The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

Defo the forum Jessy,goes on like Isa, nothing but a bitching woman who canny keep her gob shut!

Well that comment was all over the place. Some conclusion you've came to after 12 days on the forum. :whistle

Edited by bazil85

I am guessing there are GUESTS on the Forum. 

They may have been GUESTS since 2002 and have great knowledge of the Forum. 

Some folk have just became MEMBERS of the forum recently. 

Those new MEMBERS may have previously been GUESTS since 2002.

I am not surprised that I have to explain this to complete thickos on this Forum. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

I am guessing there are GUESTS on the Forum. 

They may have been GUESTS since 2002 and have great knowledge of the Forum. 

Some folk have just became MEMBERS of the forum recently. 

Those new MEMBERS may have previously been GUESTS since 2002.

I am not surprised that I have to explain this to complete thickos on this Forum. 

You don't need to explain it, I'm sure most if not all understand that's a possibility. I would also say it's highly unlikely. 

34 minutes ago, shull said:

Indeed. 

You're all three. 

You can have the last word as there will be no ten pager. 

I would rather be zapped with 5G. 

Thanks, I've illustrated my point and how ridiculous yours was anyway. 

No idea what the 5G reference is right enough. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Social media message from the club and SMISA today thanking SMISA members for continued support of the youth academy with six months of member funds. I don't think there was an email (didn't get one anyway) or comms at the time bar the website but the six month proposal passed with below. 

You have chosen to support this overwhelmingly, with more than 98% (618) of the 629 members who voted giving the proposal their backing.

A no brainer for me in the climate, well done SMISA members. That's roughly £14,800 worth of the £2 portion member funds. 

• 7 months later...

Have to say, more Ralston repairs and a Panda costume... it’s times like this you have to miss a good old LPM breakdown 😅

Please find details of the latest £2 Spend ballot and other news from the SMISA committee. 

April £2 Spend 

This month we have two potential projects to vote on with a total cost of £7500.

The first is to provide a contribution towards the cost of materials for the refurbishment of the first-team facilities at the club’s training ground at Ralston. This project would see substantial and lasting improvements made including a new roof and improved drainage, ventilation and insulation around the site as a whole. 

The first team is training primarily at the SMISA stadium currently due to the situation at Ralston and this investment would go some way towards allowing them to return to the training ground on a more regular basis.

If voted through, this would be a joint venture between SMISA, the club and Kibble. SMISA would provide a contribution of £6000 towards the costs of the materials, with the club footing the bill for the outstanding amount. Kibble would then oversee the project and supply the requisite labour and management at no additional cost. 

The second option this quarter is to support the purchase of an additional professionally-designed Paisley Panda costume. The furry mascot has become well-established over the years as one of St Mirren’s most famous and visible marketing assets.

As well as greeting the crowd before home matches and hosting the half-time “Bung a Baw” competition, the Panda often makes appearances at other club events including a number of the St Mirren Charitable Foundation’s community projects and fundraisers.

The current suit is more than a decade old now and somewhat dated and Colin Bright, organiser of the children’s matchday entertainment and a SMISA committee co-optee, would like to replace it with a new one.

The cost of a properly padded and insulated professional suit to cope with regular use, often in outdoor winter conditions, is £1500.

Members can choose to support one, both or neither of these projects, with any unspent sums retained in the bank for possible future use.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Latest spending ask (club pot) from SMISA 

St Mirren women’s team ballot 

The St Mirren women’s team is heading to Germany next month to take part in a tournament as part of their pre-season preparations. They have covered their own costs for accommodation, food and airport transportation but have asked if SMISA members can help cover the cost of their flights which, for 15 players and coaches, amounts to around £2700.

The previous £2 Spend fund and ballot has been discontinued and was replaced in the new funding structure with the Club Pot, which can be used to cover this type of request subject to members' approval. 

I've voted no to this. The womans' team are very poor finishing nearly bottom of the League and routinely getting skepled by double digit scores from the likes of Renfrew Juniors Ladies. Going to Germany looks like a jolly. Am happy to contribute to better coaching, facilities, equipment or better players but not for their summer holidays. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 6/10/2022 at 12:11 PM, Sonny said:

I've voted no to this. The womans' team are very poor finishing nearly bottom of the League and routinely getting skepled by double digit scores from the likes of Renfrew Juniors Ladies. Going to Germany looks like a jolly. Am happy to contribute to better coaching, facilities, equipment or better players but not for their summer holidays. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I agree! If they'd won the league or something, then a jolly's a good reward, but if they're getting hammerings each week then no. 

I voted yes because we need to encourage women and young girls into football. 

I hink it’s disingenuous to say they are going on a ‘jolly’ - they are going to a football tournament representing StMirren - they’re not off to las Vegas.

We quite rightly support the Youth Academy to the tune of 30% of subs so surely we can spare a couple of quid each to support and hopefully improve the womens team.

I voted yes because we need to encourage women and young girls into football. 
I hink it’s disingenuous to say they are going on a ‘jolly’ - they are going to a football tournament representing StMirren - they’re not off to las Vegas.
We quite rightly support the Youth Academy to the tune of 30% of subs so surely we can spare a couple of quid each to support and hopefully improve the womens team.
I don't see how going to Germany will improve them when a team of amateurs just along the road, and others in the League have thrashed them many times this season. I am happy to help the team but I see no benefits in improving the team by them flying to Germany at our expense. I'll help the team in other ways but not this. All about opinions. Look at their results and League placings and gauge if spending £3k on flights is the best way to improve performances.

Any other amateur team wanting to do this sort of thing would be Bag Packing in Tesco or running race nights etc , as far as I’m concerned , they are no different. 
Until they have the means to support themselves via league placement money / sponsorship / ticket sales or some other means - you pay your own way .