Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is not the two words we were discussing.

"Oxford English Dictionary:

‘Enquire’ or ‘inquire’?

The traditional distinction between the verbs enquire and inquire is that enquire is to be used for general senses of ‘ask’, while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’.

In practice, however, enquire, and the associated noun enquiry, are more common in British English while inquire (and the noun inquiry) are more common in American English, but otherwise there is little discernible distinction in the way the words are used. Some style guides require that only inquire or only enquire be used.

Could I enquire about your mother's health?

She inquired about the library's rare books collection.

Every enquiry is very welcome.

Adam helped the police with their inquiries.

Both words derive from the Old French enquerre, from a variant of the Latin inquirere, based on quaerere 'seek'. The same root word can be seen in various modern English words, including acquire, require, conquer, quest, request, inquest, and question."

Do you not understand that enquiry/inquiry are nouns derived from the verbs enquire/inquire?

I agree that Loy would be a useful addition to the new strikers but fear that McCann will want him at Dens next season......if he has any sense!

P.S. Could the English language teachers please take their spat elsewhere and let the rest of us get on with the subject of the thread. Thanks.

On 2017-6-3 at 9:28 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:

BTW, i Really hope if he comes to us he rams in the goals and proves doubters (like me) wrong!  

Could all be down to coaching at the end of the day. Hearts fans rated him, though stats show up badly at Dunfermline possibly through their coaching techniques. Jack and James have managed to get the best out of our players and under their guidance he could find that form again that he showed at QOTS that earnd him his move to Hearts,

47 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I agree that Loy would be a useful addition to the new strikers but fear that McCann will want him at Dens next season......if he has any sense!

P.S. Could the English language teachers please take their spat elsewhere and let the rest of us get on with the subject of the thread. Thanks.

You are missing a question mark somewhere.

33 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Oaksoft getting a roasting from faraway this time! :lol:

It's a lovely Sunday afternoon.

Don't you have a life to be getting on with instead of spending this beautiful day indoors trolling for responses on football forums? :lol:

I think we have already ascertained that I am a fat, lonely, something or other which is presumably why I am on here.

What is your excuse?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Has Jack been offered a new deal ?Anyone know what the hold up is. On a brighter note at least the day to day running of the club seems normal. 

Been offered 

Unfortunately , can't sign today as he is presently in Aberdeen, supposedly negotiating another deal. 

It's all go. 

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Tweeted me as he passed Arbroath...............something about the Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen? :blink:

Aye, that was after he tweeted feck the road and miles tae Dundee.