Jump to content

Kombibuddie

The 3 Monthly Spend

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Bart Simpson said:


So bought within the last year?

Was it Alex Rae that suggested their use from the inference?

Don't mean to pry, I was just primarily interested in whether this was something that the quarterly spend could help with i.e. With a decent spec one for Ralston or the ground - something that has already been asked from your reply.

Then secondly wondering whether this method was something that could help rebuild and strengthen the relationship between manager and the fans (albeit directly with the 1300+ rather than everyone) i.e. A direct request or suggestion from Jack as to what would help him on a day to day basis (accepting that there would need to be some benefit to the club in a wider sense - use for under 21/19s to aid with training/development for example).

I think there are various specs available with pretty high tech stuff including heart rate monitors which would provide a lot of data re: aerobic training for example, but as above perhaps it was a figure of speech welcoming any support provided by the fans...

Alex Rae never asked for anything, it was left to the academy coaches to work to their own budget and ask for what they want help with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, notabuddie said:

Are the ones we use not just used for training thought Jack was looking for something that could be used during the game

Why dont we just get the players chipped. Cheaper. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2017/04/04/some-swedish-workers-are-getting-microchips-implanted-in-their-hands/?utm_term=.4a2451e2fd42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Suppose it's okay to mention chips now, Callum Ball has long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2017 at 2:13 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Get the chips sponsored by the Cosmo. Mind you, getting the players chipped is just frittering money away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the Smisa update re Quiz and Youth football issue. No interest in the quiz, (seems like an odd time to hold it, would have thought on the cusp of the new season would have maximised potential numbers), the youth football issue though is very dissapointing.

when you consider £2500 is being spent to put up new HoF boards, (that could have been refurbed for pennies, or indeed a rolling local sponsor could have been paying for them) because Gordon wants new ones, but only £700 is earmarked for a local community project that could, if properly planned and positioned see a years worth of extensive advertising, recruitment and recognition for Smisa and the club.

The proposal as is: smisa trying to find a youth team to give £700 to for new strip, if more than one a draw for the money.

what I and Buddiecat talked through and started to plan whilst working with Smisa board.

Consult, involve and create partnership with local Youth Leagues/Association, devise plan to sponsor league/cup for one season, get local business involved via Smisa members to back up the sponsorship as well as Smisa members, take Smisa roadshow to every club in league/ cup to meet parents and players and sign up new members.

commit £2.5 to £5k towards sponsorship (pending discretionary vote approval), pay a percentage of the sponsorship to association, league/cup winners and runners up to be spent on strips/equipment/event with Smisa branding.

arrange with SMFC for final/play off/presentation game to be played at the 2021, have a bbq etc, invite all teams/parents of who participated, recruit new members, anounce sponsorship deal for next season.

What we are actually seeing is a token gesture to the local community, whilst the club rake in the overwhelming amount of discretionary spend, which most of the projects dont involve, invite or build partnerships with local groups. 

As one of, i would guess many Smisa members that want to see REAL community involvement as promised in the BTB campaign. This frittering away, and missed opportunity of getting tangible, positive outcomes from members subscriptions is a major disappointment.

you promised you would work with the community, its been a year... time for genuine involvement, not token gestures.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye... I also got that SMISA update.

like yourself, LPM, it didn't thrill me.

 

No interest in frittering away monthly subs on local youth football. No real interest in subsidising the local community (that's a local political function, for me). And, as you describe it, a distraction and dissipation of SMISA energies in propping up an entirely separate edifice from the club.  Simply interested in keeping St Mirren alive.

also little interest in a quiz...

But it's the close season. I don't expect anything more exciting than sightings of white dogshite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got the Smisa update re Quiz and Youth football issue. No interest in the quiz, (seems like an odd time to hold it, would have thought on the cusp of the new season would have maximised potential numbers), the youth football issue though is very dissapointing.

when you consider £2500 is being spent to put up new HoF boards, (that could have been refurbed for pennies, or indeed a rolling local sponsor could have been paying for them) because Gordon wants new ones, but only £700 is earmarked for a local community project that could, if properly planned and positioned see a years worth of extensive advertising, recruitment and recognition for Smisa and the club.

The proposal as is: smisa trying to find a youth team to give £700 to for new strip, if more than one a draw for the money.

what I and Buddiecat talked through and started to plan whilst working with Smisa board.

Consult, involve and create partnership with local Youth Leagues/Association, devise plan to sponsor league/cup for one season, get local business involved via Smisa members to back up the sponsorship as well as Smisa members, take Smisa roadshow to every club in league/ cup to meet parents and players and sign up new members.

commit £2.5 to £5k towards sponsorship (pending discretionary vote approval), pay a percentage of the sponsorship to association, league/cup winners and runners up to be spent on strips/equipment/event with Smisa branding.

arrange with SMFC for final/play off/presentation game to be played at the 2021, have a bbq etc, invite all teams/parents of who participated, recruit new members, anounce sponsorship deal for next season.

What we are actually seeing is a token gesture to the local community, whilst the club rake in the overwhelming amount of discretionary spend, which most of the projects dont involve, invite or build partnerships with local groups. 

As one of, i would guess many Smisa members that want to see REAL community involvement as promised in the BTB campaign. This frittering away, and missed opportunity of getting tangible, positive outcomes from members subscriptions is a major disappointment.

you promised you would work with the community, its been a year... time for genuine involvement, not token gestures.

 

 

What you're seeing is what was voted for. Your brother also knows why we went with that option and supported it. Oh and the SFA praised SMISA for making the offer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Got the Smisa update re Quiz and Youth football issue. No interest in the quiz, (seems like an odd time to hold it, would have thought on the cusp of the new season would have maximised potential numbers), the youth football issue though is very dissapointing.

when you consider £2500 is being spent to put up new HoF boards, (that could have been refurbed for pennies, or indeed a rolling local sponsor could have been paying for them) because Gordon wants new ones, but only £700 is earmarked for a local community project that could, if properly planned and positioned see a years worth of extensive advertising, recruitment and recognition for Smisa and the club.

The proposal as is: smisa trying to find a youth team to give £700 to for new strip, if more than one a draw for the money.

what I and Buddiecat talked through and started to plan whilst working with Smisa board.

Consult, involve and create partnership with local Youth Leagues/Association, devise plan to sponsor league/cup for one season, get local business involved via Smisa members to back up the sponsorship as well as Smisa members, take Smisa roadshow to every club in league/ cup to meet parents and players and sign up new members.

commit £2.5 to £5k towards sponsorship (pending discretionary vote approval), pay a percentage of the sponsorship to association, league/cup winners and runners up to be spent on strips/equipment/event with Smisa branding.

arrange with SMFC for final/play off/presentation game to be played at the 2021, have a bbq etc, invite all teams/parents of who participated, recruit new members, anounce sponsorship deal for next season.

What we are actually seeing is a token gesture to the local community, whilst the club rake in the overwhelming amount of discretionary spend, which most of the projects dont involve, invite or build partnerships with local groups. 

As one of, i would guess many Smisa members that want to see REAL community involvement as promised in the BTB campaign. This frittering away, and missed opportunity of getting tangible, positive outcomes from members subscriptions is a major disappointment.

you promised you would work with the community, its been a year... time for genuine involvement, not token gestures.

 

Great stuff. Put my name down for it !! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

 

What you're seeing is what was voted for. Your brother also knows why we went with that option and supported it. Oh and the SFA praised SMISA for making the offer.

 

Another huge opportunity missed, but hey we've got new Hof boards to engage the local community with, trouble is they are only visible to people on the inside. Whats Next on Gordon's Gift List..?

new cutlery set for the boardroom?

new Rattan outdoor furniture?

Hostess Dinner Trolley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

 

What you're seeing is what was voted for. Your brother also knows why we went with that option and supported it. Oh and the SFA praised SMISA for making the offer.

 

what's his brother got to do with it. Ain't the first time recently that I've seen "your brother" being used as a stick. Is everyone meant to have same opinions as their siblings?

Edited by Kombibuddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
what's his brother got to do with it. Ain't the first time recently that I've seen "your brother" being used as a stick


It's not a stick, it's just that Tony makes statements on here that I can't see the need for when you consider both he and his brother were on the committee. In this instance it's very much relevant due to the fact the three of us were pushing the community side of things and timescales/lack of response meant the kit offer was really all we had left. I've stated in the past that there's a bigger picture, hopefully we'll be able to do more on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

what's his brother got to do with it. Ain't the first time recently that I've seen "your brother" being used as a stick. Is everyone meant to have same opinions as their siblings?

As you suggest, I think its the last desperate, payhetic attempt to personalise and demonise for no good reason. Sad really that a rep of our fan-based trust would go there. If he is going to respond, then address any issues/questions raised. Don't have a go at families supporting, and buying the buds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As you suggest, I think its the last desperate, payhetic attempt to personalise and demonise for no good reason. Sad really that a rep of our fan-based trust would go there. If he is going to respond, then address any issues/questions raised. Don't have a go at families supporting, and buying the buds.


????????

You blast SMISA for not doing more. I highlighted that Peter was involved and that you should know why we didn't do more. The plans were there, contact was made and to date we (until recently that included yourself and Peter) didn't have much to go on. That's not me being personal at all, it's more me just pointing out the futility of your latest attack.

The question was why we haven't done more, I believe I answered it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

 

 


It's not a stick, it's just that Tony makes statements on here that I can't see the need for when you consider both he and his brother were on the committee. In this instance it's very much relevant due to the fact the three of us were pushing the community side of things and timescales/lack of response meant the kit offer was really all we had left. I've stated in the past that there's a bigger picture, hopefully we'll be able to do more on it.

 

The brothers relationship is totally irrelevant & maybe you haven't intended for "your brother" to be used as a stick in this instance but that's the way I perceived it. As I said, it's not the first time "your brother" has been used in replies to LPM as if he should not be questioning/critical because his brother has supported something..

A " there were 3 of us including me & you pushing the community side " should have sufficed.

Tell us, what is the "bigger picture"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The brothers relationship is totally irrelevant & maybe you haven't intended for "your brother" to be used as a stick in this instance but that's the way I perceived it. As I said, it's not the first time "your brother" has been used in replies to LPM as if he should not be questioning/critical because his brother has supported something..
A " there were 3 of us including me & you pushing the community side " should have sufficed.
Tell us, what is the "bigger picture"
 


I've highlighted it before, indeed I did so when the initial vote came out on the email and it all kicked off then too. In simple terms it's to involve the local footballing community as much as we can. The problem is that we haven't yet had much discussion with the local leagues, so don't have much visibility of what we can or can't do. There is also the obvious issue of SMISA being much changed compared to the towel buying (perception again) contributor it previously was. There's a balancing act between serving our community (the St Mirren support) and community work not directly linked to the club, which could promote SMISA. The £2 spend only goes so far, various members will have differing views and who knows how much of any wider plan will actually be achievable or best use of available funds.

I've no doubt every SMISA member has their own bigger picture, again we have to balance them all. As always, there are very simple ways to put them across and get involved. I'm also fully aware, having done this before with 19,000 members, that we'll deal with queries and negative comment. If "your brother was involved" being taken the wrong way by people who know neither of us is the worst I'm accused of then I've probably actually done quite well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

 


????????

You blast SMISA for not doing more. I highlighted that Peter was involved and that you should know why we didn't do more. The plans were there, contact was made and to date we (until recently that included yourself and Peter) didn't have much to go on. That's not me being personal at all, it's more me just pointing out the futility of your latest attack.

The question was why we haven't done more, I believe I answered it.

 

Naw ye didnae answer it Kenny, and I don't expect you to answer for the rest of the committee at every turn. To make an idea/plan as i illustrated happen the whole of the committee need to be onboard with what they promised, that is to involve the local community. My point is given the massive opportunities to take Smisa and SMFC to all the community, and see the positive outcomes that can bring, we seem content to just lob a cheque in that direction every now and then instead of gettiing feet and hands involved to win the hearts and minds.

Smisa like any organisation will only see that "what it gives, is what it gets" so if your not sitting down with, giving your time, attention, skill and support to the local community, you wont get any increased support/involvement back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

 


It's not a stick, it's just that Tony makes statements on here that I can't see the need for when you consider both he and his brother were on the committee. In this instance it's very much relevant due to the fact the three of us were pushing the community side of things and timescales/lack of response meant the kit offer was really all we had left. I've stated in the past that there's a bigger picture, hopefully we'll be able to do more on it.

There it is Kenny, Tony made a statement (not me). The need for Tony making statements is i assume to inform others of the background behind projects that make it to the quarterly spend vote. On the youth football sponsorship, the original idea was to sponsor a youth tournament or cup, the league associations showed little or no interest when contacted, Tony then proposed having a youth tournament on the day of the "Saint for a day" game, this proposal was for a "family day" with stalls, bbq's and involvement of local companies to promote themselves etc., this idea was presented to the club and the reply some weeks later was, "the academy staff are arranging the event" bit of a blow but softened slightly when i was advised that the academy were given my contact info and would liase with me on how SMiSA could help, didn't hear anything from them for a couple of weeks, so i emailed reminding them i was the SMiSA contact for this and wanted to know what we could do to help, also asked to be invited along to their meetings for the organisation of the event to find out what help was needed and to propose a few ideas to make it a family day. Despite me mentioning this at our meetings and on our contact page, i had no further reply or comment at all from either the club,academy or the other SMiSA board members (yourself and Tony apart). The only conclusion arrived at there was that some people had decided amongst themselves that they didn't want the £2 spend going on this and just ignored all contact on it. It actually could have been self financing.

So back to the drawing board and my original idea of directly liasing with a youth football team regarding sponsorship, which you quite rightly suggested should be open to all teams and given that the leagues were not interested, i suggested we invite members, who have children playing for youth teams, to apply for a sponsorship, this is now unbelievably being taken back a step by trying to contact the leagues again. These are the reasons why there is a need for Tonys' statements - communication, clarity and involvement are sadly lacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

. If "your brother was involved" being taken the wrong way by people who know neither of us is the worst I'm accused of then I've probably actually done quite well.

 

 

it's not an accusation, it's my perception, so no, you are not doing quite well at all.

For folks like me who know very few folk on BAWA, what people post on BAWA helps build a bit of a picture. Your use of "your brother" & further responses have been quite informative.

I am surprised the local youth leagues were not engaging, I would have thought they'd all have snatched SMISA' hand off at a sponsorship opportunity. There is a thread on 'Other Football' titled "Youth Football Clubs you are involved with" From what I remember there were a few St Mirren fans (more local to Paisley) involved with youth football (managing & coaching etc) posted in there, they might be worth talking to for some ideas.

Edited by Kombibuddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
it's not an accusation, it's my perception, so no, you are not doing quite well at all.
For folks like me who know very few folk on BAWA, what people post on BAWA helps build a bit of a picture. Your use of "your brother" & further responses have been quite informative.
I am surprised the local youth leagues were not engaging, I would have thought they'd all have snatched SMISA' hand off at a sponsorship opportunity. There is a thread on 'Other Football' titled "Youth Football Clubs you are involved with" From what I remember there were a few St Mirren fans (more local to Paisley) involved with youth football (managing & coaching etc) posted in there, they might be worth talking to for some ideas.


You can't accuse me of using "your brother" as a stick then claim it's just perception. I'm assuming Peter, Tony and yourself can be offended though I can't. Moving on though...

I was handling contact from local clubs all day yesterday, hopefully will today and tmorrow too. Thank you for highlighting the thread on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

 

 


You can't accuse me of using "your brother" as a stick then claim it's just perception. I'm assuming Peter, Tony and yourself can be offended though I can't. Moving on though...

I was handling contact from local clubs all day yesterday, hopefully will today and tmorrow too. Thank you for highlighting the thread on here.

 

That is how I have perceived it (originally). You say differently. Your right, I don't know you so I am not in a position to contest how you meant it and since I am inclined to trust people, I will take your word for it.

 Fortunately, I don't take offence so am not offended by it but I thought slinging "your brother" in the manner you did into the reply, was not appropriate nor is it necessary. i'd be totally scoobied if my opinions were thought to be the same or similar to other members of my family.

good luck finding a club to benefit from SMISA' generosity.

 

Edited by Kombibuddie
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

 


You can't accuse me of using "your brother" as a stick then claim it's just perception. I'm assuming Peter, Tony and yourself can be offended though I can't. Moving on though...

I was handling contact from local clubs all day yesterday, hopefully will today and tmorrow too. Thank you for highlighting the thread on here.

Glad that clubs are now in contact. What are the plans for deciding which teams make it into the draw e.g. from Renfrewshire and playing in Renfrewshire leagues, clubs who are in dire financial need as opposed to well off clubs etc.,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glad that clubs are now in contact. What are the plans for deciding which teams make it into the draw e.g. from Renfrewshire and playing in Renfrewshire leagues, clubs who are in dire financial need as opposed to well off clubs etc.,


I think it's really difficult to means test it plus most clubs are fairly poorly off financially anyway. The majority will have at least one age group who'd take your hand off. So, I'm inclined to just have one single draw. Outwith the winning team, I'd like to think we could offer some partnering support (non-financial) to other clubs through the season. That's not been discussed, but is something I'd propose be looked at.

The detail released has had Renfrewshire based as one of the criteria and I can also confirm applications have came in from boys and girls teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...