The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

Is it now no longer a three monthly spend? I notice there's another proposal looking for support today which is the third one in what seems like a month or so.

Not complaining if it has changed, just curious as to when it happened. The info may well be on this thread but I've missed it because I've blocked SMISA's equivalent of Nadine Dorries.

• 6 months later...

Latest spend vote. Seems to be the same as the trip voted on last year for the women's team, bar the price.

As part of the 10% members pot you get the chance to vote for various projects presented to the SMiSA board. On this occasion we are asking you to vote to donate £4,500 to help the St Mirren women's the with the cost of flights for a pre season tour of Germany. The poll will remain open until 11pm on Tuesday 7th February and the result announced shortly afterwards.

Use the link below to register your vote:

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Latest spend vote. Seems to be the same as the trip voted on last year for the women's team, bar the price.

As part of the 10% members pot you get the chance to vote for various projects presented to the SMiSA board. On this occasion we are asking you to vote to donate £4,500 to help the St Mirren women's the with the cost of flights for a pre season tour of Germany. The poll will remain open until 11pm on Tuesday 7th February and the result announced shortly afterwards.

Use the link below to register your vote:

I think I shall rejoin just to vote for that.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As I said last year when they requested similar - it’s a massive NO from me.  
Get your arses down to Tesco and do some backpacking , have a bucket collection at games and those who want to support this can do so - not just SMISA members or approach local businesses etc for sponsorship .

Did it go through last year? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, Stu said:

Is it now no longer a three monthly spend?

A piece in the daily record popped up on my facebook that suggests, John Needham has ideas for SMISA' money.

"St Mirren chairman John Needham is urging SMiSA members to stick with the club and continue to shape change from within.

And the Buddies boss is calling on the majority shareholder supporters’ association to adapt and look at new ways of backing the Saints financially as the club continues to battle on after a £1.6 million hit."

Any ideas on what his vision of

"New ways of backing Saints financially" are?

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo

On 3/28/2023 at 7:14 AM, Kombibuddie said:

A piece in the daily record popped up on my facebook that suggests, John Needham has ideas for SMISA' money.

"St Mirren chairman John Needham is urging SMiSA members to stick with the club and continue to shape change from within.

And the Buddies boss is calling on the majority shareholder supporters’ association to adapt and look at new ways of backing the Saints financially as the club continues to battle on after a £1.6 million hit."

Any ideas on what his vision of

"New ways of backing Saints financially" are?

Now we have bought the club, I'd support giving every penny of the £12/£25 directly to the club to spend on developing the club on points such as youth development, stadium improvements and growing the fanbase. And if needed (under exceptional circumstances), paying down losses/ staff wages. 

Now we have bought the club, I'd support giving every penny of the £12/£25 directly to the club to spend on developing the club on points such as youth development, stadium improvements and growing the fanbase. And if needed (under exceptional circumstances), paying down losses/ staff wages. 

What about all those that pay £5, does that money not matter? [emoji6]

On 3/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, bazil85 said:

I’d vote for that. Keep it simple.

• 2 months later...

I know the three month terminology is probably dated now but here’s the latest spending requests from the members pot.

I’m happy to vote yes for both. 

‘SMiSA have been asked for 2 funding requests that require member approval, these are:

1/ The club have asked SMiSA for £15,000 to buy medical recovery equipment designed to speed up recovery time of players when they are injured. This includes a wireless muscle stimulator, muscle air bands, large ice machine for ice baths and strength and conditioning equipment specifically designed for players on rehab.

2/ We have been asked by Colin Bright for £5,000 for the pre match entertainment for kids. This figure will be matched by the club and will give younger fans some pre match entertainment throughout the coming season.

Both requests require a simple yes or no vote’