. I don't think it's needed that clubs save every penny. short-term financial gains during the course of seasons has also really helped the club and community. 

Would that be the definition of the difference between evangelism and pragmatism??

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

From memory on the proposal, one of the counter points was we do have a rainy day fund. SMFC certainly have one as well which I imagine will be a big help right now. I don't think it's needed that clubs save every penny. short-term financial gains during the course of seasons has also really helped the club and community. 

You're right, clubs don't need to save every penny & that was never the objective. You know that.

Hopefully, it won't get to wishing we had saved a wee bit more to help cushion any financial blow if it comes.Hopefully, the financial footing of both SMISA & St Mirren is such that your Spend Spend Spend desire has no impact.

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

You're right, clubs don't need to save every penny & that was never the objective. You know that.

Hopefully, it won't get to wishing we had saved a wee bit more to help cushion any financial blow if it comes.Hopefully, the financial footing of both SMISA & St Mirren is such that your Spend Spend Spend desire has no impact.

It's not the club's money we are even talking about here though, it's SMiSA's. SMiSA will become the club's owners (51% anyway) in the near future and will need to be the provider of funds to cover financial shortfalls in times to come. I have no issue with the club being run to break even as long as the owners (SMiSA) have a pot of cash (and we are talking considerable sums) to cover unprecedented situations like the one we are in just now. 

9 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Would that be the definition of the difference between evangelism and pragmatism??

Don’t understand this comparison I’m afraid. 

2 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

My desire has never been ‘spend spend spend’ just that the relatively small value of the £2 pot is best used for its initial purpose. 

I’m a big advocate for a club operating within its means and prudently planning for tomorrow. Seemingly what St Mirren represent, in comparison to many other clubs anyway. 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:00 AM, WeeBud said:

It's not the club's money we are even talking about here though, it's SMiSA's. SMiSA will become the club's owners (51% anyway) in the near future and will need to be the provider of funds to cover financial shortfalls in times to come. I have no issue with the club being run to break even as long as the owners (SMiSA) have a pot of cash (and we are talking considerable sums) to cover unprecedented situations like the one we are in just now. 

I know, I've been advocating for a pot of cash for a couple of years.

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

222 vote to "save the pot"

Clearly demonstrates, there is a bit of an appetite for "saving the pot" emoji2.png

It isn't the "save the pot" option in the way you presented it, which was it couldn't be  touched until completion. I think even in these extreme times when a save option still can't win, it just shows the view remains strictly in the minority. 

Certainly not enough appetite to bring it back for consideration at any future meeting (probably pointless now anyway with the Kibble deal) 

It isn't the "save the pot" option in the way you presented it, which was it couldn't be  touched until completion. I think even in these extreme times when a save option still can't win, it just shows the view remains strictly in the minority. 
Certainly not enough appetite to bring it back for consideration at any future meeting (probably pointless now anyway with the Kibble deal) 
You do know you've just bitten big time. [emoji23]

Kombi that's a pint I owe you. Thought for sure he wouldn't have bit. [emoji26]

29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You do know you've just bitten big time. emoji23.png

Kombi that's a pint I owe you. Thought for sure he wouldn't have bit. emoji26.png

Yep I always will, self admitted many times. It's the same level of prediction as telling someone what the weather was like yesterday. :whistle

Yep I always will, self admitted many times. It's the same level of prediction as telling someone what the weather was like yesterday. :whistle
Baz, you never needed to reply as you did. A simple, your at it or good try in reply to Kombi would have sufficed. You brought some humour inadvertently instead of intentionally into our lives this now and by god do we need that with what's happening. [emoji106]

33 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Baz, you never needed to reply as you did. A simple, your at it or good try in reply to Kombi would have sufficed. You brought some humour inadvertently instead of intentionally into our lives this now and by god do we need that with what's happening. emoji106.png

With Kombis history on this subject, it's never completely clear if he's "at it"

He's laboured a point that got less than 3% of members interest for about a year now lol. 

He's laboured a point that got less than 3% of members interest for about a year now lol. 

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Baz.

You never fail to crack me up.

699 Votes for 68% "win" (of the votes cast)

But you default to "of the membership" for the votes for, for that proposal.

We used to call it Basil Bollocks. It still is.

Don't ever change [emoji2]

Can I have my hook back [emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png Baz.

You never fail to crack me up.

699 Votes for 68% "win" (of the votes cast)

But you default to "of the membership" for the votes for, for that proposal.

We used to call it Basil Bollocks. It still is.

Don't ever change emoji2.png

Can I have my hook back emoji1787.png

I've sent it back to 2005 when fishing online was more witty and original :whistle

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The spend the pot this month was won by a minority of the membership as well though 😘

15 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

The spend the pot this month was won by a minority of the membership as well though 😘

Very true, most are now. Think it shows majority SMISA members are happy just to pay their money & not bothered about the vote outcome. Personal preference. 

Very true, most are now. Think it shows majority SMISA members are happy just to pay their money & not bothered about the vote outcome. Personal preference. 
No, it doesn't.

921 of 13- 14 hundred members voted.
Unless you apply the priti patel method of doing sums, that's a majority of 65% - 72% or thereabouts voting.

Can somebuddie break his flux capacitor & leave him in 2005 [emoji1787][emoji1787]

23 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

No, it doesn't.

921 of 13- 14 hundred members voted.
Unless you apply the priti patel method of doing sums, that's a majority of 65% - 72% or thereabouts voting.

Can somebuddie break his flux capacitor & leave him in 2005 emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

I thought it was only 699 votes? What’s our total membership number now about 1,250? 

Fair point though, a wee bit most Than half interested in regular votes. still considerable number That don’t which is their choice.