Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

Heartened to see JR (apparently) wants JP as his No. 2.  :toilet

Really don't think the club has the time to wait until JR returns from holiday with potential targets stalling and perhaps signing elsewhere, as ever on these occasions if it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly.

No sunbed for JR till it's sorted one way or t'other! B)

JF or Hartley in that order,

Really don't think the club has the time to wait until JR returns from holiday with potential targets stalling and perhaps signing elsewhere, as ever on these occasions if it were done when ’tis done, then ’twere well It were done quickly.

JR Hartley and a spot of fishing eh ?

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Not to me it doesn't.

Can be taken different ways. Can be taken as if "we" are the club and Jack is separate. Or it can be taken as if "we" are the club and Jack, and it's closed as far as we are concerned although Dundee may try again, with a financial incentive added to the mix.

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Is that what it says ? 

Sorry for that HUGE error... in stating "club" instead of "we"...

"We can confirm that Dundee FC submitted a request to discuss their managerial vacancy with Jack Ross.

We have replied informing them that Jack is under contract and that we won't be giving them permission to speak to him. That is the end of it as far as we are concerned."

Gordon Scott

Chairman

what a total misrepresentation eh..? What am i like changing statements to suit my agenda..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Strange as it may seem not everything in life is about money. Thommo and McGinn are two examples. Sometimes people want to finish a job they started. Sometimes the people they work with are more important. I would not assume that because Dundee offer an extra couple hundred quid a month that JR will dive straight out the door.

Edited by Sonny

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

"We can confirm that Dundee FC submitted a request to discuss their managerial vacancy with Jack Ross.

We have replied informing them that Jack is under contract and that we won't be giving them permission to speak to him. That is the end of it as far as we are concerned."

Gordon Scott

Chairman

whatba total misrepresentation eh..? What am i like changing statements to suit my agenda..?

But thats how you are coming across mate.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gordon Scott

Chairman

whatba total misrepresentation eh..? What am i like changing statements to suit my agenda..?

& yet you still had to put your mistake in Bold so as to draw people's attention to it . 

What the hell did folk expect the club and GS to say - they don't want to lose JR any more than any of us do and have said as much.  It's all they can do in this situation as there is very little they (or any other club) can do in a situation like this. JR is on holiday and therefore we won't here from him until he returns until then all the amatuer (some of it very amatuer) psychology / interpretation is pointless.  The ball is firmly in JR's court. Dundee want him and we don't want to lose him, it's totally up to Jack as i assume Dundee will be willing to pay whatever it takes if he agrees to go.  All this talk of painting badies etc is utter crap. There is no good guy / bad guy here it's a free market at work. My own gut feeling is JR will stay with us but it is simply a gut feeling I'm not reading anything into anyone's statements so far but up to now imo everyone has played this totally as you would expect them too.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gordon Scott

Chairman

what a total misrepresentation eh..? What am i like changing statements to suit my agenda..?

You specifically changed part of the statement, and put it in bold to emphasise a part of the statement that was fabricated to suit your agenda. 

The question is - why? Why change a statement you presumably copied and pasted from the official site? Bizarre stuff...

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As much as it hurts have to agree. Never thought Jack would want to leave but it seems Jack has strong feelings for Dundee. Can't agree on Hartley too many fans don't like him so all it would take is a few games to be lost for the fans to turn against him to me that's too much of a gamble. This needs to be sorted sooner rather than later so needs Jack Ross to stand up and say what he wants rather than letting this linger on. For sure Jack will be reading social media so knows what is going on. 

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

There is a whole lot of ifs buts and maybes here but only one Fact. 

No one on here knows what Is happening for sure. 

Mud slinging at the chairman serves no purpose other than to cause unrest.

Most of what has been posted on here has caused unrest. I cannot believe the conjecture and negativity from folk who do not know what the facts are.

2 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

But thats how you are coming across mate.

So please tell me, is that statement from the club, on the club website, which states:

"we can confirm"

"we have replied"

"we won't"

and the highly contentious "we are concerned "

and signed by the Club Chairman.... not then actually "from the club"?

can you guys really, actually read something deeper into me accidentally misquoting "club" rather than "we"..? 

Are you so in denial, this is what you find of high importance? Crack on then lads.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What the hell did folk expect the club we and GS to say - they don't want to lose JR any more than any of us do and have said as much.  It's all they can do in this situation as there is very little they (or any other club) can do in a situation like this. JR is on holiday and therefore we won't here from him until he returns until then all the amatuer (some of it very amatuer) psychology / interpretation is pointless.  The ball is firmly in JR's court. Dundee want him and we don't want to lose him, it's totally up to Jack as i assume Dundee will be willing to pay whatever it takes if he agrees to go.  All this talk of painting badies etc is utter crap. There is no good guy / bad guy here it's a free market at work. My own gut feeling is JR will stay with us but it is simply a gut feeling I'm not reading anything into anyone's statements so far but up to now imo everyone has played this totally as you would expect them too.

FIFY

Phew that was close... you know the secret accidental misquote police will have you bang to rights for that type of hideous transgression. You know it makes sense!

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Gordon Scott

Chairman

The whole message is the stated position of "we" - so giving emphasis to only the final "we" as if it somehow indicates a differing of opinion between the club and JR is a bit of a reach.

JR will stay or go but I don't think the above message gives an indicator either way - except in the sense that club is laying down a marker to say that they want him to stay.

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

As much as it hurts have to agree. Never thought Jack would want to leave but it seems Jack has strong feelings for Dundee. Can't agree on Hartley too many fans don't like him so all it would take is a few games to be lost for the fans to turn against him to me that's too much of a gamble. This needs to be sorted sooner rather than later so needs Jack Ross to stand up and say what he wants rather than letting this linger on. For sure Jack will be reading social media so knows what is going on.

Jack has not uttered a word so where do you get he has strong feelings for Dundee ??? - Just because a few folk (Dundee fans and hacks) said he was a Dundee fan as a kid ???

Lets wait and see what Jack actualy does say when his holiday is over and lets stop putting words into the guy's mouth.

I don't know about anyone else but the thought of looking at social media while on a holiday is bizarre !