The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

On 2/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, HSS said:

"No murals will be put in away end as they'll be defaced."

Are they going to take the Family Stand Murals down when the ugly sisters come to Town?

20190219_111446.jpg

This was a concern I had over the HoF boards being in the family stand as they are not made of indestructible material. 

12 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

It's not gone unnoticed that less than a month after arguing against "Saving the Pot"

We have a Spend Pot vote of 2 options.
The 2nd option is to " Save the pot"

So much for "complicating the votes" 🤣🤣🤣

That's always what the option has been. A no vote means the money doesn't get used. In the past they've had 'none of the above' as an option for example, it's same thing different wording. They also clarify it could be used in future options so probably not what you were looking for. 

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Was there always a none of the above in every vote?

I believe I'll be voting for the community tickets, but glad there is the choice and will not be spitting out any dummies if the majority vote for the save option.

Not always, there’s has however always been variations (including simply voting no).

This is actually one of my gripes about some critics (the minority)of BTB. They give st mitten fans so little credit that we won’t understand a no vote will mean the money doesn’t get spent on the proposal and will be used for something else. I don’t think it has to be a separate option. 

I do think it’s a bit of a moot point though, if history has told us anything this will comfortably pass. 

25 minutes ago, st jock said:

Although I think the community tickets are a brilliant idea, to me it's down to the club to finance this. Shouldn't really cost anything and is great PR for them.

I think most would agree with this in theory and it has came up before. Personally and I'm sure a lot agree though, this is a great way for us to benefit the community and also put a wee bit more cash into our clubs budget. 

I'd like to see the club match the number of tickets we can buy but not sure that is even being discussed. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

April £2 spend ballot
The pot this time is again £3,000 and, with the project we are putting forward for consideration taking up the entirety of our budget, on this occasion we are giving members the option of either voting in favour or electing to keep the sum in the pot for possible future use.           

The project we are proposing is the purchase of Community Season Tickets. In each of the last two seasons, SMISA has bought from the club a block of season ticket seats at the Simple Digital Arena and made them available free-of-charge for use by community, charity and other local groups who otherwise might not be able to attend a match.

Given the positivity of the feedback we have received from groups who have used these tickets in the past, we are keen to offer the scheme again for season 2019/20. We believe such a project serves a number of purposes including supporting the club financially, fostering goodwill among the wider Renfrewshire community, and letting people experience a St Mirren game, often for the first time.

I wonder what stand these tickets are for, maybe community groups are more welcome at St Mirren Park when the OF visit than families are. 

Subtle difference between "save the pot" and "save the pot for a rainy day when we have fan ownership".

I think in hindsight that the proposal at the AGM may have got a very different outcome if many fans like me had realised that they could cast a "proxy vote".

As it was the proposal was decided by a room full of virtualy SMISA committee members so it never was going to get a fair chance.

It's not the committee's fault that things like the AGM are poorly attended.  that sadly is the way things like that are supported. 

It may have been good to have a proper agenda and any proposals requiring voting sent out in advance and the members options regards a proxy vote explained.

Despite the above, I do thank the Committee for their hard work in supporting our club.  

16 hours ago, st jock said:

Although I think the community tickets are a brilliant idea, to me it's down to the club to finance this. Shouldn't really cost anything and is great PR for them.

No.

The club can't start giving away one of its premium products for free. It would completely devalue the season ticket. 

On a separate point, it is time "complimentary" tickets were done away with entirely. Fans shouldn't need to subsidise freeloaders.

7 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

How can you spend or use money on something else if you don't have a separate option.

Moot point or not, it's called democracy. I'd rather have members having the choice than not and losing any.

I mean the option not to use the money for the purpose is to vote no. Right now we have replaced 'no to the proposal' with 'no to the proposal.' 

If this vote came out saying Yes or no to the proposal, voting no would achieve the exact same as the way the proposal is actually worded, so people still have the choice. 

5 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

Subtle difference between "save the pot" and "save the pot for a rainy day when we have fan ownership".

I think in hindsight that the proposal at the AGM may have got a very different outcome if many fans like me had realised that they could cast a "proxy vote".

As it was the proposal was decided by a room full of virtualy SMISA committee members so it never was going to get a fair chance.

It's not the committee's fault that things like the AGM are poorly attended.  that sadly is the way things like that are supported. 

It may have been good to have a proper agenda and any proposals requiring voting sent out in advance and the members options regards a proxy vote explained.

Despite the above, I do thank the Committee for their hard work in supporting our club.  

It was perfectly well explained, I couldn't attend so I proxy voted no. An explanation on how to do this was provided. Graeme also went beyond that and campaigned to proxy for anyone willing to vote yes. 

19 hours ago, st jock said:

This!

its great that groups who may not ordinarily attend get an intro to watching the saints. However it is yet another way for Scott to ensure Smisa subs are rifled by the club to the exception of anything else. Its more disturbing that you actually have the club's own community trust accessing these tickets. In essence the fans are paying the club, to let the club, let their mates in.

thankfully not in my name anymore. Next club accounts will make a few heads spin.

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

It explains about the financial benefit to the club in the proposal.

So who's 'mates' as you put it and who are these 'mates' that are benefiting?

Or are have you taken another vow of silence?

Why are smisa members subs being used to buy tickets for St Mirren Community Trust?

as its a Trust (there's a clue in that title) why cant it pay for tickets out of its own funds? Why the need to take more smisa cash? It is bare faced, shocking front to take smisa mebers funds like this in full view, knowing that perhaps no one will pick up the facts, and wrongs here.

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This!

its great that groups who may not ordinarily attend get an intro to watching the saints. However it is yet another way for Scott to ensure Smisa subs are rifled by the club to the exception of anything else. Its more disturbing that you actually have the club's own community trust accessing these tickets. In essence the fans are paying the club, to let the club, let their mates in.

thankfully not in my name anymore. Next club accounts will make a few heads spin.

Translation - ‘a majority of voting SMISA members had a different opinion to mine so I cancelled my membership and have to announce it to you all. I also really hope the club I support have very poor financial figures but can’t really back this up.’ 

35 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why are smisa members subs being used to buy tickets for St Mirren Community Trust?

as its a Trust (there's a clue in that title) why cant it pay for tickets out of its own funds? Why the need to take more smisa cash? It is bare faced, shocking front to take smisa mebers funds like this in full view, knowing that perhaps no one will pick up the facts, and wrongs here.

Because it’s the majority will of the voting members paying their money. Imagine St Mirren fans wanting to benefit St Mirren. 

Why do you have a problem with a great community incentive being mutually beneficial, what’s the downside to this? And why do you continually attack the intelligence of SMISA members? Has it ever occurred to you that people are fully aware but just support helping the football club we all support and don’t see it as a wrong? 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Because it’s the majority will of the voting members paying their money. Imagine St Mirren fans wanting to benefit St Mirren. 

Why do you have a problem with a great community incentive being mutually beneficial, what’s the downside to this? And why do you continually attack the intelligence of SMISA members? Has it ever occurred to you that people are fully aware but just support helping the football club we all support and don’t see it as a wrong? 

You could just not post, that would be a positive! Go watch an old firm game, take in the bigotry.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You could just not post, that would be a positive! Go watch an old firm game, take in the bigotry.

Nice deflection tactic. 

Translation 'I can't think of a negative regarding an arrangement that is mutually beneficial to St Mirren and the community' 

It was perfectly well explained, I couldn't attend so I proxy voted no. An explanation on how to do this was provided. Graeme also went beyond that and campaigned to proxy for anyone willing to vote yes. 

That is hilarious.

My "campaign" for proxy votes was 1 post 🤣🤣🤣 (from what I recall). 

I think i'll borrow the W7 drum for next years campaign. [emoji848]

21 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

That is hilarious.

My "campaign" for proxy votes was 1 post 🤣🤣🤣 (from what I recall). 

I think i'll borrow the W7 drum for next years campaign. emoji848.png

You wrote a whole page promoting why you think it should be going through and it went to every member :lol:

You wrote a whole page promoting why you think it should be going through and it went to every member [emoji38]

The (my) proposal sent out by SMISA was me campaigning for proxy votes [emoji33].

You do more spinning than Rumplestiltskin 🤣🤣

"For this to be passed, it requires votes in favour. If you cannot make SMISA's AGM (hopefully you can), please consider giving me your proxy vote to vote on your behalf. Thank you."

There you go Basil, I believe that was my entire campaign for votes.

Next year, I am hoping to enlist a campaign managers for West of The Cart & East of The Cart.
Might consider a campaign .manager for Up the Braes too