Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

He'll resign then if needs be.

Personally if I was Dundee I would chase Jim McIntyre as he is proven and a huge talent as a coach also.

The turnaround job he did at Ross County in the Premiership was on a par with Ross last season.

Yes but remember Dimdee have nae dough and McIntyre would ask for serious mullah. .

A Dundee supporter who sees things differently from the majority on his forum...............

There's absolutely no danger Dundee have 'stuck two fingers up to St Mirren' and travelled out to Spain to speak with Ross without permission from St Mirren. 

Nelms and - to a lesser extent, Keyes - have worked hard trying to rebuild the clubs name. Doing this would damage it and would drag the clubs name through the dirt and quite possibly the club through the courts. Over (apparently) £20k. 

Hope he's right and this matter can be put to bed as soon as possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4560886/St-Mirren-ready-offer-bumper-new-contract-Jack-Ross.html

"Ross’ agent Stephen McBride told Sportsmail: ‘Jack is the manager of St Mirren and he’s happy in that job."

That sounds promising...

"‘He is on holiday and has heard nothing from Dundee or St Mirren concerning this.

‘Jack is a man who does things by the book and he is currently under contract at St Mirren.’"

That last line does not sound promising...

Another view from the Dundee forum...................

Ahh.. gotcha. Yeah, absolutely no chance John Nelms has gone over there without the required consent and a willingness from JR to listen to what he has to say.

I reckon all the noise from the St Mirren chairman is lip service and an ill fated attempt to save face with his clubs supporters. 

To me, the nature of this 'clause' seems to have been misinterpreted in the press and by their fans. I don't think it was ever a release clause but merely a trigger to allow JR to explore other offers whilst still under contract with St Mirren. A wise move from him and his agent it seems (if correct)

If JR decides he fancies managing us, St Mirren will be left with a bit of a situation ontheir hands to be fair. Pissed off fans left, right and centre demanding answers from their BoD. They'll be wanting to know the in's and out's of the 'clause gate' and they'll feel betrayed. They're fans owned now so they'll feel like they should know every intimate detail as well no doubt.

Added to that the feel good factor they've got with staying up against all the odds being well and truly poo pooed and the new players they continue to sign (thanks to Jack Ross) having the hump because the manager that signed them buggered off without them even starting a pre season for him.

They'll be in a bit of a pickle if he resigns and comes to us but at least they'd have £18k to get Jimmy Calderwood started.

We need our new manager in post asap.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4560886/St-Mirren-ready-offer-bumper-new-contract-Jack-Ross.html

"Ross’ agent Stephen McBride told Sportsmail: ‘Jack is the manager of St Mirren and he’s happy in that job."

That sounds promising...

"‘He is on holiday and has heard nothing from Dundee or St Mirren concerning this.

‘Jack is a man who does things by the book and he is currently under contract at St Mirren.’"

Aye, again, people can, and will, read into that what they like.

As I said, sooner rather than later we need some clarity, and, preferably, Ross stays.

Can you imagine the boost that would give?

Aye, again, people can, and will, read into that what they like.
As I said, sooner rather than later we need some clarity, and, preferably, Ross stays.
Can you imagine the boost that would give?

Oofty that would be magic. I did wonder what Jack had up his sleeve to keep us all interested over the summer after his flurry of transfer activity.

People keep mentioning Jack with Fergie however if this panto is orchestrated by JR to put Dundee Uniteds mind at ease (over us being shite again) then Sir Alex of Govan would be giving the mind games here a standing ovation......

Yup I've lost it. Signing off as I can't handle this. OK I'll be back on at lunch time for the latest twist.

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Another view from the Dundee forum...................

Ahh.. gotcha. Yeah, absolutely no chance John Nelms has gone over there without the required consent and a willingness from JR to listen to what he has to say.

I reckon all the noise from the St Mirren chairman is lip service and an ill fated attempt to save face with his clubs supporters. 

To me, the nature of this 'clause' seems to have been misinterpreted in the press and by their fans. I don't think it was ever a release clause but merely a trigger to allow JR to explore other offers whilst still under contract with St Mirren. A wise move from him and his agent it seems (if correct)

If JR decides he fancies managing us, St Mirren will be left with a bit of a situation ontheir hands to be fair. Pissed off fans left, right and centre demanding answers from their BoD. They'll be wanting to know the in's and out's of the 'clause gate' and they'll feel betrayed. They're fans owned now so they'll feel like they should know every intimate detail as well no doubt.

Added to that the feel good factor they've got with staying up against all the odds being well and truly poo pooed and the new players they continue to sign (thanks to Jack Ross) having the hump because the manager that signed them buggered off without them even starting a pre season for him.

They'll be in a bit of a pickle if he resigns and comes to us but at least they'd have £18k to get Jimmy Calderwood started.

We need our new manager in post asap.

This mythical £20k figure is dropping by the hour. I fully expect by lunchtime that we're paying Dundee to take him. The latest assertion that a Dundee fan tried to tell me was the case on p&b last night is that this now £18k isn't actually a buy out clause as a fee would still need to be negotiated in the event of Jack wanting to leave but a trigger clause to allow them to speak to Jack without tapping up. Utter nonsense, if you ask me. 

The notion that any club would insert an £18k figure into a contract that acts like a trigger which is designed so we can reject an approach outright but agree to the vastly reduced fee giving a club the right to speak to a manager is horseshit. 

Of course I expect the usual suspects to be here to tell me that's definitely the case of what has happened and we as a club should be ashamed of ourselves for allowing this. 

Edited by djchapsticks

9 hours ago, pod said:

So a contract is not worth the paper it's written on. :blink:

Hypothetically speaking the club could hold Jack to the terms of his contract over resignation. For instance if there was a notice period of 3 months he could be held to that which would mean the new season would have started before he could actually take up the job.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

That sounds promising...

Interesting stuff , that would make  you wonder why Nelms would even go to Spain , if he has done so . However , if Nelms hasn't gone out then GLS wouldn't have to say that he would do everything to keep Jack . .

My own personal feeling is that Jack is still not leaving Saints in the interim . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

In Jack I trust.

If he's clever he's using Dundee to get a few more quid out of Saints.

As long as it's affordable, and it means he's on a better contract for when the next club comes in, then I've no problem with it.

It's a job for him at the end of the day.

I trust he will make the right decision and he will still be here come the start of the season.

Exactly. I have a feeling he'll stay, as Div says, with a few extra £££ in his pocket and a revised contract . We will all rejoice, Jack becomes even more of a hero to the fans and we get promoted next season via the playoffs.

{Christ, I really hope that's how it pans out}.

Time we heard from the man himself. He MUST be aware of the consternation his continuing silence is causing. The longer it takes him to clarify matters the more he will have to work to restore his reputation with Buddies fans if he does decide to stay. His words and demeanour throughout the season ('trust, togetherness, commitment, team spirit') will be called into question by many.

If he stays he will have to explain to fans why there was no immediate refusal to Dundee, why he allowed himself to be wooed by a club which has dealt so poorly with its previous manager. It won't be enough just to say 'I'm staying, I never had any intention of leaving'. That won't wash with many fans, I'm afraid. They will want a better explanation than that for his behaviour.

1 minute ago, pondsman said:

If he stays he will have to explain to fans why there was no immediate refusal to Dundee, why he allowed himself to be wooed by a club which has dealt so poorly with its previous manager. It won't be enough just to say 'I'm staying, I never had any intention of leaving'. That won't wash with many fans, I'm afraid. They will want a better explanation than that for his behaviour.

Just what I was thinking.

The whole thing should have been nipped in the bud on the first day.

I still feel uncomfortable regarding Jack's role in the bonus row of 2010.

Just what I was thinking.

The whole thing should have been nipped in the bud on the first day.

I still feel uncomfortable regarding Jack's role in the bonus row of 2010.

ERM....... bonus row of 2010???, I think I was off -planet then............possibly