Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

Really disappointed, although not wholly surprised, at the slow but sure turnaround against Ross.

I'm far from the group who can see him do no wrong but at the same time his overall performance has to be seen as something special, not discounting the style in which it was achieved.

There's been outright statements that are embarrassing and others that seem to indicate Ross has gone from an articulate manager to an idiot to be seen to be looking at Dundee as a career move.

Whatever happens his achievement shouldn't go unnoticed as some wise forum member said, bottom at Christmas means almost certain relegation. :lol:

Cut him some slack and sit back and enjoy the ride, nothing changes for St MIrren, always a drama around the corner.

18 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

My thoughts entirely. Why would you give a manager a 3 year contract yet build in such a derisory sum that most clubs could pay to take him away?

It might well have been a two way agreement, in that if we wanted to bin Jack (as some wanted to after about a fortnight) then that derisory sum would have been all we would have had to pay to get rid.

Don't have a clue what will happen over this. I will point out that my concern when Jack was being courted as our new manager was that he had not stayed around very long at any club and was a main figure in Saints players argument for bonus money for playing in or winning a cup final, virtually trying to hold the club to ransom on the eve of an important match. He gave us an amazing second half of the season, and when speaking to him after a recent match, he said he was here for the long haul and is intent on building saints up and getting into the top league.

I hope he stays, but have to remember he plays a very shrewd contract game, nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't half give me concern that we will be looking for yet another manager. And on that point - please if it happens and he goes, please don't go for Hartley.

If JR goes he is making an absolutely massive mistake. We are a club where the current majority stakeholder is a Saints fan, we are moving to fan ownership and the manager is held in high esteem. Dundee, on the other hand, are owned by Americans who like to invest in the long term to achieve sustainable growth (from their website). Yet Dundee just made over half a million pounds loss last year. Won't be long until the Texan cowboys ride off into the sunset, unless they have plans to turn Dens into a fecking supermarket.

It's all very Billy big baws the way Dundee are going about their business, if reports are true. Maybe Nelms thinks he's Donald fecking Trump.

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Daily Ranger online now saying that we have offered JR a new deal which he has said he will consider. Also says that JR distanced himself from putting his name to the clubs official refusal as he wants to talk to Dundee.

Of course he wants to talk to them, Dundee wouldn't of made an official approach unless Jack or his agent gave some encouragement to them to do so.

Jack Ross will be offski.

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

If Nelms has flown out to speak to Ross, as reported in the Record, then Dundee MUST get their man. Otherwise anyone else they approach will know that they are second choice.

Nelms travelling also indicates that Ross is at least prepared to consider the Dundee job. In which case, my regard for Jack drops considerably. I know that football these days is a cutthroat business, but I thought we had found a man with a bit more integrity than most. If he takes Dundee he will have a reputation as someone who starts jobs but doesn't finish them. I thought he was smarter than that. Even if he stays at Buddies now, I don't think I will look at him in the same way in the future.

Jack Ross IS second choice.........Neil McCann was first

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If JR goes he is making an absolutely massive mistake. We are a club where the current majority stakeholder is a Saints fan, we are moving to fan ownership and the manager is held in high esteem. Dundee, on the other hand, are owned by Americans who like to invest in the long term to achieve sustainable growth (from their website). Yet Dundee just made over half a million pounds loss last year. Won't be long until the Texan cowboys ride off into the sunset, unless they have plans to turn Dens into a fecking supermarket.

It's all very Billy big baws the way Dundee are going about their business, if reports are true. Maybe Nelms thinks he's Donald fecking Trump.

That's Dundee all over though.  They have been doing it that way for years but their fans seem to love it, although the bucket collections every 5 or 6 years must get them down.

^^^^^^ Absolutely this ^^^^^

Jack should remember what the chairman has done for him, backed him with a lot of signings in the January window and also said Jack would remain as manager even if we we're to be relegated.

He will be making a big mistake if he jumps ship to Dundee.

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

If it is true about Helms going to meet JR when refused permission by his "member" club i.e. us then, yes, that's completely against SFA rules and Dundee are in bother.

SFA handbook: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/ScottishFApublications2011-12/Scottish FA Handbook.pdf

Picture1.thumb.png.18e9aeef1c7ec35508edff6ceccda23e.png

I hope the club have already made a compaint to the SFA and asked them to investigate this, it was bad enough it all being over the presss saying they wanted Jack but if someone from Dungdee has flown out to speak with Jack after the club have refused permission then the SFA should take action.

7 minutes ago, scottd said:

That's Dundee all over though.  They have been doing it that way for years but their fans seem to love it, although the bucket collections every 5 or 6 years must get them down.

I just the next time they pass the buckets around no-one from another club puts nay money it. Don't forget they werre fan owned then sold out when people waved dollar signs in front of their eyes.

Should be a doddle to prove he's been tapped up given their chief exec will have flown out to go and speak to him. Hell of a coincidence if he just so happens to end up at the same hotel.

Dundee and/or JR's agent are not even being subtle in telling the papers things in a hope to force this through. Not being first choice won't be a problem for Ross - he wasn't first choice with us!

If JR decides to join Dundee then so what.  Even if they increase his salary by 15k never mind triple it, that's still a lot to turn down.  I like Ross, well I like the way he had the team playing at the end of the season, and if he leaves but Fowler remains and takes over I don't think the style will change, and a number of the players are still here.  My real sympathy is for the 4 part time players who may have left their other jobs because JR wanted them. The next manager might not.  Whatever happens I will still be renewing my season ticket as I support the club regardless of who the manager is, Christ I remember the despair when Fergie left, only for us to have higher finishes in the next 2 seasons.  For what is worth I would go for Alex Neil with Fowler as his assistant.  Coming back to Scotland after a rough time never did McInnes any harm.

withoot going thru every post again and in nae particular order.....

Dundee are a basket case of a club.....not at the moment reasonably well run.

Dundee making huge losses.....half a million last year didn't include hemmings and Stewart sales.

dfc are not a bigger club.....I think we are and most commentators would agree but it wouldn't be hugely important if I was ross.

Dundee are on a downward spiral.....just retained oor spl status again for 3rd year on the spin.

cud go on but ill no bother.

certainly in the balance whether he comes or not.

I wud ask is it easier to get you guys up or easier to keep us up?

I wud assume its the later. Cant see you guys winning the league ( though obviously id love that) and the playoffs are weighted against the championship.

p.s Hartley wouldn't be the worst appointment at championship level.

5 minutes ago, Rorros said:

withoot going thru every post again and in nae particular order.....

Dundee are a basket case of a club.....not at the moment reasonably well run.

Dundee making huge losses.....half a million last year didn't include hemmings and Stewart sales.

dfc are not a bigger club.....I think we are and most commentators would agree but it wouldn't be hugely important if I was ross.

Dundee are on a downward spiral.....just retained oor spl status again for 3rd year on the spin.

cud go on but ill no bother.

certainly in the balance whether he comes or not.

I wud ask is it easier to get you guys up or easier to keep us up?

I wud assume its the later. Cant see you guys winning the league ( though obviously id love that) and the playoffs are weighted against the championship.

p.s Hartley wouldn't be the worst appointment at championship level.

Good post