The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Kombi put you up to this fishing attempt? 😂😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Kombi put you up to this fishing attempt? 😂😂

No and not fishing attempt, always though Smisa were quite pathetic for standing up and being themselves, the whole share issue being sold recently proved that. Not what fans signed up for but gave in and bottled it.

29 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

No and not fishing attempt, always though Smisa were quite pathetic for standing up and being themselves, the whole share issue being sold recently proved that. Not what fans signed up for but gave in and bottled it.

Or fans realised a fantastic deal with an amazing charity that will likely be beneficial to all. 👍

Seems like one of these us vs them views when you look at SMFC & SMISA. Reality is they’re one and the same all fighting for the same goal, best we can do is pull in the same direction which is what we’ve seen.

From bottom end of the championship to one of our best SP finishes (sort of) in 30 years, all while breaking even year on year. Not a bad achievement in the four short years since SMISA/ GLS partnership. Still get some fans that are never happy. 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Or fans realised a fantastic deal with an amazing charity that will likely be beneficial to all. 👍

Seems like one of these us vs them views when you look at SMFC & SMISA. Reality is they’re one and the same all fighting for the same goal, best we can do is pull in the same direction which is what we’ve seen.

From bottom end of the championship to one of our best SP finishes (sort of) in 30 years, all while breaking even year on year. Not a bad achievement in the four short years since SMISA/ GLS partnership. Still get some fans that are never happy. 

I don’t doubt either your sincerity nor the noble work being done by the people to whom the £2.00 pots are being diverted, but...

if I donate to https://www.sightsavers.org...

... I would be unhappy if part of my donation was diverted to save whales, rainforests or a school playground in Kyleakin.

my choice is being subverted, my chosen charity is being short changed and the recipients of its work are not getting what I’d wish for them.

4 hours ago, antrin said:

I don’t doubt either your sincerity nor the noble work being done by the people to whom the £2.00 pots are being diverted, but...

if I donate to https://www.sightsavers.org...

... I would be unhappy if part of my donation was diverted to save whales, rainforests or a school playground in Kyleakin.

my choice is being subverted, my chosen charity is being short changed and the recipients of its work are not getting what I’d wish for them.

Yes but if you donated to them in full knowledge that every three months part of the funds would go to a democratic members vote on their use (for unspecified proposals). Would you still take issue?

I bought into BtB so that new generations in my home town might have its own team in the future.  At the time, this seemed a way to help secure that future.

I am genuinely not wanting to disburse my limited financial input by it being funnelled into random projects, mooted by others.  Doing that, dilutes the monthly subs and puts the security of St Mirren in Paisley in jeopardy by kicking completion down the road.  (notwithstanding the recent "deal" with Kibble) I have no interest in charities that I have not personally picked.

If you want me to say that I never noticed that WAS the case (when I signed up for the big picture without grasping detail when I joined) and that if I don't l like it I should f**k off, then I could easily be tempted to do so.

Edited by antrin

I bought into BtB so that new generations in my home town might have its own team in the future.  At the time, this seemed a way to help secure that future.
I am genuinely not wanting to disburse my limited financial input by it being funnelled into random projects, mooted by others.  Doing that, dilutes the monthly subs and puts the security of St Mirren in Paisley in jeopardy by kicking completion down the road.  (notwithstanding the recent "deal" with Kibble) I have no interest in charities that I have not personally picked.
If you want me to say that I never noticed that WAS the case (when I signed up for the big picture without grasping detail when I joined) and that if I don't l like it I should f**k off, then I could easily be tempted to do so.
To prove a point and have the last word... He would accept that ...
Watch this space!

Having never used the word “accept” in this boring bazilfest, I don’t know what he’s threatening, but his patter is putting me in the mood to just chuck BTB, just so the wean can feel good about winning his trivial last word.

we wait with bated breath.

almost as exciting and convincing as sevco’s threat of revealing special “evidence” about SPFL/SFA misdemeanours... when the time is right!

11 hours ago, antrin said:

I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying it was very clear. I think there has been (very minimal regarding overall numbers) cases of people thinking it's tail wagging the dog with BTB. The £2 was always mooted as an extra and wasn't going to be part of finalising the deal. Any vote we've taken on where the £2 spend should go hasn't delayed anything regarding BTB completion. It was always put as an extra. 

I'd ask, if the deal was just £10/ £23 a month and no more was said about it, would you be happy? Because ultimately that is what's happening  (regarding actually buying the clb) with no "dilution" of the monthly subs. The only part of the monthly subs getting spent is the £2 on top of the money fans are putting up to buy the club. And from day one, that's what it was there for. 

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

To prove a point and have the last word... He would accept that ...
Watch this space!

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Having never used the word “accept” in this boring bazilfest, I don’t know what he’s threatening, but his patter is putting me in the mood to just chuck BTB, just so the wean can feel good about winning his trivial last word.

we wait with bated breath.

almost as exciting and convincing as sevco’s threat of revealing special “evidence” about SPFL/SFA misdemeanours... when the time is right!

Admitted many times I enjoy this part of the debate (as does BEK and even if he doesn't admit it, he loves trying to get the last word). It isn't any sort of miraculous prediction on my behaviour. 

If you leave or stay with BTB don't kid yourself it's anything to do with me. You've made a point on a discussion forum, I have accurately and fairly addressed it. I would even wager, some of my biggest critics would agree with me the decision mechanism for the £2 was very clear. :whistle

I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying it was very clear. I think there has been (very minimal regarding overall numbers) cases of people thinking it's tail wagging the dog with BTB. The £2 was always mooted as an extra and wasn't going to be part of finalising the deal. Any vote we've taken on where the £2 spend should go hasn't delayed anything regarding BTB completion. It was always put as an extra. 
I'd ask, if the deal was just £10/ £23 a month and no more was said about it, would you be happy? Because ultimately that is what's happening  (regarding actually buying the clb) with no "dilution" of the monthly subs. The only part of the monthly subs getting spent is the £2 on top of the money fans are putting up to buy the club. And from day one, that's what it was there for. 
Oh FFS!
Honestly?