Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

8 hours ago, magnus said:

Perfect. 

I would not want a manager who wants to move on and by the sounds of it if the press is true Jack wants to go to Dundee making John Potter his number two. 

Seriously do we want a manager who wants to move on. If this is true I will be bitterly disappointed in Jack. None of us are daft we all know Jack will go onto better and bigger things did not think for a moment it would be Dundee. However he did support them as a boy plus it was his first club as a young player so maybe Dundee is in his blood. 

10 hours ago, billyg said:

We asked for permission to speak to him and Alloa reluctantly agreed and took the compo. We have refused DFC permission , they can't speak to him unless he resigns. FWIW , I don't think he'll resign !

I would agree Billy, its unlikely he would resign. The ball is in Dundee's court to up their offer. (Given we have heard hee-haw from Ross are we to assume he fancies it if the deal is right for him?)

money always decides these things, and it is good management/leadership practice from the club that the managers is being lured from to give the would be suitors a full and final amount they need to meet at the first time of asking to stop a damaging, drawn out tug of war. 

Edit: given the club statement its pretty obvious Ross is interested and wants to go. It also comes across as quite a belligerent statement by Scott, looks like he is positioning himself to make Ross look like the bad guy, as he states 'that is the end of it as far as the club are concerned'

personally i think Scott needs to get over himself, he sang a different tune we he poached Ross from Alloa, who were professional and firm throughout the deal, without needing to spit the dummy oot. His stance will also have a detrimental effect in recruiting the next manager as the see how acrimonious it can become if they peek some other clubs interest.

as i said the best policy is a public statement to the effect "we have no desire to see it, nor do we want Jack Ross to go. However as is the way in football we have told Dundee exactly what it would take to facilitate their request. Unless our terms are met there will be no need for further comment"

Edited by Lord Pityme

Hmm....

The statement leaves too much room for unfettered whatiffery for my liking. As Stu says, would have been good to have had some indication as to the thoughts of the man himself. The absence of that poses more questions than provides answers.

However, we have to trust that the BoD have this in hand, and we can continue our building job for the campaign ahead.

Gie's a signing!

Edited by Drew

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would not want a manager who wants to move on and by the sounds of it if the press is true Jack wants to go to Dundee making John Potter his number two. 

Seriously do we want a manager who wants to move on. If this is true I will be bitterly disappointed in Jack. None of us are daft we all know Jack will go onto better and bigger things did not think for a moment it would be Dundee. However he did support them as a boy plus it was his first club as a young player so maybe Dundee is in his blood. 

Aye? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Any chance panties could be wrung out now? Probably not.

The Club issue a statement and its still not good enough. We may be signing another player today - anyone interested in that?

I agree with your sentiment but as Ross is very important this will go on until the matter is closed. I did indicate this "merry go round" of type of posts would happen a while ago. :P

Hmm....
The statement leaves too much room for unfettered whatiffery for my liking. As Stu says, would have been good to have had some indication as to the thoughts of the man himself. The absence of that poses more questions than provides answers.
However, we have to trust that the BoD have this in hand, and we can continue our building job for the campaign ahead.
Gie's a signing!

Leave the man to enjoy his holiday ;-)

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Had hoped there'd be a line about how the manager is happy at St Mirren and remains committed to the club or something similar. The lack of that is worrying.

I strongly suspect Jack will make a statement himself to that effect when he returns from holiday.

Burning question I have how come John Potter is being reported as Jack Ross number 2 at Dundee a player Jack Ross knows very well. For sure talks have taken place through agents no doubt. 

He wanted Potter as his assistant with us. Not sure if Dunfermline wouldn't let him go or we wouldn't meet the compensation they wanted

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Burning question I have how come John Potter is being reported as Jack Ross number 2 at Dundee a player Jack Ross knows very well. For sure talks have taken place through agents no doubt. 

Potter has form with number 2s....

Just now, magnus said:

I strongly suspect Jack will make a statement himself to that effect when he returns from holiday.

Or more likely he is happy for the clubs to slug it out via agents whilst he is on holiday, and he comes home to a bigger salary, bigger budget and (although it pains me to say it) bigger club in a bigger league. And can say "how special his time was almost relegating St Mirren" and thanks the fans wishing them well.

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There has been a mix up. 

Potter will become the Assistant to Gus MacPherson at Greenhill Road, come this Monday. 

WALKING ALONG THE GREENHILL ROAD TO SEE WEE BALDY'S ACES 

Ok, bugger it. I'm all done fretting about this. If he stays, great, if not, f**k it, we move on.

Thank him for helping us stay up, but hope that he relegates his new club and we can call him a daft fud as we pass them on the way up.

Sorted:)

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Pesky Dundee supporters, funny how they see things..................

Even if they still refuse contact, if Ross is interested, he'll likely tell his club board that he'll resign if they refuse, they'll lose him & get no compensation.

So contracts are more in favour of managers than clubs. :blink:

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would agree Billy, its unlikely he would resign. The ball is in Dundee's court to up their offer. (Given we have heard hee-haw from Ross are we to assume he fancies it if the deal is right for him?)

money always decides these things, and it is good management/leadership practice from the club that the managers is being lured from to give the would be suitors a full and final amount they need to meet at the first time of asking to stop a damaging, drawn out tug of war. 

Edit: given the club statement its pretty obvious Ross is interested and wants to go. It also comes across as quite a belligerent statement by Scott, looks like he is positioning himself to make Ross look like the bad guy, as he states 'that is the end of it as far as the club are concerned'

personally i think Scott needs to get over himself, he sang a different tune we he poached Ross from Alloa, who were professional and firm throughout the deal, without needing to spit the dummy oot. His stance will also have a detrimental effect in recruiting the next manager as the see how acrimonious it can become if they peek some other clubs interest.

as i said the best policy is a public statement to the effect "we have no desire to see it, nor do we want Jack Ross to go. However as is the way in football we have told Dundee exactly what it would take to facilitate their request. Unless our terms are met there will be no need for further comment"

Is that what it says ?