Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And Jack Ross has a two year deal with Saints, what's the difference?

I wasn't suggesting there is. It was more an acknowledgement that BtB had just referred to Aitken.

8 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I remember there being a lot of chat about Hibs wanting DL at about the same time they spoke to Jim Goodwin but it must have been Ian Munro!!

Aye - I also remeber the Gus to ICT knicker-wetting fest.

OK, enough f**king about Jack!

Tell that shite club to ram it, get Stelios back on the books, and lets win this league.

This is an irritation, and we want it to go away.

Edited by Drew

Thought Jack would want to achieve something with Buddies before moving on but just checked and  I have seen that he moved around a lot as a player as well. Seems to have a sense of what he wants and not afraid to move on if he feels it's necessary.

Previously I was sure he'd stay, now not so sure. Hope it's the right move for him if he does go.

41 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Difference is Goody nearly got his team promoted, whereas Ross got one relegated, and very nearly another!

anyway, so who do you want to see as Ross's successor?

The last person I want to see is Paul Hartley but to be honest there isn't much out there. I guess one or two will be punting Gus for another shot at the helm, but that would just divide the support and completely destroy any of the feel good factor that's currently going on at the club.

None of this matters of course as Jack will commit himself to St Mirren for the next two years.

One of the main reasons McGinn came to us was JR.
Mark my words.
It will take a lot to keep these re-signers happy should he jump ship.

Something that Jack has mentioned time and time again is trust.

He has signed players he's played with and players he has coached previously due to having trust. Where does the trust go if he leaves them all in Paisley.

But Jack knows this and knows staying is the right thing for his career.

I do not think for one moment he will go, but if he does it's pretty poor show, as a lot of the lads have signed up due to him, this could really screw up the whole recent positivity around the place, if I was GS I would tell Dundee to feck off and sign Jack up on improved terms!!

I trust Jack Ross, he seems and acts with a degree of humility, purpose and there is obvious undoubted ambition.

The Dundee job though, seriously, bah, short termist club with a very unreliable history.

Trouble is every loyal and genuine manager had their price. This is football, as bent and disingenuous as any world sport anywhere.

Just get on with it one way or another.

Something that Jack has mentioned time and time again is trust.

He has signed players he's played with and players he has coached previously due to having trust. Where does the trust go if he leaves them all in Paisley.

But Jack knows this and knows staying is the right thing for his career.

Yes.

In all seriousness Jack could get St mirren promoted next season. He has a right good chance. One thing for sure, he knows what he's up against and must fancy a crack at it. He knows the team and HIS players and the League.

Conversely he goes to Dundee, doesn't know the place, or players, and presently you have to admit they are a right pish lot.

So He goes, then suffers and endures series of poor results, say six or seven losses on the spin fairly early on. He'd be pumped , no two ways about it. Have you seen " Taysiders in Space "

That's enough to put anyone off.

That must be my best appeal to Jack yet.......[emoji1]

My own wish would be for Jack Ross to stay and complete the job he has started but I guess Alloa felt the same 

Looked at another way I would expect very decent levels of compensation should he go but ...the levels might be written into his contract. I might be thinking £500k plus.

As to the next manager, should Jack go then, unless there are very good reasons not to do so, then I would look to appoint our assistant manager and then appoint an assistant who can be groomed to take over when he eventually leaves. After of course. .I hope...having been successful.

Just waiting for Div to start a 'Deal done' thread, then we can relax in the knowledge that we won't be on the lookout for a new manager.

FWIW ; my 'prediction' is that you will get a statement from Ross saying- "Whilst it's always flattering to be linked with other clubs, I've started a job here at St Mirren and I intend on seeing it through"

But , don't expect that statement tonight.

8 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Just waiting for Div to start a 'Deal done' thread, then we can relax in the knowledge that we won't be on the lookout for a new manager.

FWIW ; my 'prediction' is that you will get a statement from Ross saying- "Whilst it's always flattering to be linked with other clubs, I've started a job here at St Mirren and I intend on seeing it through"

But , don't expect that statement tonight.

Fair enough, but tomorrow yes.... We don't want this dragging on and need the feelgood atmosphere to continue so we can get back to the top league asap.

IF Ross goes, and at this stage there is a lot of the usual wailing and anger about something that is far from a certainty, it will be very disappointing.

There was enough shown over the last part of the season to give us some reasonable hope, although again some get carried away.

Sure managers come and go but trying to get someone to take over will be the easy part, getting someone to keep us playing well and, hopefully, be a contender this season, is something else.

Still a lot of water to pass under the bridge before anything is decided.

Douglas Mcneil just tweeted 10 mins ago first tweet states Gordon Scott says Jack Ross is under contract and no permission will be given to Dundee,

2nd tweet says as far as Gordon Scott is concerned that's the end of the matter

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Douglas Mcneil just tweeted 10 mins ago first tweet states Gordon Scott says Jack Ross is under contract and no permission will be given to Dundee,

2nd tweet says as far as Gordon Scott is concerned that's the end of the matter

If Ross wants to speak to them he will I'm afraid.

It makes things a bit messier but doesn't stop either Dundee or Ross moving forward if Ross is interested.