Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 15/4/17

shull

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Is this a must win game or a feck it lets just score 5 and see how it pans out game

As things currently stand, games now are no longer pure 'must wins'. We have now overtaken two teams and reached a stage where the remaining games are 'how did Ayr and Raith get on' games.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

It is a must win game

We must win and take us to virtual safety

At the moment Ayr must win 2 games and Raith must win 1

Permutations where Ayr only need to win one, draw one, or even not the draw if we collapse, and Raith only need to draw one. Hopefully very unlikely.

Haven't been to the "New" Falkirk" Stadium. last time I was at the old one the bus windows got tanned but it is a much more civilised world now.

What pub do we drink in now for the pre-match lubrication of throats?

:withstupid

La la la (tuning up)

Edited by East Lothian Saint
singing lessons

Haven't been to the "New" Falkirk" Stadium. last time I was at the old one the bus windows got tanned but it is a much more civilised world now.
What pub do we drink in now for the pre-match lubrication of throats.
:withstupid
La la la (tuning up)

Was there in May 2010 when Odonnell made me man moist with an 85th min goal to keep us up.

Best game ive been to for nerves and joy. Someone got sent off for dropping the nut on a falkirk player off the ball but cant remember who.

Great atmosphere though.

43 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Was there in May 2010 when Odonnell made me man moist with an 85th min goal to keep us up.

Best game ive been to for nerves and joy. Someone got sent off for dropping the nut on a falkirk player off the ball but cant remember who.

Great atmosphere though.

Chris Innes got sent off and then O'donnell equalised.

My boy was 6 at the time and was asking why everyone was singing Steven Pressley Sri Lanka when it was actually you're a wanker.

Remember this game fondly my boy was 6 too and was crying because we were getting beat. My mate who couldn't make game phoned me about 70 mins mark and I told him we would definitely equalise. He asked why I thought that replied that just had a feeling we would and that would be us safe.

My other mate at game at game with me took his son to toilet about 85 minute mark and missed o'donnell equaliser he was raging.

Remember after the celebration had died down a little the guy next to me saying why is everyone so happy we could still get relegated next week tried to explain to him we were safe as Falkirk played ICT the following week and as we were above both we were safe he eventually clicked on.

Not yet sure if I'll make it. If not I'll be there in spirit but God  I hope Stelios ghosts in to score the winner

It would be apt if we beat Falkirk and other results went our way this Easter weekend as it would almost certainly mean the resurrection was complete.

Edited by stlucifer

Anyone going by train there are no trains to Falkirk Grahamston on Saturday so need to be the Edinburgh service to Falkirk High which is a fair bit from the stadium (2 miles at least). It can be broken up easily with a 15 min walk to town for a pit stop then the 25-30m to the stadium or there is a taxi rank at the station or plenty in town. Sure I read Falkirk fans moaning that the match day dedicated bus sefvice to the ground has also been withdrawn.

Every game since January has been a 'must win' and this Saturday is no exception in my opinion. We may now be off the bottom but all our rivals are playing at home against teams weaker than Falkirk. We could end up bottom again at 5pm. I am pretty confident but we need to apply the same grit, determination and workrate that we have displayed in recent months. I fear no-one in this League and no-one has given us a going over at any point. I think we are extremely unlucky to still be in the position we are in and could easily be further up the League. But we must go for them on Saturday and keep the momentum going. Attack, attack, attack :)

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Every game since January has been a 'must win' and this Saturday is no exception in my opinion. We may now be off the bottom but all our rivals are playing at home against teams weaker than Falkirk. We could end up bottom again at 5pm. I am pretty confident but we need to apply the same grit, determination and workrate that we have displayed in recent months. I fear no-one in this League and no-one has given us a going over at any point. I think we are extremely unlucky to still be in the position we are in and could easily be further up the League. But we must go for them on Saturday and keep the momentum going. Attack, attack, attack :)

Ayr vs Dundee Utd. is on Alba & doesn't start till 5.15pm. :P

5.15 kick-off - someone should write a song about that................

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Anyone going by train there are no trains to Falkirk Grahamston on Saturday so need to be the Edinburgh service to Falkirk High which is a fair bit from the stadium (2 miles at least). It can be broken up easily with a 15 min walk to town for a pit stop then the 25-30m to the stadium or there is a taxi rank at the station or plenty in town. Sure I read Falkirk fans moaning that the match day dedicated bus sefvice to the ground has also been withdrawn.

one bus per hour from Glasgow to the Forth Valley Hospital in Larbert, only a short ride from there to the ground (ish)

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Me and the wee man are getting the train to Falkirk High and walking down to Behind The Wall which is a great boozer in town for a pint and some good grub. They run a bus to the stadium apparently, can buy tickets behind the bar.

Me and the wee man are getting the train to Falkirk High and walking down to Behind The Wall which is a great boozer in town for a pint and some good grub. They run a bus to the stadium apparently, can buy tickets behind the bar.

Not sure if this is still the case with the bus. Sportsters round the corner allow kids in if they have some food off the kids menu. There's about 75 screens in there and a couple of pool tables. That's where I tend to go to watch Scotland matches and before our games. A home game for me this weekend.