Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

Another factor to consider is JR hasn't really put down roots anywhere. His CV is a couple of years at Dumbarton, 15 months at Hearts, ten months at Alloa and seven months so far with us. If he moves again, he could be seen as a bit of a butterfly, not willing to stick at things. Plus, he has a young family and Dundee isn't the easiest of commutes, so hopefully all factors in our favour.

Totally agree we should be offering him and the rest of the management team a pay rise though, they deserve it after last season.

Jack Ross isn't going anywhere, in fact a colleague in Bulgaria phoned me last night to say he has received a telex on Sunday telling him that Jack Ross is in the process of signing a Nigerian centre forward called Samson Jegede.

I am told that he will be signing later this week.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Another factor to consider is JR hasn't really put down roots anywhere. His CV is a couple of years at Dumbarton, 15 months at Hearts, ten months at Alloa and seven months so far with us. If he moves again, he could be seen as a bit of a butterfly, not willing to stick at things. Plus, he has a young family and Dundee isn't the easiest of commutes, so hopefully all factors in our favour.

Totally agree we should be offering him and the rest of the management team a pay rise though, they deserve it after last season.

Dens Park is a dawdle to commute to if he moves to Dundee. 

Once Jack's back from his well earned holiday/bunk-up with Div, would like him to declare one way or the other as soon as possible.

Uncertainty over the manager's position is going to play merry hell with our recruitment over the close season so much as I desperately want Jack to stay, if he is going to go I'd rather he did it quickly so we can get on with replacing. Players like Stelios and Harry Davis who are busy considering another season in sunny Paisley will be reading this kind of stuff and thinking twice.

Hopefully Jack knows Neil McCann from their media stuff and can get the inside track on just what a basket case Dundee are. 

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:

If I were Gordon Scott I'd make 2 calls today.

1. To Jack Ross to see where his mind is at. Is he going to see this through?

2. To Paul Hartley just to say Hi.

Yeah. I'd be all over Hartley, TBH. If Jack goes, it's time for us to make friends.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Wasn't he sacked for taking Dundee on a terrible run that left them teetering at the relegation trap door?

When he left they were on the crest of a slump, yes.

McCann seen them to the edge of the trap door, although safe.

Seems some people would see him as a good replacement, takes all kinds.

His 1st season he took them to top 6, 2nd season 8th...................oh for them days.

Anyway, it's way too early to be talking about replacements, nothing has changed at the minute.

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

He's 2013's Jack Ross. Aside from his loathing of our club (which is almost certainly just theatrics anyway), I can see no reason not to consider him.

I didn't give any feelings he has towards the club a second thought, to be honest.  I'm just not sure why he seems quite so popular as a replacement, should it come to that.

Just now, faraway saint said:

When he left they were on the crest of a slump, yes.

McCann seen them to the edge of the trap door, although safe.

Seems some people would see him as a good replacement, takes all kinds.

That's fair enough.  I don't feel particularly strongly one way or another.  Something must have went wrong for Dundee to fall so far, though, and buck inevitably stops with the manager in these situations.  I'd be interested to know a bit more about what went on in the latter stages of his tenure with Dundee, but only if the unthinkable happens for us....

Not really understanding the Hartley line.

His record at Dundee this season apart was very good. Just what we need.

Though for obvious reasons I'd prefer to keep Jack and hope we do.

Personally I think Jack needs to add a few things to his managerial cv.

Loyalty
A scottish championship winners medal
Dedication to his project.

We are in the best position to help him achieve all three.

As Hendo mentions he hasn't a whole load of ties to a club. He could keep jumping every 6 months which will be great on the way up but will it be any use on the way down?

Ian Murray is a prime example of what can happen to a young manager if you move to the wrong place.....you could end up in Norway!!

Dundee fan in peace.

Just to give you guys an update of local press our end.Its basically saying Jack Ross is very interested in taking over and wants to speak with our BOD and the 20k compensation was part of the deal of him taking over from Alloa.

Just need to see how it pans out.

Good luck for the coming season