Super Stelios

On 16 April 2017 at 0:50 PM, pozbaird said:

I would advise anyone to go back to the Morton game highlights and watch the Morton goal. Stelios was pushing upfield, he went in for a tackle to win the ball, was a baw hair away from winning it, but the Morton player came away with the ball. What did Stelios do? Watch the footage and watch him, not the Morton player breaking forward. Stelios jumped up and ran back at full pelt almost the length of the field. He hesitated at the end, anticipating a cut-back. If he'd just kept going he would have cut the cross out. It was a valiant effort. The likes of Jason Naismith would have been blowing out his arse. No offence to Jason.

Apart from his goals, apart from being two-footed, apart from being a threat, apart from being skillful, and apart from having a great engine and looking like he cares... I cannot see what Stelios brings to St Mirren. Time we got rid of this dud.

:)

a thought Naismith was a dreadful player,just runs back,doesn't no what he doing,watch every time goal conceded,he always out position and late arriving in box and blaming everyone but him,even if got £10 off county absolute steal,no offense to Jason either

13 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

a thought Naismith was a dreadful player,just runs back,doesn't no what he doing,watch every time goal conceded,he always out position and late arriving in box and blaming everyone but him,even if got £10 off county absolute steal,no offense to Jason either

I thought Naismith was a reasonably reliable defender at our current level, but Stelios is an upgrade. I wouldn't swap them.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Agent whoring him about, so it seems we might have seen the last of him, sadly:(

Surely his agent needs to be whoring him about, Stelios is a nomadic type looking for gigs. I'm not surprised in the slightest that the agent of a player such as Stelios is hawking his mutton around the place.

I'd be delighted to see Stelios stay, but as I said, we can replace him with that wee white arrow. It did everything Stelios did...

We arra' peepil?

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Surely his agent needs to be whoring him about, Stelios is a nomadic type looking for gigs. I'm not surprised in the slightest that the agent of a player such as Stelios is hawking his mutton around the place.

I'd be delighted to see Stelios stay, but as I said, we can replace him with that wee white arrow. It did everything Stelios did...

We arra' peepil?

I wasn't trying to call anyone out for it it. Its what they do.