Jump to content

The 3 Monthly Spend


Kombibuddie
 Share

Recommended Posts


17 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

It is brilliant, but could have been done so much better. That said, literally nobody GAF so why make more of an effort? 

I don't think it's fair to say no one GAF. I'd say a more realistic breakdown of SMISA members would be 

  • A very small number not in favour of funding the pitch
  • A much larger figure in favour
  • Larger still (just over half) don't GAF or happy with other people deciding by voting. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I don't think it's fair to say no one GAF. I'd say a more realistic breakdown of SMISA members would be 

  • A very small number not in favour of funding the pitch
  • A much larger figure in favour
  • Larger still (just over half) don't GAF or happy with other people deciding by voting. 

I was talking about doing it better, ergo views on the vote don't matter. I'm referring to sitting on it for a year, not having a specific fundraising campaign and limiting the size of the £2 pot as a result. There is a lot of talk about Foundation of Hearts, but they and other groups don't sit around saying "we're only volunteers", refusing to explore funding streams and taking plaudits for doing very little outside the basic function. 

Edited by TsuMirren
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

I was talking about doing it better, ergo views on the vote don't matter. I'm referring to sitting on it for a year, not having a specific fundraising campaign and limiting the size of the £2 pot as a result. There is a lot of talk about Foundation of Hearts, but they and other groups don't sit around saying "we're only volunteers", refusing to explore funding streams and taking plaudits for doing very little outside the basic function. 

Save the pot. 

It's like garlic bread, It is the future :D

Under Rule 26 of SMISA' constitution, I will be proposing a members resolution for the pot to be saved for when SMISA has bought GLS out and have become the majority shareholder. It will be submitted in time for the AGM in 2019.

Lets roll the dice and let the paying members decide if this is an option that is worth having on each and every future £2 pot spend voted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

I was talking about doing it better, ergo views on the vote don't matter. I'm referring to sitting on it for a year, not having a specific fundraising campaign and limiting the size of the £2 pot as a result. There is a lot of talk about Foundation of Hearts, but they and other groups don't sit around saying "we're only volunteers", refusing to explore funding streams and taking plaudits for doing very little outside the basic function. 

I know you were and I don’t deny at all that there’s aspects we can do better. SMISA like any organisation can do better and I’m sure they will as things go on. 

Was only commenting on your comment about people caring 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Save the pot. 

It's like garlic bread, It is the future :D

Under Rule 26 of SMISA' constitution, I will be proposing a members resolution for the pot to be saved for when SMISA has bought GLS out and have become the majority shareholder. It will be submitted in time for the AGM in 2019.

Lets roll the dice and let the paying members decide if this is an option that is worth having on each and every future £2 pot spend voted.

Did they get back to you? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
Did they get back to you? 

They did. There was a ps saying, if up and fancied meeting for a chat.
So we did.
My reply back was "as happens, i'll be up Tuesday."
We met, had a chat.

I appreciated the chance to sit down and have a natter about SMISA and hear things from the horses mouth (so to speak). I certainly have more understanding of the machinations and would recommend to anyone, if the opportunity arises, have a chat. As Maureen Lipman used to say "it's good to talk"

Edited by Graeme Aitken
dialogue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh aye, i'll still be submitting a members resolution in time for the SMISA agm.

 

That is

 

Saving the pot is an option on all future votes.

 

If the majority of voters choose to spend each and every vote, at least, we will all have had the option to save the pot (if voted for by 2/3 of those who vote at the agm

 

That is all I am looking for. That option

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:

They did. There was a ps saying, if up and fancied meeting for a chat.
So we did. emoji3.png
My reply back was "as happens, i'll be up Tuesday."
We met, had a chat.

I appreciated the chance to sit down and have a natter about SMISA and hear things from the horses mouth (so to speak). I certainly have more understanding of the machinations and would recommend to anyone, if the opportunity arises, have a chat. As Maureen Lipman used to say "it's good to talk"

Great to hear, it would be good if the very small number of complainers on here also took the time to do this. Would probably stop a bit of the (overlay harsh IMO) criticism we get over every single little decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great to hear, it would be good if the very small number of complainers on here also took the time to do this. Would probably stop a bit of the (overlay harsh IMO) criticism we get over every single little decision. 
Do you ever stop to think, it is ok for folk to have differing opinions?

You complain about what you perceive as folk complaining. The irony is not lost.

The SMISA guys and I agreed we all want the same and that is the best for St Mirren and we acknowledged, its just how that is achieved that our thoughts differ.

I respected their thoughts, opinions and arguments. Hopefully, reciprocated and if/when the need arises in the future, we will talk again.
As they said, they are always willing to talk and it is much more productive than going back'n'forth by email or on a forum.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Do you ever stop to think, it is ok for folk to have differing opinions?

You complain about what you perceive as folk complaining. The irony is not lost.

The SMISA guys and I agreed we all want the same and that is the best for St Mirren and we acknowledged, its just how that is achieved that our thoughts differ.

I respected their thoughts, opinions and arguments. Hopefully, reciprocated and if/when the need arises in the future, we will talk again.
As they said, they are always willing to talk and it is much more productive than going back'n'forth by email or on a forum.

You should see him on the Accounts thread. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Graeme Aitken said:

Do you ever stop to think, it is ok for folk to have differing opinions?

You complain about what you perceive as folk complaining. The irony is not lost.

The SMISA guys and I agreed we all want the same and that is the best for St Mirren and we acknowledged, its just how that is achieved that our thoughts differ.

I respected their thoughts, opinions and arguments. Hopefully, reciprocated and if/when the need arises in the future, we will talk again.
As they said, they are always willing to talk and it is much more productive than going back'n'forth by email or on a forum.

Not sure what you mean. I'm fine with people having different opinions but we have had many people on here that have been just downright wrong (illegal activity at SMISA/ democracy isn't fair) 

I also do take issue with people that are just negative for the sake of it, showing a clear vendetta against SMISA. Feegie and LPM as clear examples. 

I think we can all agree this forum isn't here from a productive perspective, it's mainly people (including myself) venting. I also think from the opposite perspective though, it's not counter-productive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Do you ever stop to think, it is ok for folk to have differing opinions?

You complain about what you perceive as folk complaining. The irony is not lost.

The SMISA guys and I agreed we all want the same and that is the best for St Mirren and we acknowledged, its just how that is achieved that our thoughts differ.

I respected their thoughts, opinions and arguments. Hopefully, reciprocated and if/when the need arises in the future, we will talk again.
As they said, they are always willing to talk and it is much more productive than going back'n'forth by email or on a forum.

Do you, or indeed does anyone, not already know the answer to line one?

glad you got to opportunity to get a perspective from all sides. As you say the smisa team are all lifelong buddies, doing something in their own time most have no inkling to do. Sad to say from my perspective the respect element wasn't mutually honoured, perhaps they have learned from that?

Bazil will now spend the months between now and the agm trying desperately to get you to drop your resolution, and inspite of saying its all fair and right will attack it incessantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you, or indeed does anyone, not already know the answer to line one?
glad you got to opportunity to get a perspective from all sides. As you say the smisa team are all lifelong buddies, doing something in their own time most have no inkling to do. Sad to say from my perspective the respect element wasn't mutually honoured, perhaps they have learned from that?
Bazil will now spend the months between now and the agm trying desperately to get you to drop your resolution, and inspite of saying its all fair and right will attack it incessantly.
I am sure he won't.

Bazil is really really confident there is no appetite for saving the pot.

I am equally as confident the tide is turning.

All I want is the option to be available for members when all other options are uninspiring or downright ridiculous (footballs & goals for a top flight professional football club etc).

There will be options that merit voting for but, looking to the future, I genuinely believe, having a rainy day fund will serve the club better especially as, income is up now, finances are healthy(ish) and we don't know what the landscape will look like then.

Having a pot of cash then could make the world of difference.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I am sure he won't.

Bazil is really really confident there is no appetite for saving the pot.

I am equally as confident the tide is turning.

All I want is the option to be available for members when all other options are uninspiring or downright ridiculous (footballs & goals for a top flight professional football club etc).

There will be options that merit voting for but, looking to the future, I genuinely believe, having a rainy day fund will serve the club better especially as, income is up now, finances are healthy(ish) and we don't know what the landscape will look like then.

Having a pot of cash then could make the world of difference.

I agree there is a real appetite to see that listed as a 'real' option. The problem now is the club and smisa probably saw this coming, hence the cash grab on the majority of the £2pot for the next three years, just to pay back the funds to the members who were promised that it was ring-fenced.

and despite the club tying that up for nearly three years, they still want whats left to pay any old bill that drops in, even going as far as snatching the funds fir a Christmas party organised for the most vulnerable in society. It brings shame on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Do you, or indeed does anyone, not already know the answer to line one?

glad you got to opportunity to get a perspective from all sides. As you say the smisa team are all lifelong buddies, doing something in their own time most have no inkling to do. Sad to say from my perspective the respect element wasn't mutually honoured, perhaps they have learned from that?

Bazil will now spend the months between now and the agm trying desperately to get you to drop your resolution, and inspite of saying its all fair and right will attack it incessantly.

Yet another cock-up from you. Is that double figures now for the week? 

As I have said all along (and you’re welcome to check) I have no issue with this being an option.

It personally wouldn’t get my vote and looking at voting patterns I don’t think it would be a winning option. I could be wrong, that is just my opinion. If it wins, great, another victory for democracy. 

You stating things with no facts, no foundation and that I have never once said on this forum highlights for an uncountable number of times, your inability to grasp very simple posts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I am sure he won't.

Bazil is really really confident there is no appetite for saving the pot.

I am equally as confident the tide is turning.

All I want is the option to be available for members when all other options are uninspiring or downright ridiculous (footballs & goals for a top flight professional football club etc).

There will be options that merit voting for but, looking to the future, I genuinely believe, having a rainy day fund will serve the club better especially as, income is up now, finances are healthy(ish) and we don't know what the landscape will look like then.

Having a pot of cash then could make the world of difference.

We’ll see what happens. Don’t let LPM putting words in my mouth detract from facts that I have zero issue (and would even support) with it being an option. 

It not being something I would personally vote for does NOT mean I am against a democratic option being presented. Democracy has basically been my tag line this whole time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree there is a real appetite to see that listed as a 'real' option. The problem now is the club and smisa probably saw this coming, hence the cash grab on the majority of the £2pot for the next three years, just to pay back the funds to the members who were promised that it was ring-fenced.

and despite the club tying that up for nearly three years, they still want whats left to pay any old bill that drops in, even going as far as snatching the funds fir a Christmas party organised for the most vulnerable in society. It brings shame on them.

You’ve brought shame on yourself with your views on this. You very clearly supported a change in process for directors vote but were dead against it when it came to supporting vulnerable members of the community. Shameful and pathetic with all the evidence on here for people to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is a horror show for anyone who cares about who runs the club when the fans take over.

We have one SMISA (board?) member seemingly incapable of putting a single penny of income into the bank for more than 20 seconds and spends an inordinate amount of time berating anyone with a different opinion to himself on this issue and another who seems borderline insane.

Is there anyone on here who harbours an ambition of actually being involved in running the club?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This thread is a horror show for anyone who cares about who runs the club when the fans take over.

We have one SMISA (board?) member seemingly incapable of putting a single penny of income into the bank for more than 20 seconds and spends an inordinate amount of time berating anyone with a different opinion to himself on this issue and another who seems borderline insane.

Is there anyone on here who harbours an ambition of actually being involved in running the club?

Who could you possibly be referencing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing as SMISA can't be bothered...

It's a year since SMISA and the St Mirren Women's team (the official one Alan) began their partnership. They've had a decent first season and will continue to grow. Many professional clubs now have their own women's team and it's fantastic that we do. I'd, even though I'm no longer a member, like to thank you all for voting their funding through. I take great pride from having been involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Seeing as SMISA can't be bothered...

It's a year since SMISA and the St Mirren Women's team (the official one Alan) began their partnership. They've had a decent first season and will continue to grow. Many professional clubs now have their own women's team and it's fantastic that we do. I'd, even though I'm no longer a member, like to thank you all for voting their funding through. I take great pride from having been involved.

Brilliant for them to support this, people sticking by SMISA and fulfilling the promise they made when they signed up to BTB (regardless if we agree with everything they do) can make so much possible for our great club and community. 

Any new/ returning members that can spare an extra £12/ £25 a month as well only makes our club stronger. I know it’s a big ask given how much many of us already put into the club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just had the e-mail in about the latest £2 spend.

1.Murals inside the stadium

2.Equipment to tend the SMiSA bought artificial pitch at Ralston.

3.No spend.

The example shown with the Mural option looks great.Its that magnificent image of Big Thommo after his League Cup Final goal.There would be 2 murals in each of the home stands and they would fairly brighten the place up a bit.

Option 1 got my vote but no doubt the money will be spent on the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...