The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

The thread was set up more for SMISA to approach the club to fund supporters buses - not to waste the Buy the Buds money on such frippery... as turrabuddie was doing...  :rolleyes:

I would have no issue with the club or SMSIA funding buses, a great way to get further support at away games and really help the cause. Not sure I understand why you would be okay with SMFC funding it out their pocket and not SMISA which would need a democratic consensus to pass anyway? What's the difference? 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Enjoy your time with shull in my ignore list.

If you start behaving like a human rather than an arrogant bellend I might be prepared to talk again.

👍 you can ignore me all you want, I don’t care. I’ll just take it as yet another unanswered question. 

15 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Erm no it wasn't! Read HSS's post. The thread developed into a conversation about the club subsidising buses but the first post is quite unambiguous. I can only assume that HSS was serious when he suggested it. 

I guess if you are true to your word you'll stop bothering? 🤔

FWIW though. I agree with you. It would be nonsense. 

At that time, SMISA was definitely the route used to get the FANS pov across to the club... ostensibly and IIRC my reading of the thread was just that: ie "get the club to pay for fans buses, thru SMISA".  NOT that it would come out of monthly BtB donations.

I am one of those who monthly/always votes for the £2.00 to stay in the pot.

I voted against the Kibble buyout. I happen to believe in BtB for St Mirren fans so I was prepared to keep my subs going till the fans took over.

I would be not keen to see that pocket money being further misdirected. 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

At that time, SMISA was definitely the route used to get the FANS pov across to the club... ostensibly and IIRC my reading of the thread was just that: ie "get the club to pay for fans buses, thru SMISA".  NOT that it would come out of monthly BtB donations.

I am one of those who monthly/always votes for the £2.00 to stay in the pot.

I voted against the Kibble buyout. I happen to believe in BtB for St Mirren fans so I was prepared to keep my subs going till the fans took over.

I would be not keen to see that pocket money being further misdirected

Matter of opinion I suppose but glad you're sticking with BTB. It's a democratic process after all. 

• 2 weeks later...
The thread was set up more for SMISA to approach the club to fund supporters buses - not to waste the Buy the Buds money on such frippery... as turrabuddie was doing...  :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, I was referring to the surplus £2 pot only.

I believe SMiSA should collect the the monthly payments and continue to put aside the funds originally earmarked for share purchase. As I understand it, if Kibble decide they want out of the club at some point in the future, they must first offer their shares to SMiSA and, if this happens, I’d like the funds to be available immediately.

If there’s no interest in funding supporters buses, how about the Panda Express instead ?

• 1 month later...

latest update and voting options. Surely even the most negative of St Mirren fan can’t Moan about this? 

A lot has changed in the world since our previous update and we hope you are all staying healthy and coping the best you can in difficult circumstances.  

Although there is sadly no football on the pitch to occupy us for the time being, the SMISA committee is still working away as normal behind the scenes. 

Social distancing may mean we can no longer meet in person but we have remained in touch through email, group chat and even held our first-ever committee video call! 

We are also still in regular dialogue with the St Mirren board via our two SMISA club directors, David Nicol and David Riley, who have provided an update for members below.  

We will endeavour to keep you as informed the best we can as events progress, either through emails like this one or on our website and social media channels. 

April £2 spend ballot

This month we have £2500 available in the pot and two options for members to vote on. The first option is to provide financial support to the St Mirren Charitable Foundation who continue to carry out sterling work in our community. 

The money would help chief executive Gayle Brannigan and her team continue to deliver essential community outreach initiatives and services during this time.

These include providing online support to groups through You Tube and Zoom educational seminars and workouts, and also daily support via What’s App groups and one-to-one phone calls.

The Foundation is also working with partner organisations within Renfrewshire to redistribute essential food and hygiene products to vulnerable individuals and families who are most in need. 

The second option is to keep the money for possible use at a later date. The club is thankfully on relatively solid financial footing at the moment but there is obviously great uncertainty ahead for everyone. 

As we move towards our stated aim of becoming majority owners of St Mirren by the end of 2021, members can vote to hold over this quarter’s money for a time when there may be greater need for it.

Voting on VeryConnect using this link: https://tinyurl.com/w5ghpcj   will close on April 21.

In the meantime, members can make individual contributions to the Foundation now should they wish to at  https://tinyurl.com/seps2vu

This month we also made the final instalment of our contribution to the cost of the new artificial pitch at the Ralston training ground. This means the July £2 Spend will be restored to around £7000.

Club directors’ update

The club’s number one priority will always be the safety and well-being of our staff and players. We are well-positioned to weather the crisis due to sensible sustainable management by this board and the previous board.

Obviously we don't know how long this crisis will continue for but the board is continuing to talk almost every day to ensure the club is reacting appropriately to what is a very fluid situation. 

We want to pay particular tribute to the work of the Charitable Foundation and Street Stuff for continuing to support the community during this difficult period. We also want to pay tribute to our media man James Hunter for producing some wonderful content for all of us missing our football fix.

As always we will do our best to keep the members – and the support as a whole – updated via news on www.stmirren.com.

Virtual AGM

Having had to unfortunately cancel our proposed AGM on March 28 due to the growing Covid-19 threat, we are now working towards hosting an online process that would give members the chance to vote on matters as they would at a traditional AGM.

Details will follow on how that will work in the coming weeks. 

In the meantime if you have any questions about this or anything else please get in touch via [email protected].

Best wishes and stay safe.

The SMISA committee

latest update and voting options. Surely even the most negative of St Mirren fan can’t Moan about this? 
A lot has changed in the world since our previous update and we hope you are all staying healthy and coping the best you can in difficult circumstances.  
Although there is sadly no football on the pitch to occupy us for the time being, the SMISA committee is still working away as normal behind the scenes. 
Social distancing may mean we can no longer meet in person but we have remained in touch through email, group chat and even held our first-ever committee video call! 
We are also still in regular dialogue with the St Mirren board via our two SMISA club directors, David Nicol and David Riley, who have provided an update for members below.  
We will endeavour to keep you as informed the best we can as events progress, either through emails like this one or on our website and social media channels. 
April £2 spend ballot
This month we have £2500 available in the pot and two options for members to vote on. The first option is to provide financial support to the St Mirren Charitable Foundation who continue to carry out sterling work in our community. 
The money would help chief executive Gayle Brannigan and her team continue to deliver essential community outreach initiatives and services during this time.
These include providing online support to groups through You Tube and Zoom educational seminars and workouts, and also daily support via What’s App groups and one-to-one phone calls.
The Foundation is also working with partner organisations within Renfrewshire to redistribute essential food and hygiene products to vulnerable individuals and families who are most in need. 
The second option is to keep the money for possible use at a later date. The club is thankfully on relatively solid financial footing at the moment but there is obviously great uncertainty ahead for everyone. 
As we move towards our stated aim of becoming majority owners of St Mirren by the end of 2021, members can vote to hold over this quarter’s money for a time when there may be greater need for it.
Voting on VeryConnect using this link: https://tinyurl.com/w5ghpcj   will close on April 21.
In the meantime, members can make individual contributions to the Foundation now should they wish to at  https://tinyurl.com/seps2vu
This month we also made the final instalment of our contribution to the cost of the new artificial pitch at the Ralston training ground. This means the July £2 Spend will be restored to around £7000.
Club directors’ update
The club’s number one priority will always be the safety and well-being of our staff and players. We are well-positioned to weather the crisis due to sensible sustainable management by this board and the previous board.
Obviously we don't know how long this crisis will continue for but the board is continuing to talk almost every day to ensure the club is reacting appropriately to what is a very fluid situation. 
We want to pay particular tribute to the work of the Charitable Foundation and Street Stuff for continuing to support the community during this difficult period. We also want to pay tribute to our media man James Hunter for producing some wonderful content for all of us missing our football fix.
As always we will do our best to keep the members – and the support as a whole – updated via news on www.stmirren.com.
Virtual AGM
Having had to unfortunately cancel our proposed AGM on March 28 due to the growing Covid-19 threat, we are now working towards hosting an online process that would give members the chance to vote on matters as they would at a traditional AGM.
Details will follow on how that will work in the coming weeks. 
In the meantime if you have any questions about this or anything else please get in touch via [email protected].
Best wishes and stay safe.
The SMISA committee

Spend £2,500 for online stuff...
or save £2,500 to help the club in the future. This is indeed a no brainer. We agree at last.

I fully support helping St Mirren through this hard time rather than irresponsibly waste it on online stuff that a 1,000 plus membership could help provide for minimal cost, as any community service should.

Glad you agree... Or do you favour redirecting funds from keeping our club alive?

45 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Spend £2,500 for online stuff...
or save £2,500 to help the club in the future. This is indeed a no brainer. We agree at last.

I fully support helping St Mirren through this hard time rather than irresponsibly waste it on online stuff that a 1,000 plus membership could help provide for minimal cost, as any community service should.

Glad you agree... Or do you favour redirecting funds from keeping our club alive?

I’m not completely sure what you mean here. Are you just asking if I support saving the money or giving it to the foundation?

personally I haven’t completely made my mind up on how I’ll vote. But I believe any reasonable person would accept these as good options.

12 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Was save it for the future not a request for every vote which was not agreed at the agm? Shows that it might not have been such a bad idea after all

That vote was save it until after the completion as a nest egg sort of fund.

This is save it for a future option Or future need sort of thing. which is pretty much what a no vote has always done anyway. they’ve just changed the wording a bit. 

26 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This is save it for a future option Or future need sort of thing. which is pretty much what a no vote has always done anyway. they’ve just changed the wording a bit. 

Eh? Are you at the wind up. 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No need to diminish saving that pot money for the future by twice calling it a ”sort of” thing/fund.  

It is a reasonable valid choice.

54 minutes ago, antrin said:

No need to diminish saving that pot money for the future by twice calling it a ”sort of” thing/fund.  

It is a reasonable valid choice.

I’m not diminishing it, it’s just the terminology I chose to use. 

I agree but it wasn’t one there was any appetite for, evidenced in the members vote numbers. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’m not diminishing it, it’s just the terminology I chose to use. 

I agree but it wasn’t one there was any appetite for, evidenced in the members vote numbers. 

Maybe there wasn't, but the reasoning behind it was for situations we now find ourselves in. IMO shows that saving or at least the option was a sensible option. 

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

Maybe there wasn't, but the reasoning behind it was for situations we now find ourselves in. IMO shows that saving or at least the option was a sensible option. 

My reason behind not being in favour was I didn’t think it would make a massive difference & we would have better use of it short term. But all about opinions.

Guess there’s the possibility but it sounds like the Club’s in a stronger financial position than most & doubt the quarterly saving would have made much of a difference to that. 

4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Save the pot.

Hmmm, decisions decisions emoji1787.png

It's what any sensible business would do in these troubled times, who knows how many folk may not be able to afford their monthly contributions once this all settles down, hopefully all of them but you never know. Charity is fine for the individual as they are aware of their current financial situation but this is exactly the kind of unforeseen circumstances that a rainy day fund is needed for.

That said if the majority vote it through then that's fair enough, just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

It's what any sensible business would do in these troubled times, who knows how many folk may not be able to afford their monthly contributions once this all settles down, hopefully all of them but you never know. Charity is fine for the individual as they are aware of their current financial situation but this is exactly the kind of unforeseen circumstances that a rainy day fund is needed for.

That said if the majority vote it through then that's fair enough, just my opinion though.

From memory on the proposal, one of the counter points was we do have a rainy day fund. SMFC certainly have one as well which I imagine will be a big help right now. I don't think it's needed that clubs save every penny. short-term financial gains during the course of seasons has also really helped the club and community.