Super Stelios

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Depends who's option it is. If it's his he clearly hasn't exercised it yet (although likewise if it's ours). Either way doesn't really look as if he's staying unfortunately.

Think it's likely his option to be honest or we would of exercised it by now.  It is a bit worrying that only two people have signed contracts in a week. Irvine in a similar situation with a year option.  

Stelios is versatile and I think there's a strong possibility that we'll lose Mallan and Morgan. Think he could do a good job for us in midfield. He's great going forward and gives 100%, as the whole team did in the run-in. I don't know if Jack is wary of his "maverick" qualities, but I trust Jack's judgement. Would like to see him stay though.

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

So the option is , we stay up , we have an option for Stellios , he considers it , we go down , we don't,t have an option , Stellios leaves . What was the point of having an option , unless we actually do have him for next season.

Depends in who's favour the option was .

1 minute ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Stelios is versatile and I think there's a strong possibility that we'll lose Mallan and Morgan. Think he could do a good job for us in midfield. He's great going forward and gives 100%, as the whole team did in the run-in. I don't know if Jack is wary of his "maverick" qualities, but I trust Jack's judgement. Would like to see him stay though.

He see's more of him than any supporter. 

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I can't reveal my source, but I was shown Stelios' contract - signed with his own pen. There can be no doubt that this pen belongs to Stelios himself. :)

stelios.jpg

Is it the arrow that gives it away.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Think it's likely his option to be honest or we would of exercised it by now.  It is a bit worrying that only two people have signed contracts in a week. Irvine in a similar situation with a year option.  

I think most of the players have been away on holiday this week, hence why only 2 people have signed contracts so far.

15 hours ago, Bearsden buddie said:

I think most of the players have been away on holiday this week, hence why only 2 people have signed contracts so far.

Quite...in my day the manager would only have to drive to Butlins to catch up with them in the big ballroom.  

That said get Stellios signed, a cracking player, the like I huvnae seen for a long time.  The most two footed player at our club since......Kyle McAllister.

He wasn't at the POTY dinner last night.

The majority of the players were there, with Ben Gordon, Jordan Stewart , Adam Eckersley, *Kyle Hutton and  Harry Davis being the only other squad players not present.

*:clapping

Funny chain of events, Stelios signs, scores some crackers, plays well, is dropped apparently due to illness, comes back, scores plays well, still not first choice, heads home asap after last game, agent punting him online.

was there perhaps a bit of a disconnect between him and Ross? Maybe Stelios thought he was better than Ross thought he was?

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Funny chain of events, Stelios signs, scores some crackers, plays well, is dropped apparently due to illness, comes back, scores plays well, still not first choice, heads home asap after last game, agent punting him online.

was there perhaps a bit of a disconnect between him and Ross? Maybe Stelios thought he was better than Ross thought he was?

Heard what the weather forecast was for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

FFS

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hate the end of season seems to bring chap speculation on. Did Jack Ross not say he would be here next season. Also 200,000 for Mallan should cement a few contracts I would think. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

An absolute masterclass in shit stirring without having to go through the hassle of providing any actual evidence of a problem betwen Stelios and the manager.

You will notice the words in bold allow LPM to backtrack and shimmy around any direct accusation of spreading shit though.

The intention is simply to control the rest of the forum into discussing a situation which isn't really a thing at all.

It's a classic control and attention seeking tactic designed to sow the seeds of discontent and argument for reasons known only to LPM himself.

Absolutely brilliant.

Honestly, I am seriously impressed.

Shame it is so utterly transparent to the majority of us who have functioning brain cells. Otherwise it might have worked.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hate the end of season seems to bring chap speculation on. Did Jack Ross not say he would be here next season. Also 200,000 for Mallan should cement a few contracts I would think. 

Dunno? Did he?

remeber this is the speculation thread, not the 'this is defo' thread.

edit: sorry its the Super Stelios thread, ach well. What's interesting is the amount of people sitting around waiting to be offended on a fans forum which is 90% waffle!

they dont offer any answers, debate or just plain old you're adding two and two together and making 26. Its the same ones everytime insisting 'This is the crime of the century, how dare you speculate, or ask a question'. Maybe the same peeps who were sure Mallan was staying?

Edited by Lord Pityme