Jack Ross - Manager of the Month

7 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I honestly can't see Jack going anywhere in the interim , I don't think that is his style he has shown real commitment to our Club. .

Either do I. I am 100% certain he will be our manager for the whole of season 2017-2018. It was around 30 years ago when we last lost a manager to an other club and that was Alex Miller, and since then we only sack them :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Oh ffs

2 hours ago, shull said:

It would make me sad if he left for Dundee..
Bring Wee Baldy back from Queens Park would ease the pain.

Shull's aff his F'n heid.
I couldn't imagine Baldy knowing what to do with the squad Jack's building.
It's far too progressive and attacking for that boring, negative, dinosaur to work with.

2 hours ago, shull said:
It would make me sad if he left for Dundee..
Bring Wee Baldy back from Queens Park would ease the pain.   Shull's aff his F'n heid. I couldn't imagine Baldy knowing what to do with the squad Jack's building. It's far too progressive and attacking for that boring, negative, dinosaur to work with.  

You've taken the Shullster bait ????

A lot of factors in play here.

By all accounts, Hartley left Dundee in a shambles, and the state of the playing personnel, by all accounts, is pretty dire. Any compensation due to us will weaken any rebuilding process.

I know that JR has begun rebuilding our club, with a particular focus on youth, and sees it as a personal project. I could be wrong, but I don't think the infrastructure at Dundee fits into JR's style of rebuilding.

Anyway, whatever will be will be, and the sooner the club ends this speculation, one way or another, the better.

Edited by FTOF

18 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

No danger.

JR will have his career mapped out in his head: 

1. St Mirren top 6

2. Hibs / Aberdeen / England

3. English Championship / Old Firm  

4. English Premier League

Seriously. The guys a fastidious planner. I think he'll see Dundee as a sideways move. 

Na, St Mirren , Aberdeen, Manchester United.  

A doubling of wages and a 3 year contract and Jack Ross will be the new Dundee Manager.

Simple as that, unfortunately

Gus & Potter will fill our void.

We just have to settle for it.

Edited by shull

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

I could see Jack leaving if a team like Aberdeen or Hearts came in for him........ but Dundee :lol:

Fair point.

If we somehow accept that Dundee are a significant step-up from St Mirren, we don't deserve to keep a young ambitious manager.

Want him to stay but wouldn't be surprised if he leaves. Chance to manage in the top league at a club that seems to be reasonably well run these days. It's a club that'll attract a decent support if they're doing well, rather than someone like Hamilton or Ross County.

Could go either way. Hopefully Dundee look elsewhere.

First Dundee, then Caley and possibly Killie could all be looking for a manager next month.  The bookies will list prices for the usual suspects (Calderwood, Hughes, Billy McKinlay, Burley, Hartley, etc), the prominent names (Alex Neil, McLeish, Coyle, Steve Clarke, etc) and the coming guys from the lower leagues which will inlude JR.  The only thing for certain is the bookies will make loads of money!

McInnes is now odds on for the Sunderland job!!!

Edited by rabuddies
Just seen the odds.