Jump to content

Jack Ross - Manager of the Month


Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Yes, but won't look good on his CV and leave a very sour taste in the mouth. If he does this then we move on and welcome the next manager.

Don't agree about his CV, agree there will be a lot of very disappointed supporters because, and I'm among them, there was a strong belief we were on the up.

Nothing to suggest we won't be but that will take someone special and we need to get off to a fast start or things could turn very sour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

He is under contract so unless he resigns then he won't be going anywhere if the club refuse talks with Dundee. 

He'll resign then if needs be.

Personally if I was Dundee I would chase Jim McIntyre as he is proven and a huge talent as a coach also.

The turnaround job he did at Ross County in the Premiership was on a par with Ross last season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

He'll resign then if needs be.

Personally if I was Dundee I would chase Jim McIntyre as he is proven and a huge talent as a coach also.

The turnaround job he did at Ross County in the Premiership was on a par with Ross last season.

 

County chairman has already told them to take a hike.

Edited by pod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he resigns and is then appointed at Dundee compensation will be paid, that's normally what happens in these sort of cases, although it may take a struggle with Dundee via the SPFL to resolve it. If he does move to Dens Park I wonder what the chances of drawing them in one of the cups next season would be?

Incidentally Alex Neil was on £1 million a year at Norwich so unless either of the ugly sisters want him I'd imagine he's more likely to next pop up at Hull or some other English Championship non-entity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, he wants to go, he resigns, game over?

The club get nothing.

Happens quite often.

This most definitely won't be the case. He can resign and go, but it would cost Dundee money via tribunal and would give us a clear case to pursue that they in fact tapped him up without our prior consent, especially since the local press in Dundee seem to be the biggest enemy of the club by more or less giving the game away with regards to the chairman and his movements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pod said:

County chairman has already told them to take a hike.

Then all Jim has to do is resign. So, a precedent could be set that any club can lose their manager through resignation if their club wishes to refuse an approach. No point in having a contract then unless it protects both manager and club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djchapsticks said:

This most definitely won't be the case. He can resign and go, but it would cost Dundee money via tribunal and would give us a clear case to pursue that they in fact tapped him up without our prior consent, especially since the local press in Dundee seem to be the biggest enemy of the club by more or less giving the game away with regards to the chairman and his movements.

Aye, good luck with that.

My view is that, IF, Ross decided to go we would accept a decent offer rather than go down the messy route you suggest so the ball is in Dundee's court.

Again, bicker away as NOTHING is certain at this stage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually that is a very good point, I think JR has done a very credible job, (NB: not Incredible) in keeping us from League one, but it does seem to me that one side of his persona that appeals to the public is surely his apparent openness and honesty during interviews and conversations with.....well anybody! ....... however these 'extremely appealing traits' would begin to look less 'believable' if he were to pull such a stunt.  I do hope all this is worries about nothing.......Really!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, good luck with that.

My view is that, IF, Ross decided to go we would accept a decent offer rather than go down the messy route you suggest so the ball is in Dundee's court.

Again, bicker away as NOTHING is certain at this stage.

 

I'm not bickering about anything. It's just a shite state of affairs where any club can approach a manager after being publicly rebuked in their advances.

Others say we did similar with Alloa and that's the food chain, the rather large difference is that Alloa granted permission.

I'd like to know how this is any different to doing so with a player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'm not bickering about anything. It's just a shite state of affairs where any club can approach a manager after being publicly rebuked in their advances.

Others say we did similar with Alloa and that's the food chain, the rather large difference is that Alloa granted permission.

I'd like to know how this is any different to doing so with a player.

I agree, but there's nothing we can do about that.

The majority of this thread will mean nothing if he stays.

Fingers crossed that's what happens.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, div said:

Spoke to Gordon about 15 mins ago. He is in Spain (on a pre-planned trip).

That now makes Tony, Jack, James and Gordon who are all abroad on holiday at the moment.

Gordon told me " We will do everything in our power to keep Jack at this football club, without putting the finances of the club in peril. If I need to go and visit Jack in Spain then rest assured that it will be done"

Well if you cant beat them (to the golden signature)... then join them..!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This most definitely won't be the case. He can resign and go, but it would cost Dundee money via tribunal and would give us a clear case to pursue that they in fact tapped him up without our prior consent, especially since the local press in Dundee seem to be the biggest enemy of the club by more or less giving the game away with regards to the chairman and his movements.

Did Jack trick us with the contract he signed...?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money talks. The economics of the "game" are those of the Free Market. I may not like it but that is the way I see it. 

JR is not a Stpporter. No reason he should be but he is an employee of the club who is under contract.

One can be sure that if things had not gone well and the club decided to sack him then he would, quote rightly have sought compensation.

If JR stays then I will think more highly of him. That is for sure. If he goes then I can only take the view that he is typical of the attitudes that prevail these days and expect significant compensation.

I would then wish the incoming manager well and give whoever that might be my support.

Shareholders, directors, managers and players come and go but fans stick around and have done since our foundation.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting to get a bad feeling about this......

If he wants to go then that's that and the Record seem to think he's keen (could be b*llocks I guess).

He's got a good gig with us, loved by fans, backed by board, supporting him in signing targets and much to be optimistic about.

Dundee are already where he wants to take us but they also increased their liabilities 200% this year and I doubt promises of big budgets and new stadiums will materialise in the short term.

But Jack also knows that his career choice is pretty insecure and if he can double his wage and get a few years out of it then that's no doubt appealing. Look at the countless up and coming managers who end up on scrap heap (like Lennon) possibly unfairly! When it comes down to it who can blame him for making hay while the sun shines?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Money talks. The economics of the "game" are those of the Free Market. I may not like it but that is the way I see it. 

JR is not a Stpporter. No reason he should be but he is an employee of the club who is under contract.

One can be sure that if things had not gone well and the club decided to sack him then he would, quote rightly have sought compensation.

If JR stays then I will think more highly of him. That is for sure. If he goes then I can only take the view that he is typical of the attitudes that prevail these days and expect significant compensation.

I would then wish the incoming manager well and give whoever that might be my support.

Shareholders, directors, managers and players come and go but fans stick around and have done since our foundation.

 

 

This thread proves how much we think of Jack Ross he has grown the support we believe in him. Jack please, please stay you have brought back the passion something that will give the team a good start. With that you will make the headlines you will grow our club will grow. One day you will be a top manager with not a big club a huge club. I was a supporter before Sir Alex you have that magic stay with us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...