Dundee United v St Mirren Championship 22/4/17

shull

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Imagine it was a round robin where all teams played each other once and the top team went up.

What would be the probability of a team going up in a "league" of 4 using exactly the same logic of assigning 50-50 per match as you've used above?

"Imagine it was something it wasn't rather than what it is..."

:lol:

Just to let you all know that black is white. I know everyone else says black is black, but it's not. 

Dont worry about not understanding the logic. Not everyone is clever enough - it's non-intuitive. If you don't think that black is white, please demonstrate how you have come to this conclusion. I'll be setting a question completely unrelated to this later to deflect everyone's attention.

Look - a squirrel!

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Just to let you all know that black is white. I know everyone else says black is black, but it's not. 

Dont worry about not understanding the logic. Not everyone is clever enough - it's non-intuitive. If you don't think that black is white, please demonstrate how you have come to this conclusion. I'll be setting a question completely unrelated to this later to deflect everyone's attention.

Look - a squirrel!

This isn't helping. :rolleyes:

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

I think you must be wrong. See below.

Ah, that old chestnut - squirrels love chestnuts. Squirrels are in fact pigeons - it's a little known fact that has nothing to do with black, or white for that matter, but leads gently off the path I mistakenly started going down before realising I was going the wrong way. And you probably wouldn't understand the logic - it's counter-intu... :snore

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Look - a squirrel!

If I wasn't so damned angry all the time, that would've made me laugh.

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Look - a squirrel!

Incidentally, this was as close as I'm prepared to get to admitting defeat! :D 

20 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:lol::lol:

i have a horrible feeling though that in the true law of statistics/probability, Slartibartfast is probably (no pun intended) correct. I further suspect that he knows exactly what we are trying to say, agrees with the spirit of what we are trying to say, but is intent on being a pedantic smartypants :P.

If he is indeed correct, then I refer you to an earlier post of mine and would contend that the law of statistics/probability gobbles donkeys!