Phil Clarke's Last Match Tomorrow

Saint's superb P.A. man retires tomorrow.

He has been a great Tannoy dude and I wish him all the best for the future.

His greatest announcement which makes me smile was on the 5th October 2008.

It was .......

" WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE RANGERS NET ? "

" STEPHEN McGINN !!!!!!!! "

:clapping

All the best in the future, Bud.

Edited by shull

Aye well cheerio Phil.

A St Mirren legend ? Seriously shull ? You're having  giraffe surely ?

Maybe Jackie Copland, Billy Abercrombie, the Original Paisley Panda & Panda Junior. IMO these are closer to legends !!

Just my opinion of course. :unsure:

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Aye well cheerio Phil.

A St Mirren legend ? Seriously shull ? You're having  giraffe surely ?

Maybe Jackie Copland, Billy Abercrombie, the Original Paisley Panda & Panda Junior. IMO these are closer to legends !!

Just my opinion of course. :unsure:

poor post

Phil has been the announcer for a number of years and has done a fine job of it - just my opinion of course.

Shull has every right to wish the fellow well and I will join him in that.  Unfortunately the thread has been somewhat soured by the poor contribution above.

Good luck Phil.....Is wee Campbell taking over?  

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

At least it means no more of 'You can call me AL'.

Still trying to work out why he played that.

Phil made a monumental f'ck up today.I blame him for the pen miss.

:huh:

There was too much fannying around before the penalty kick, none of that was Phil's fault. That utter twat of a referee, and Loy wasn't blameless either. Took all bloody day to get ready, then hit a poor penalty. Someone in the PA booth accidentally pressed a button. Big deal, a mistake, but it didn't cause Loy to duff his attempt.

I blame Skyview Capital. Those cnuts promised to deliver deliverable focus-based outcomes using growth-organic growth procedures. Cnuts. Bring back CetCo.

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Especially after his f**k-up today.

A fcuk-up? Cueing the music that gets played should a goal be scored and accidentally hitting the wrong button for a moment? Burn the witch. Pitchforks at dawn. I'm there... basturt.

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

There's a time and place for "accidentally hitting the wrong button ". When one of your players is psyching himself up to take a penalty, it is NOT the right time.

No, it was a mistake. Loy should give him a doing for messing with his brain. If we go down, in no particular order, I blame Gilmour, Rae, Murray, Webster, Craig, Alex Saitano's eyebrows and Phil's button press.

Just now, pozbaird said:

No, it was a mistake. Loy should give him a doing for messing with his brain. If we go down, in no particular order, I blame Gilmour, Rae, Murray, Webster, Craig, Alex Saitano's eyebrows and Phil's button press.

Yeah, be flippant all you want but that incident today most definitely did not help.

Only St. Mirren can can do something like blast music over the PA as one of their players is preparing to take a penalty.

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Yeah, be flippant all you want but that incident today most definitely did not help.

Only St. Mirren can can do something like blast music over the PA as one of their players is preparing to take a penalty.

You are grumpy tonight ,Tommy.

Stop yir fretting, we'll beat Morton on Tuesday. :thumbs2

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Of course it didn't help. No-one would say it did. I don't think Loy was about to kick it, run up to kick it, or was ready to kick it, so I will refrain from suggesting it was a major part of Loy missing. Flippant? Not a bit of it, have you seen the state of those eyebrows?