Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 15/4/17

shull

On 4/16/2017 at 1:04 PM, pozbaird said:

Can someone name me a St Mirren keeper in the last fifteen years who didn't have a shortcoming in their game? I agree on one thing about O'Brien - he doesn't come off his line to deal with some situations that the defenders in front of him expect him to. Surely Langfield is employed at the club now specifically to work on this sort of stuff with the goalies!

Langfield's shortcoming was/is clearly moments of dreadul decision making. Chris Smith's kick-outs were shit.... etc, etc.

We cannot afford to sign a Buffon or Casillas..  I reckon O'Brien is decent. 

O'Brien is a good shot stopper, which is likely to save us a decent amount of points over a season. He's also very quick off his line, saving us on Saturday late on His one big weakness is high balls into the box, and he seems to have become more nervous of these in the time he's been at the club, under the tutelage of Mr Langfield. With Langfield's contract being up at the end of the season, I would expect Jack to bring is his own man for that job, rather than a rookie like Langfield, who hasn't had a positive effect on any of the keepers at the club.

I like Billy, he's a confident, vocal lad most of the time. I'd bring in a more experienced keeper to give him competition and to learn from. That experienced keeper is not Jamie Langfield.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:34 PM, Sonny said:

The defender behind Billy (can't recollect whether is was Baird or McKenzie) hesitated a wee bit allowing the ball to be cut back. It should just have been hoofed out of play. Maybe Billy should have attacked the ball more but he wasn't the only one that contributed to the loss of the first gaol.

I thought Billy should have taken control of that situation. The defender also to blame, but think the keeper should be taking responsibility for situations in and around his won six yard box. Still doesn't make him a bad keeper, just a young keeper, learning on the job.

As usual when Mr Thomson is in charge of our games he over-compensates to show he is not biased, which means we get a hell of a lot of decisions given against us... or so I thought... I now think he is biased... 

I realised on Saturday that although Craig did indeed gave Falkirk a lot of free kicks against us, very few were in a dangerous or telling position. 

I now think he's a tremendous Referee

I suspect if we looked back at his other games with us, they would tell a similar story.. Well concealed Craig :)

As suspected at the time, both free kicks leading to their goals were for nothing. We need to learn to defend set pieces better, though (looks as though Gary Mac possibly fouled at their second, but so it goes).

Crowd were fantastic, and McGinn's goal was a stunner!