Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

4 hours ago, pondsman said:

If he stays he will have to explain to fans why there was no immediate refusal to Dundee, why he allowed himself to be wooed by a club which has dealt so poorly with its previous manager. It won't be enough just to say 'I'm staying, I never had any intention of leaving'. That won't wash with many fans, I'm afraid. They will want a better explanation than that for his behaviour.

Hope he doesn't read this type of nonsense.

All "wahtaboutery" IMO.

How quickly "supporters" turn against a manager who was hailed as a hero only a few weeks ago. <_<

Edited by faraway saint

9 hours ago, div said:

In Jack I trust.

If he's clever he's using Dundee to get a few more quid out of Saints.

As long as it's affordable, and it means he's on a better contract for when the next club comes in, then I've no problem with it.

It's a job for him at the end of the day.

I trust he will make the right decision and he will still be here come the start of the season.

If and its a feckin massive "IF" Ross is using this to play the board for more cash, after two thirds of a season in which he had us the worst team in the league, only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference in the last game of the season...?

I would fly out to Spain and sack the c**t for his utter betrayal of a board and chairman who stood by him when he was getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked. Only my opinion though.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

If and its a feckin massive "IF" Ross is using this to play the board for more cash, after two thirds of a season in which he had us the worst team in the league, only avoiding potential relegation on goal difference in the last game of the season...?

I would fly out to Spain and sack the c**t for his utter betrayal of a board and chairman who stood by him when he was getting pelters and calls for him to be sacked. Only my opinion though.

Thankfully you're not the chairman then .

17 minutes ago, pondsman said:

If he stays he will have to explain to fans why there was no immediate refusal to Dundee, why he allowed himself to be wooed by a club which has dealt so poorly with its previous manager. It won't be enough just to say 'I'm staying, I never had any intention of leaving'. That won't wash with many fans, I'm afraid. They will want a better explanation than that for his behaviour.

The guy is on holiday with his young family, FFS.

He works in a job that will often take him away from his family at weekends and evenings. He will be cherishing this time away from the rigours of a post that he has thrown himself into with no small level of commitment.

Give the guy a break. Yes, it would be good to hear from him, but that's no reason to beat him with a stick over it.

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thankfully you're not the chairman then .

Tell me do you think it's acceptable, after the depths he took us to, and how the chairman and board stood by him, insited he would be here next season even if we were relegated, went out on a limb by agreeing to, working with and making funds avalable for him to ship ten in and ten out in January....

do you think its now acceptable he is playing those same people to stuff his wallet? I ell you it says a lot about a man who bites the hand that feeds, and damn well saved him.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Drew said:

The guy is on holiday with his young family, FFS.

He works in a job that will often take him away from his family at weekends and evenings. He will be cherishing tbis time away from the rigours of a post that he has thrown himself into with no small level of commitment.

Give the guy a break. Yes, it would be good to hear from him, but that's no reason to beat him with a stick over it.

He could take 20 seconds and send an email or text message.

Must be a hard life for him.

Is he stuck down a Mine for 12 hours a day .?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Tell me do you think it's acceptable, after the depths he took us to, and how the chairman and board stood by him, insited he would be here next season even if we were relegated, went out on a limb by agreeing to, working with and making funds avalable for him to ship ten in and ten out in January....

do you think its now acceptable he is playing those same people to stuff his wallet? Intell you it says a lot about a man whonbites the hand that feeds, and damn well saved him.

How do you know this actually what is happening ? 

This is a fair point and you are entitled to make it I feel.....seems I have an itchy trigger finger though

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Record Season Ticket sales so far.

How many folk rushed out on first day to purchase on the strength of Jack Ross.

Time the fans were shown respect.

I bought my season ticket cause I support St Mirren , nothing to do with the management team .

Just now, munoz said:

How do you know this actually what is happening ? 

Perhaps you didn't actually read the first words in my post "if and it's a massive "IF"...?

as you well know, I quouted the person in the know!

9 hours ago,  div said: 

"In Jack I trust.

If he's clever he's using Dundee to get a few more quid out of Saints.

As long as it's affordable, and it means he's on a better contract for when the next club comes in, then I've no problem with it.

It's a job for him at the end of the day.

I trust he will make the right decision and he will still be here come the start of the season."

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

do you think its now acceptable he is playing those same people to stuff his wallet? I ell you it says a lot about a man who bites the hand that feeds, and damn well saved him.

We only have Div's opinion on this, and he has been wrong before.

Bloody hell, if Freud could read this thread he would probably need to lie down in a darkened room with a cold compress on his napper. Machiavelli would love it. I think Jack will stay. If he gets a pay rise out of St.Mirren, who cares? If he leaves, and I repeat I don't think he will, one reason might be a thread written somewhere which was headed 'Jack Ross must go'.

3 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

Bloody hell, if Freud could read this thread he would probably need to lie down in a darkened room with a cold compress on his napper. Machiavelli would love it. I think Jack will stay. If he gets a pay rise out of St.Mirren, who cares? If he leaves, and I repeat I don't think he will, one reason might be a thread written somewhere which was headed 'Jack Ross must go'.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Exactly. I have a feeling he'll stay, as Div says, with a few extra £££ in his pocket and a revised contract . We will all rejoice, Jack becomes even more of a hero to the fans and we get promoted next season via the playoffs.

{Christ, I really hope that's how it pans out}.

Why the play offs? Why can't we win it outright? Let's aim high and if Jack is still out boss and brings in a few more quality players then who should we be afraid of?

10 minutes ago, munoz said:

I bought my season ticket cause I support St Mirren , nothing to do with the management team .

I think you'll find that the excitement Ross has caused has made people rush out and secure their Tickets, including quite a few who havent purchased before or for a while.

The whole support has been hyper since the great escape.

7 minutes ago, RickMcD said:

If he stays and gets a pay rise out of this......

HE BETTER WIN THE FECKING LEAGUE

35 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Jack saying he is staying is enough imho. Why would he need to go into a long winded explanation of why he is staying? How much of what we read is true?

2 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Jack saying he is staying is enough imho. Why would he need to go into a long winded explanation of why he is staying? How much of what we read is true?

That's why he should have nipped it in the bud on the very first hour of the very first day.

Simple

I think you'll find that the excitement Ross has caused has made people rush out and secure their Tickets, including quite a few who havent purchased before or for a while.
The whole support has been hyper since the great escape.

This is precisely why Jack Ross will stay. He knows he is appreciated for the job he had done latterly in the season.

He likes the squad he is building and whilst he's on holiday he's just got a nice salary amendment. It's all win win for him just now at St mirren. Imo he knows he is due us a turn.

Respectful and proper chap that he is, he'll give us 120% next season.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

That's why he should have nipped it in the bud on the very first hour of the very first day.

Simple

The guy is on holiday. If his wife is like mine he will have been told that if he even glances at his BlackBerry it's getting stuck up his arse. The guy is staying and has done absolutely nothing wrong. Gordon has also been spot on. This is our league winning season.

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You are an absolute clown. A laughing stock. Only my opinion, though.