The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

It's been organised by St Mirren community trust, but they are puting a penny in, the Salvation army are providing the meals, the SPFL are contributing  financially and there is a crowdfunding site set up, do they really need SMiSA cash?

I have no ideas of who or what is involved with it. A request for SMISA cash this year had me thinking, would be a good thing for SMISA to support in future years too. If they don't need the money, scratch that idea.

4 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Perhaps SMISA (with members approval) could work something out with the organisers for SMISA to support the community Christmas meal every year.

It somthing i brought up when on the Smisa committee, picking one or more dedicated local causes and supporting them through the year, but especially at Christmas. No one wanted to know at the time as i believe they were worried it would upset Gordon because the money wouldnt be going through the club.

its issues like this, that the likes of Bonkers Baz etc dont pick up on, or choose to ignore. Smisa, and the club dont want the members to choose to support any cause that means the cash isnt going through the club in some way. Hence Waldorf highlighting how many other sources of funds the club are accessing to, lets face it, make it look like they are funding it.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As if the poor people attending haven't had it bad enough they are going to be 'Shown in to the 1877 Club'.

i guess the first party game up will be Musical Chairs then?

Don't know about seating in the venue but dinner would be better served in corporate suite as it accommodates more I assume, especially if the Sally Army bring the band

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It somthing i brought up when on the Smisa committee, picking one or more dedicated local causes and supporting them through the year, but especially at Christmas. No one wanted to know at the time as i believe they were worried it would upset Gordon because the money wouldnt be going through the club.

its issues like this, that the likes of Bonkers Baz etc dont pick up on, or choose to ignore. Smisa, and the club dont want the members to choose to support any cause that means the cash isnt going through the club in some way. Hence Waldorf highlighting how many other sources of funds the club are accessing to, lets face it, make it look like they are funding it.

This vote has shown the members choice remains club benefit. You spinning it to SMISA being scared of GLS has been proven time and time again to be wrong. You might not like it but SMISA are acting on the will of the majority (club benefits) and you pushing any other agenda is nothing but undemocratic  

You’re a walking contradiction. ‘SMISA don’t want any money going to non St Mirren causes’ ‘I can’t believe the club would put an additional vote in place to give £500 to a community option’ 

it’s clear to everyone you’re still crying over being patched off the committee and have a vendetta against SMISA. the fortunate thing is you’re not having any real impact on BTB and it continues to support the will of the majority voting members. It must hurt. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As if the poor people attending haven't had it bad enough they are going to be 'Shown in to the 1877 Club'.

i guess the first party game up will be Musical Chairs then?

Don't pretend now like you care. You've said very clearly that stringent process is more important to you than this brilliant community project. You'd rather they got £500 less funding than you be forced to say something positive about SMISA/ SMFC 

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This vote has shown the members choice remains club benefit. You spinning it to SMISA being scared of GLS has been proven time and time again to be wrong. You might not like it but SMISA are acting on the will of the majority (club benefits) and you pushing any other agenda is nothing but undemocratic  

You’re a walking contradiction. ‘SMISA don’t want any money going to non St Mirren causes’ ‘I can’t believe the club would put an additional vote in place to give £500 to a community option’ 

it’s clear to everyone you’re still crying over being patched off the committee and have a vendetta against SMISA. the fortunate thing is you’re not having any real impact on BTB and it continues to support the will of the majority voting members. It must hurt. 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Don't pretend now like you care. You've said very clearly that stringent process is more important to you than this brilliant community project. You'd rather they got £500 less funding than you be forced to say something positive about SMISA/ SMFC 

You might need to wipe your spittal off your screen after that meltdown mate. Here's a tip... stop,replying to my posts and see if it lowers your blood pressure.

most of your post is the usual inane rant, however you either know absolutely nothing about how Gordon controls Smisa, or have been recruited to call it 'Fake News' at every turn. People remember the absolute clusterf**k he created last year because an option appeared on the £2 vote to donate about a quarter of the 3monthly spend to a local youth football club that has been training, playing and supporting young people in our community for decades, and unlike St mirren youth teams, they dont charge kids whose families can't afford the subs.

he went doolally pip at the idea that only a quarter of one vote might not be going to the club! The feckin mask slipped that day, big time!

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You might need to wipe your spittal off your screen after that meltdown mate. Here's a tip... stop,replying to my posts and see if it lowers your blood pressure.

most of your post is the usual inane rant, however you either know absolutely nothing about how Gordon controls Smisa, or have been recruited to call it 'Fake News' at every turn. People remember the absolute clusterf**k he created last year because an option appeared on the £2 vote to donate about a quarter of the 3monthly spend to a local youth football club that has been training, playing and supporting young people in our community for decades, and unlike St mirren youth teams, they dont charge kids whose families can't afford the subs.

he went doolally pip at the idea that only a quarter of one vote might not be going to the club! The feckin mask slipped that day, big time!

Very cute, you aren't fooling anyone though I'm afraid. It's clear that you have a vendetta against GLS and SMISA and make every attempt to hamper them (without succeeding) at every turn.

The reality is:

- Club benefit options are clearly the favourite of the majority vote. There was a very clear community benefit detailed that didn't win which proves GLS being the one controlling the money to be false, it is in-fact the paying members  

- SMISA have went above and beyond this quarter in an attempt to help the community, both in original vote and additional suggestion

- You have had to resort to possibly the lowest point of any member in BAWA history by throwing some of the most vulnerable in society under the bus, just to get your rage out about SMISA 

- GLS made a statement detailing a conflict of interest, not only is it a correct statement,  detailing conflicts of interest is a regulatory requirement.  You mentioning it contradicts your point completely that GLS 'controls' SMISA 

BTB is ahead of schedule, member numbers remain strong, the majority seem completely content, this is going to happen. It really must hurt all your effort is for nothing. 

By rights, there shouldnt even be a "club bill paying" option on the ballots for the next two and a half years! Dont forget they rifled the ringfenced funds of £50k, which we are paying ourselves back at £5k a quarter from the £2 pot!

so there shouldn't be Club centric options on the vote, ffs they aren't even trying to make it look fair now!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

By rights, there shouldnt even be a "club bill paying" option on the ballots for the next two and a half years! Dont forget they rifled the ringfenced funds of £50k, which we are paying ourselves back at £5k a quarter from the £2 pot!

so there shouldn't be Club centric options on the vote, ffs they aren't even trying to make it look fair now!

But all is within process so you must be okay with it? 

Process exists to have club benefits as an option. As per the FCA telling oor Stuart to jog on, it’s completley within rules.  

process exists to democratically change the conditions of the ring fence, it’s completely within rules. 

You've done yourself by shamefully saying we shouldn’t be helping the vulnerable because you consider it not to be within process. 

I know it hurts LPM, it clearly gets under your skin but you’re powerless to influence the BTB train. It ain’t stopping :booty

A vote was held, the members voted. Why then have another vote? What you are anti democracy now?
we know the answer is shame and embarrassment on Smisa's behalf, but they should look at past vote results and instead of always weighting it in the club's favour, actually have checks and balances to ensure the community options have a chance of being voted through!
but hey now Smisa have bought a second set of goalposts, and we had the vote on buying matchballs, logic may conclude that if you get a set of nets thrown in with every purchase of goalposts??? Then the next vote should see the club putting forward a fully costed option on getting some new Line Paint bought from the smisa bank!
either that, or an option to replace the toilet blocks in the urinals, or an upgrade on the shite paper. 
I think you will find that last option was mine LPM [emoji40]

Basil, why do you think that it will be a landslide vote to spend £500 on a community Xmas dinner? The original vote showed that only a third of the people who voted wanted it. More people thought goalposts would be better allegedly. FWIW I voted for option 3 and then yes to the £500 spend so it's something I'm in favour of.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, waldorf34 said:
It's been organised by St Mirren community trust, but they are puting a penny in, the Salvation army are providing the meals, the SPFL are contributing  financially and there is a crowdfunding site set up, do they really need SMiSA cash?

Thought about this again. As Waldorf34 says, With

St Mirren community Trust
Salvation Army
SPFL
Crowdfunding

all involved.

What difference will £500 from SMISA make??

Edited by Graeme Aitken
just noticed a typo

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Absolutely correct LPM, Looks like GLS has the cash cow of SMiSA as his petty cash tin, ! They decide the priorities of what was a £ 8k quarterly spend now  reduced to 3 k and  of course Gordon  would  be delighted to have  such poodles in tow, Cash for Goalposts and a wee donation of 50k  for day to day expenditure of the upkeep of his Football Club !  

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Well done in highlighting in one post your complete lack of understanding for what BTB is and a clear distain for democracy.

The unquestionable truth is paying members favour club benefit spend over community spend. unless that changes, SMISA have a duty to the will of their members (after all its their money). They put a very clear and worthwhile community option on the poll and it was beaten.

Instead of praising them for saying ‘look we know you said no to the big pot but how about we give them £500 we have extra?’ You have chosen to hammer them for following the democratic process they said they’d do from days one.

Hope that helps in clearing up your miss-understanding. I would ask you to explain why me thinking it’s correct that SMISA do what the majority of members want them to do, makes me a brown noser but we all know you couldn’t.  

Oh dear see you are still being that wee arse licker and brown nosing little spunk bubble that you have been since  you were surgically removed from R E A, arse !  Hope you have grown a pair since then, Hanging on to coat tales since the 10,000 whores fiasco of anybody who would listen or read your diatribe, What is it like to be a snivelling  crawling  snake in the grass  who runs to the  webmaster crying  that he has been emotionally upset by  words said on a  Internet forum ?  The posse paved the way for BTB and I am proud to be part of the crew who showed what could be done for our football club with regards to fan ownership and the community, !  In the meantime could you please go and lye in your pish and stop criticising  constructive criticism ! Ps  want to crawl up Div’s arse and ask him to lift his 6year ban caused by  you so that I can use a normal computer ! 

4 hours ago, The Feegie Saint said:

Oh dear see you are still being that wee arse licker and brown nosing little spunk bubble that you have been since  you were surgically removed from R E A, arse !  Hope you have grown a pair since then, Hanging on to coat tales since the 10,000 whores fiasco of anybody who would listen or read your diatribe, What is it like to be a snivelling  crawling  snake in the grass  who runs to the  webmaster crying  that he has been emotionally upset by  words said on a  Internet forum ?  The posse paved the way for BTB and I am proud to be part of the crew who showed what could be done for our football club with regards to fan ownership and the community, !  In the meantime could you please go and lye in your pish and stop criticising  constructive criticism ! Ps  want to crawl up Div’s arse and ask him to lift his 6year ban caused by  you so that I can use a normal computer ! 

Feegie. Hidden amongst your personal diatribe against the other poster are,  I think,  areas worth debating.  I say this as a non member and someone who will remain a non member until I see evidence of the required  working relationship between SMISA and the Club and a structure fully in place to support community benefit. The latter has made strides and recent announcements have been encouraging. 

19 hours ago, st jock said:

Basil, why do you think that it will be a landslide vote to spend £500 on a community Xmas dinner? The original vote showed that only a third of the people who voted wanted it. More people thought goalposts would be better allegedly. FWIW I voted for option 3 and then yes to the £500 spend so it's something I'm in favour of.

Club benefits are always the most popular. With a straight yes or no for £500 with no competing club option, I think it’ll be a landslide but we’ll see. I voted for the goalposts 

15 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Thought about this again. As Waldorf34 says, With

St Mitten community Trust
Salvation Army
SPFL
Crowdfunding

all involved.

What difference will £500 from SMISA make??

It’ll make some difference. Might not be massive but giving £500 to a cause like that IMO is a good thing to do. If it helps another X number of people get a dinner, I’m in. 

I’ll always support St Mirren benefits in these votes but this yes/ no vote. I’m all in. 

10 hours ago, The Feegie Saint said:

I’ve never said I have been emotionally upset by anything said on here. 

Its clear BTB and SMISA is getting you down. You wee lamb, are you okay? sorry but it’s happening and nothing you can do to stop it. You and LPM will just have to sit crying as the democratic will of the majority prevails. :thumbs2

‘but but but agreeing we should do what paying members want is brown nosing’ :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It’ll make some difference. Might not be massive but giving £500 to a cause like that IMO is a good thing to do. If it helps another X number of people get a dinner, I’m in. 

I’ll always support St Mirren benefits in these votes but this yes/ no vote. I’m all in. 

I can understand your empathetic pov…

It shows morality and care for others... but what bothers me about the £2.00 dribbles out of the pot is the fact that we all signed up for saving money specifically to Buy The Buds.

I am not convinced that the £2.00 pots should go to purchase aspects of what the current business should be funding.

Now, although I am also touched by the concerns of various good causes and charities, I prefer to chose the causes to which I am diverting a wee slice of my income.  I do that, already. 

I want my team to be in my home town and being run by Buddies for Buddies.  That's what I bought into.  I don't like that money being diverted elsewhere.

There is an unending torrent of 'good causes' out there.  I think smisa should focus on the job in hand, the job specified in the initial appeals - Buying the Buddies.  Get that done and then, perhaps, seek funding for other things.

Edited by antrin

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I’ve never said I have been emotionally upset by anything said on here. 

Its clear BTB and SMISA is getting you down. You wee lamb, are you okay? sorry but it’s happening and nothing you can do to stop it. You and LPM will just have to sit crying as the indifference of the majority prevails. :thumbs2

‘but but but agreeing we should do what paying members want is brown nosing’ :rolleyes:

FIFY

3 hours ago, antrin said:

I can understand your empathetic pov…

It shows morality and care for others... but what bothers me about the £2.00 dribbles out of the pot is the fact that we all signed up for saving money specifically to Buy The Buds.

I am not convinced that the £2.00 pots should go to purchase aspects of what the current business should be funding.

Now, although I am also touched by the concerns of various good causes and charities, I prefer to chose the causes to which I am diverting a wee slice of my income.  I do that, already. 

I want my team to be in my home town and being run by Buddies for Buddies.  That's what I bought into.  I don't like that money being diverted elsewhere.

There is an unending torrent of 'good causes' out there.  I think smisa should focus on the job in hand, the job specified in the initial appeals - Buying the Buddies.  Get that done and then, perhaps, seek funding for other things.

It’s a fair POV to have. Just the way of it right now that a majority are in favour of contributing the pot to club spends. Not everyone will be 100% happy all the time with every aspect of something like that and I think it’s best just to respect this is the majority will. 

My opinion on it is anything we can save for the club we all support that could benefit the team or save money in the wage budget, it’ll get my vote. St Mirren will always be my priority in BTB and much like you’ve eluded to, i’ll Give money to charities I choose.

This £500 though,  I’m okay with it. I do think it’s a great approach. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Bazil

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer the question.

with St Mirren Community Trust involved, The Salvation Army Involved, Funding through SPFL and support from crowdfunding, what difference will  an additional £500 from SMISA make? Will it make a difference?

I thought this was a belter of an idea but I wasn't aware / hadn't noticed the groups already involved and now thinking, why is SMISA money needed and what difference will it make. Before I vote on a yes or no vote, I want a wee bit more info to make as best an informed decision as I can and not just vote blind.