Morton's Admission Prices... Conned again.

This is my first post, i am complaining about Morton's admission charges for a concession ticket which is £15.

I noticed  that the game tomorrow evening is again £15 for us pensioners and proof of age may be needed. ??? Bus Pass and Driving Licence at the ready.

The last time i went there  a sheet of A4 paper was stuck above the turnstile, with the admission charge written on it.

I and a few others were complaining about the price, so i came home  and e-mailed Morton FC requesting an answer as to how they justify the charges.

Alas no reply came from them . I also e-mailed them again today and still no reply.

i told them that when they come to paisley they have nice snack bars ,nice toilets and a comfortable seat to enjoy the game.

i also said that Cappielow is the same as it was in the 1960's, and it is stuck in a time warp. and to stand in pouring rain as we did last year wasn't much fun.

i have checked with the web sites of the other teams in this league and prices range from £8--£12 which is what i would expect to pay for this level of football.

i take it that Morton can charge whatever they choose ? What are they doing with the money ?

I will after all my moaning be there tomorrow evening and hope for 3 points. and hope it doesn't  rain.

Saints make the journey to Greenock tomorrow to take on Renfrewshire rivals Morton at Cappielow. 

This match will be pay-at-the-gate.

Gate Prices

Adult £18
Over 65* £15
FT Student* £15
Child (12-16)  £5
Child (under 12)  Free** 

* Proof of status must be shown.
** Children Under 12 gain free entry if accompanied by a full paying adult.

Additional information

• Wheelchair users pay but carer is free. This is limited to one carer per user and must be booked by 10am tomorrow morning (Tuesday 11 April) via the St Mirren Ticket Office. 
  • Wheelchair users and carers enter via the main gate at Sinclair Street. The wheelchair section is shared with home fans and whilst under cover, rain can enter depending on wind direction. 
  • The entry point for away fans are as follows: Enter via turnstiles at west side of stadium known as the Wee Dublin End. Access to sections F&G of the main stand (capacity limited to 500 and vouchers will be issued on entry to allow fans to use facilities. No re-entry to stand without a voucher). All other fans will use sections J, K, L, M behind the goal which is uncovered. There are toilet and catering facilities on site. 
  • Supporters buses should drop off on the A8 dual carriageway directly outside the west turnstiles. Drivers can the continue west to the roundabout and return east to park in the main carpark situated at the bottom of Sinclair Street accessed from the A8. Parking is free for supporters buses.
  • The Main Stand is a no smoking area and includes e-cigarettes or similar devices.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Saints make the journey to Greenock tomorrow to take on Renfrewshire rivals Morton at Cappielow. 

This match will be pay-at-the-gate.

Gate Prices

Adult £18
Over 65* £15
FT Student* £15
Child (12-16)  £5
Child (under 12)  Free** 

* Proof of status must be shown.
** Children Under 12 gain free entry if accompanied by a full paying adult.

Additional information

• Wheelchair users pay but carer is free. This is limited to one carer per user and must be booked by 10am tomorrow morning (Tuesday 11 April) via the St Mirren Ticket Office. 
  • Wheelchair users and carers enter via the main gate at Sinclair Street. The wheelchair section is shared with home fans and whilst under cover, rain can enter depending on wind direction. 
  • The entry point for away fans are as follows: Enter via turnstiles at west side of stadium known as the Wee Dublin End. Access to sections F&G of the main stand (capacity limited to 500 and vouchers will be issued on entry to allow fans to use facilities. No re-entry to stand without a voucher). All other fans will use sections J, K, L, M behind the goal which is uncovered. There are toilet and catering facilities on site. 
  • Supporters buses should drop off on the A8 dual carriageway directly outside the west turnstiles. Drivers can the continue west to the roundabout and return east to park in the main carpark situated at the bottom of Sinclair Street accessed from the A8. Parking is free for supporters buses.
  • The Main Stand is a no smoking area and includes e-cigarettes or similar devices.

It doesn't mention nappy wearer's? :lol:

Was tempted and if the cowshed had been open I might have been swayed.

97% chance of heavy rain and £33 for one adult and one student vs £16 for two hours entertainment for two adults by a finalist in the 2017 young Scottish Trad music awards.

Indoors. In warmth. With a seat! Sorted.

50 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Was tempted and if the cowshed had been open I might have been swayed.

97% chance of heavy rain and £33 for one adult and one student vs £16 for two hours entertainment for two adults by a finalist in the 2017 young Scottish Trad music awards.

Indoors. In warmth. With a seat! Sorted.

A night at the Scottish Traditional Music Awards makes standing in the pishing rain in Greenock on a cold Tuesday sound appealing.

:P

Don't care about the prices for the dump they call Cappielow. I will be there no matter the price or the weather for another cup final in our bid for survival.

Everyone has a choice to attend. If it's too expensive for you don't go. If you don't fancy the weather don't go.

I for one can't wait for the game. Hope we get tore in them and collect 3 valuable points.

COYS

The price really a joke. 15 quid for a concession to stand on a bench that's been there forever. Listen I think they are at it. In the championship I think 10 pounds is a fair price for a concession.  No more than that. Hibs,United,Dunfermline all have far superior stadia and greater overheads in terms of maintenance and there all cheaper. This dump is a joke. 

35 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The price really a joke. 15 quid for a concession to stand on a bench that's been there forever. Listen I think they are at it. In the championship I think 10 pounds is a fair price for a concession.  No more than that. Hibs,United,Dunfermline all have far superior stadia and greater overheads in terms of maintenance and there all cheaper. This dump is a joke. 

The point is well made. Inferior facilities for a higher price for concessions. All the stranger since ,as it has been pointed out their Adult Tickets are cheaper than elsewhere.  Maybe they just don't want old codgers like me at the game. 

Don't care about the prices for the dump they call Cappielow. I will be there no matter the price or the weather for another cup final in our bid for survival.

Everyone has a choice to attend. If it's too expensive for you don't go. If you don't fancy the weather don't go.

I for one can't wait for the game. Hope we get tore in them and collect 3 valuable points.

COYS

I do.
It is. I won't.
I don't. I won't.
Enjoy.

That was a WIN-WIN.

First and foremost... Saints won!
We are up to 8th and on an incredible run.

I stayed dry and had two and a half hours great music for half the price of the match.

I had £5 on MacKenzie to score at 14/1 and £5 on Stelios to score at 16/1...

add in £5 on a Saints win at 12/5 and my £15 returned £177.

Ticket money for Saturday sorted!!!

Only down sided... two losing bets... £3 on Stelios to score twice for a return of £453 (150/1) and £2 on Mallan to score twice at 50/1 for a return of £102.

Could they not have sorted out who was going to score the goals?

Net gain... £157 and staying dry whilst enjoying live music and knowing Saints won!

That was a WIN-WIN.
First and foremost... Saints won!
We are up to 8th and on an incredible run.
I stayed dry and had two and a half hours great music for half the price of the match.
I had £5 on MacKenzie to score at 14/1 and £5 on Stelios to score at 16/1...
add in £5 on a Saints win at 12/5 and my £15 returned £177.
Ticket money for Saturday sorted!!!
Only down sided... two losing bets... £3 on Stelios to score twice for a return of £453 (150/1) and £2 on Mallan to score twice at 50/1 for a return of £102.
Could they not have sorted out who was going to score the goals?
Net gain... £157 and staying dry whilst enjoying live music and knowing Saints won!

You do know they will be a taxi driver along shortly saying you have a problem, and you should be joining the AA [emoji56] Oh and well done [emoji106]

11 minutes ago, renfrew said:

You do know they will be a taxi driver along shortly saying you have a problem, and you should be joining the AA emoji56.png Oh and well done emoji106.png

Has his car broke doon ?