Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hope Ross is enjoying his holiday, especially after taking a whole 10 minutes to produce a statement to kill this situation stone dead. :lol:

Would that 10 minutes include the consideration and discussion with his wife that any sane person would have factored in when making a fundamental life decision, aye?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Why?

What do we KNOW actually happened?

Devil's Advocate but isn't that the normal reason for an enquiry?

Anyway glad to have Jolly Jack Ross still at the helm as we swashbuckler our way to the 2018 Championship title and beyond............:king

Edited by Bud the Baker

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Isn't that the normal reason for an enquiry?

I would assume to have an enquiry there would have to be some evidence that something was done against the rules?

Maybe you can let me know as I haven't heard of anything, unless you take into account what the newspapers printed?

If that was the case, well, the enquiry department would be very busy.

PS I do get your point right enough but it seems to me much ado about nothing.

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I would assume to have an enquiry there would have to be some evidence that something was done against the rules?

Maybe you can let me know as I haven't heard of anything, unless you take into account what the newspapers printed?

If that was the case, well, the enquiry department would be very busy.

Let the enquiry department be busy then.

I suppose it's at GLS's discretion and I be surprised if he wants to go down that road having got the outcome he wants.

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Let the enquiry department be busy then.

I suppose it's at GLS's discretion and I be surprised if he wants to go down that road having got the outcome he wants.

I'd rather we told Dundee we'll keep out mouths shut if they send Rory Loy our way. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd rather we told Dundee we'll keep out mouths shut if they send Rory Loy our way. 

In all seriousness, McCann getting the job was the only outcome that could realistically have led to Loy coming back to us, IMO.

If Ross told Dundee to piss off (which he sort of did) and they then had to go for a third choice, they'd have clung on out of spite. If Ross had gone there, he likes Loy and may well have kept him to play him.

This is the best outcome all round. And it's good because I think we need one striker of true goalscoring quality to complement Smith, Stewart and, probably, Reilly.

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

In all seriousness, McCann getting the job was the only outcome that could realistically have led to Loy coming back to us, IMO.

If Ross told Dundee to piss off (which he sort of did) and they then had to go for a third choice, they'd have clung on out of spite. If Ross had gone there, he likes Loy and may well have kept him to play him.

This is the best outcome all round. And it's good because I think we need one striker of true goalscoring quality to complement Smith, Stewart and, probably, Reilly.

A wee rumour we are looking at a couple of top league strikers which came from a reliable source on this forum. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint