Kombibuddie

The 3 Monthly Spend

you could just buy the brushes and hire the mini-tractor once a month
Or buy the brush attachment to hook onto a club owned tractor/mini tractor.

How does the grass get cut.
By groundstaff pushing lawnmowers?

Com’n Kombi I can tell from your favourite player being Alex Beckett that we are both of a similar vintage.
if your teenage child was standing in front of you at 7pm and suggesting they need some money as they were going out that evening, do you believe the decision to go out is dependent on your response?
Of course not. They have the money. They are just hoping you’ll give them a bit more.
What a vintage we are.

Sounds like me trying to get a pound or two more to go the shows at The Kelvin Hall.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

you could just buy the brushes and hire the mini-tractor once a month

I'm sure they could... Or we could buy the mini-tractor and save on the long-term hiring costs. 

23 hours ago, HSS said:

Just had the e-mail in about the latest £2 spend.

1.Murals inside the stadium

2.Equipment to tend the SMiSA bought artificial pitch at Ralston.

3.No spend.

The example shown with the Mural option looks great.Its that magnificent image of Big Thommo after his League Cup Final goal.There would be 2 murals in each of the home stands and they would fairly brighten the place up a bit.

Option 1 got my vote but no doubt the money will be spent on the pitch.

I would also go for Option 1 Murals. 

Second Choice would be Bank. 

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

It's not rocket science.
The request is for a mini tractor/ride on with extendable brushes.
The video sent with the email supports that.

A man/woman (groundsman) pushing a brush over the same surface will do a similar job. Therefore, the life expectancy of the product will be extended.

I don't think it's rocket science that there will be benefit in an item of machinery doing this over a guy with his brush. The benefit will be quality and consistency of work as well as faster. Can you imagine the team turning up  at 9am , 'sorry lads we'll need to wait another hour cause old Jimmy is still brushing the pitch' :lol:

You can apply the logic of a person doing it to pretty much anything. Should I throw out my toaster because I could stand over an open flame and heat my bread just as well?

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm sure they could... Or we could buy the mini-tractor and save on the long-term hiring costs. 

Forgive me bazil. Wasn't there a clear business case for the purchas and maintenance of the pitch 

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

It's not rocket science.
The request is for a mini tractor/ride on with extendable brushes.
The video sent with the email supports that.

A man/woman (groundsman) pushing a brush over the same surface will do a similar job. Therefore, the life expectancy of the product will be extended.

So the mini tractor at Greenhill road only needs sticking on a trailer and taking to Ralston once or twice a month???

surely the club arent just after Smisa's cash for the sake of it?

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Voted for the murals, would look great I think and another step towards making legoland at least feel slightly like home. Would be great to have something similar around the outside of the stadium too. There's no need for the place to be such a drab carbon copy of other new build homes. A bit of bohemian spirit would be very welcome indeed.

Agree with the above posters, the fund is not there for day-to-day maintenance of facilities. The club needs to budget for that itself. I'd be staggered if that was voted through. 

Gave these pictures to Fans Council 4 years ago. No one interested.

images.jpeg.jpg

4360668440_9454cc4ee3_z.jpg

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Gave these pictures to Fans Council 4 years ago. No one interested.

images.jpeg.jpg

4360668440_9454cc4ee3_z.jpg

Looks great! A bit of colour outside the stadium would be even more welcome.

Sadly it seems to take f**king ages to get anything at all done when St Mirren are involved, but hopefully SMISA are making a good start with this.

40 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Forgive me bazil. Wasn't there a clear business case for the purchas and maintenance of the pitch 

For the pitch im sure, there might have been for the maintenance I'm not sure. But like I say, I have trust in my club and if this is a request that they feel will add value, that’s all I need. 

So the mini tractor at Greenhill road only needs sticking on a trailer and taking to Ralston once or twice a month???
surely the club arent just after Smisa's cash for the sake of it?
Have they got a trailer or hasn't SMISA bought it yet?

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

For the pitch im sure, there might have been for the maintenance I'm not sure. But like I say, I have trust in my club and if this is a request that they feel will add value, that’s all I need. 

This again illustrates why I haven't joined in the purchase.

It's not about trust... It's about business. 

6 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Or buy the brush attachment to hook onto a club owned tractor/mini tractor.

How does the grass get cut.
By groundstaff pushing lawnmowers?

They would only ask SMISA for the money to buy a trailer that can cope with the transportation of the mini tractor and a pick-up for towing it betweenlocations..

Wait a minute, there is an opportunity for an external income stream right there-landscape services and use the Kibble kids as slave labour.  or get the guys from the football fit scheme to push the trailer from Greenhill road to Ralston and back.

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyptian slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Edited by beyond our ken

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

They would only ask SMISA for the money to buy a trailer that can cope with the transportation of the mini tractor and a pick-up for towing it betweenlocations..

Wait a minute, there is an opportunity for an external income stream right there-landscape services and use the Kibble kids as slave labour.  or get the guys from the football fit scheme to push the trailer from Greenhill road to Ralston and back.

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyption slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Good thinking BYK.  Add an attachment or two and they can clean the streets on the way there and back or cut any grass verges. 

14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

SMFC is a business and I can't think of one element of BTB where any trust has been broken. They haven't done anything they categorically said they wouldn't from my POV.  

As fans we have a collective desire for the club to do well (you'd think). That's why it is a bit of a foreign concept to me that some people take massive issue with proposals that help our club. Even worse are the ones that take issue in mutually beneficial (community and club) proposals. Baffling. 

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Bazil could drive them on like an ancient Egyptian slave master with cries of "if you slow down you are being negative"  or "this will save the club enough money to cover the entire bootlace budget for the month".

Forgive me for thinking people crying over £6 a quarter helping the team we all apparently support is negative... 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Forgive me for thinking people crying over £6 a quarter helping the team we all apparently support is negative... 

Why bother giving us a choice then?Just give all the 3 monthly spend to the Club.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

Why bother giving us a choice then?Just give all the 3 monthly spend to the Club.

Last vote was very close. Who’s to say for sure the other options won’t win?

I fully agree with choices and people’s right to not be happy with where the money goes.

What I’m not a big fan of, is people being critical of a process that works very well and not wanting the consistently most popular choice of club benefits to be an option.

But mainly the moaning fans that threaten to quit BTB because some people have a different opinion to them. Fortunately most of them have vanished, still see a few on twitter and Facebook right enough. 

16 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You have to be careful about engaging with Bazil.  He may harp on the same message incessantly but people who are more easily influenced can be susceptible to that kind of prompting.  I don't credit him with any method behind his madness, more blind loyalty and the perceived Kudos of being flag waver in chief for the SMISA cabal but the single message that it is negative and anti- St Mirren to even question the SMISA cabal will be influential.

The really bad thing is that people come on here to offer opinions and discuss things and he is on any SMISA-sceptism like a hot rash.