The 3 Monthly Spend

Kombibuddie

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It is not an event for the Homeless. It's for elderly people. And if you believe I am putting the boot in maybe there's a seat for you?
Valid questions have been asked regarding the funding sources, and what, if anything the club is contributing?
We know the Sally Army, Spfl Trust, Smisa members, donaters and volunteers have stepped up!

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/115-community-trust/3203-festive-friends-2019

No mention of Salvation Army in this announcement though they may be the band for the dancing (hope not)

SPFL and St Mirren Charitable trusts and at the very least SMFC are hosting the event .
More donations then more goodies provided and able to cater for more guests.

What's the problem here ? 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Cant believe people are putting the boot into a charity xmas dinner.Would the booters prefer the Homeless went without a xmas dinner?

LPM did the same last year. It was the strangest thing, in favour of us giving money to help the cause right up until SMISA went above and beyond to nominate a £500 donation. Then because SMISA were for it and did all they could do progress it, he was suddenly against helping the most needy in society. So strange... 

LPM did the same last year. It was the strangest thing, in favour of us giving money to help the cause right up until SMISA went above and beyond to nominate a £500 donation. Then because SMISA were for it and did all they could do progress it, he was suddenly against helping the most needy in society. So strange... 
Sane auld bollocks, different year... and still nothing to back up your fake news.

No mention of Salvation Army in this announcement though they may be the band for the dancing (hope not)
SPFL and St Mirren Charitable trusts and at the very least SMFC are hosting the event .
Salvation army are doing the grub.

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA got it wrong last year and put up the option for the dinner against others ( Goalposts won ) .

Lesson learned this year for sure with stand alone choice votes

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
34 minutes ago, alanb said:

Salvation army are doing the grub.

Did they tick the "no publicity" box this year then ? Not like them to miss out on free publicity.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sane auld bollocks, different year... and still nothing to back up your fake news.

Apart from the fact you started criticising SMISA offering up money to help the most vulnerable in our society last year. 

Apart from the fact you started criticising SMISA offering up money to help the most vulnerable in our society last year. 
Fake news again Dufus...
I criticised smfc for putting spend options up against the xmas meal one meaning it lost out, and to cover the clubs embarrassment (or lack of) smisa went outside policy (again) and donated £500.
Your the dufus making it negative, well you and smfc who effectively blocked the xmas meal getting the funds they needed.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Fake news again Dufus...
I criticised smfc for putting spend options up against the xmas meal one meaning it lost out, and to cover the clubs embarrassment (or lack of) smisa went outside policy (again) and donated £500.
Your the dufus making it negative, well you and smfc who effectively blocked the xmas meal getting the funds they needed.

Yep, you embarrassingly put governance and policy ahead of the most vulnerable people in our community. It was pathetic then and it's pathetic now. As I said last year. 

Do I agree there should be a democratic means to decide how the money is spent? Yes (you clearly don't, by saying there shouldn't have been an option against this spend, even though it turned out to be the more popular option among members)

Do I think that needs to be so stringent that SMISA can't present additional ad-hoc options for members to vote on for really good, worthwhile causes? No

As has been proven time and time again, SMISA can't win when it comes to you because of your personal vendetta (a failing miserably one as well lets not forget, due to the continued success of BTB). This is a prime example. 

Democratic vote on more than one option - SMISA bad

SMISA go outside normal practice to support a really worthy cause - SMISA bad. 

Yep, you embarrassingly put governance and policy ahead of the most vulnerable people in our community. It was pathetic then and it's pathetic now. As I said last year. 
Do I agree there should be a democratic means to decide how the money is spent? Yes (you clearly don't, by saying there shouldn't have been an option against this spend, even though it turned out to be the more popular option among members)
Do I think that needs to be so stringent that SMISA can't present additional ad-hoc options for members to vote on for really good, worthwhile causes? No
As has been proven time and time again, SMISA can't win when it comes to you because of your personal vendetta (a failing miserably one as well lets not forget, due to the continued success of BTB). This is a prime example. 
The club blocked the spend lmao the xmas meal by putting up options against it. That is on the record. They took £1500 out of the mouths of those who needed a bit of xmas cheer.

Everyone notice that LPM who claims he's got me on ignore answered a question of mine earlier when he thought he knew the Licensing law better than myself, but when presented with facts he does his ostrich impersonation and doesn't reply that he got something wrong. AGAIN [emoji23]

More to follow......
Try and keep up!
The suggestion was that volunteers could run a licensed premises selling alcohol. But hey maybe the laws changed to let any f**ker sell drink?

They can, I actually wrote the questions of the progress tests required for that, so to conform to the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 that came into force from memory September 2009. [emoji23]

They can if they have a temporary event licence. Since there are already licence holders in place why would they need to pay for another temp licence? And would it be granted for xmas day?

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The club blocked the spend lmao the xmas meal by putting up options against it. That is on the record. They took £1500 out of the mouths of those who needed a bit of xmas cheer.

The club didn’t block anything, SMISA gave options on what paying members wanted to spend their money on. The club has no way on what makes it into the final options, that has been proven with an option that conflicted with the clubs interests. 

Yep and if it was up to you, they wouldn’t even of gotten £500, shameful. 

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Try and keep up!
The suggestion was that volunteers could run a licensed premises selling alcohol. But hey maybe the laws changed to let any f**ker sell drink?

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
10 hours ago, alanb said:
Is alcohol on sale at this dinner though?
May well be served with the meal but on sale I doubt

Its a licensed premises the law applies as someone has bought the booze and intends to serve it on the premises. Now if the premises were inlicensed that would be different.

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
10 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
They can, I actually wrote the questions of the progress tests required for that, so to conform to the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 that came into force from memory September 2009. emoji23.png

They can if they have a temporary event licence. Since there are already licence holders in place why would they need to pay for another temp licence? And would it be granted for xmas day?

The straw clutching & desperation to try & be negative towards this great support event from a collective including the club & SMISA is other level. The front of some people knows no bounds. 😅😅

First the statement you wrote, is factually wrong.

Q1, you wouldn't.

Q2, I know of no reason for one not to be granted.

Now, would you answer the questions you've been asked in the last couple of months.
So pray tell how does a group of volunteers get their own temporary licence? Does the licensing court read their mind, or do they have to apply?

And go try persuading the licensing court to grant you a temporary event licence, for premises that already have licencees on Christmas day.

But you have made me laugh, so there's that.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

To a licensed premises it's not vague at all.
To an unlicensed premises which the old liberal club seemed to permanently be, it's no problem.

Cant see any booze being quaffed last year or any bar staff behind the bar (maybe camera shy though)

nothing to see here, move along now