The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

Alcohol Licensing

Personal Licences

Alcohol Byelaws

Personal Licences

Personal Licence Holder

When selling alcohol on licensed premises, the sale must be authorised generally or specifically by a Personal Licence Holder. The designated premises manager must possess a personal licence. In many premises, other members of staff also attain personal licences so that they can also authorise sales, conduct staff training, and as a matter of general best practice.

But hey maybe the government are wrong?

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Alcohol Licensing

Personal Licences

Alcohol Byelaws

Personal Licences

Personal Licence Holder

When selling alcohol on licensed premises, the sale must be authorised generally or specifically by a Personal Licence Holder. The designated premises manager must possess a personal licence. In many premises, other members of staff also attain personal licences so that they can also authorise sales, conduct staff training, and as a matter of general best practice.

But hey maybe the government are wrong?

we will have live music & games, some Saint's legends dropping by to share fond memories of St Mirren's history, the provision of a delicious Christmas dinner and a visit from father Christmas & helpers to give all a hand made gift.

Where are you getting that alcohol will be served? WIll it be free or will they be charging the old and vulnerable to get smashed on Christmas Day? 

Edited by bazil85

we will have live music & games, some Saint's legends dropping by to share fond memories of St Mirren's history, the provision of a delicious Christmas dinner and a visit from father Christmas & helpers to give all a hand made gift.
Where are you getting that alcohol will be served? WIll it be free or will they be charging the old and vulnerable to get smashed on Christmas Dat? 
Alcohol served on a licensed premises needs to be supervised. Someone has bought it, be it an individual or a group.
Its also known as a lock-in if it's not compliant with licensing laws.
You know the staff at the club know all this and will have it covered. But they need to be paid, to be insured and their wages need to be met by someone.
The question is, is the club paying them and not seeking recompense for wages or venue hire?
I know for previous smisa events they charged!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Alcohol served on a licensed premises needs to be supervised. Someone has bought it, be it an individual or a group.
Its also known as a lock-in if it's not compliant with licensing laws.
You know the staff at the club know all this and will have it covered. But they need to be paid, to be insured and their wages need to be met by someone.
The question is, is the club paying them and not seeking recompense for wages or venue hire?
I know for previous smisa events they charged!

Clutching at straws much? I think it's highly unlikely there will be alcohol at this event.

Previous SMISA charity events were charged? Which ones? 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
I stand corrected (see how easy that is to do?) 

BUD the Baker, BiEK.... quick read this. Lol

As I have done before, I'll always put my hands up when incorrect, can you say the same?

Seems to me BTB is similar to you in that he can't man up and admit when he's made a mistake... Each to their own. 

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

They got a wee bevvy last year.
Smisa don't as a rule run charity events. They run member events, and the club charge to host them

Did the club charger for the alcohol & premises last year? Are you saying you have zero examples of where we have made direct financial profit off a charity in this way? 

4 minutes ago, alanb said:

Maybe the Lord and Baz should nominate each other to attend the dinner and see first hand what happens,who attends and sees what is served.
Become festive friends and live happily ever after

I'm up for it if he is, we could organise a dunk tank and make millions for charity.  🤣

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Did the club charger for the alcohol & premises last year? Are you saying you have zero examples of where we have made direct financial profit off a charity in this way? 

If the Salvation army are supplying the food ,what is the Smisa money and the crowdfunding  money used for?

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If the Salvation army are supplying the food ,what is the Smisa money and the crowdfunding  money used for?

https://www.stmirren.com/community/st-mirren-fc-charitable-foundation

Ask these guys, not punters on a football forum.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/115-community-trust/3203-festive-friends-2019

All details of event here, cant see anything sinister to be concerned about.

Edited by alanb

25 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

There will likely be expenses that go along with this and I imagine money raised for charity as well. I seriously doubt the club or SMISA will financially profit from the event. But as always, the usual suspects find a way to be negative regarding something really positive SMISA/ SMFC are part of. Almost like a vendetta is being held... Can't think why. 

Cant believe people are putting the boot into a charity xmas dinner.Would the booters prefer the Homeless went without a xmas dinner?
It is not an event for the Homeless. It's for elderly people. And if you believe I am putting the boot in maybe there's a seat for you?
Valid questions have been asked regarding the funding sources, and what, if anything the club is contributing?
We know the Sally Army, Spfl Trust, Smisa members, donaters and volunteers have stepped up!