Super Stelios

I started a "show Stelios the love" tweet yesterday afternoon, inviting Saints fans to like to show support for him to stay.

Over 500 buddies have now done so, but most tellingly was that Stelios himself liked the tweet :-)

1 hour ago, pod said:

Is that over the phone from Cyprus, where he rush off to, to prepare for his brother's wedding.

Also where he has still not returned home from. Alot of people getting their knickers in a twist because he's not signed a new deal yet, he's away enjoying himself,  why rush back when he's got weeks before he needs to be back here.

1 hour ago, bud84 said:

Also where he has still not returned home from. Alot of people getting their knickers in a twist because he's not signed a new deal yet, he's away enjoying himself,  why rush back when he's got weeks before he needs to be back here.

If the Thistle story is true then he will sign for them as money will be better there plush he is playing at a higher level being put in the shop window better than the championship so my knickers are in a twist. Great player. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the Thistle story is true then he will sign for them as money will be better there plush he is playing at a higher level being put in the shop window better than the championship so my knickers are in a twist. Great player. 

What was that song being sung towards the end of last season

'que sera sera' that will be the end of that then.

They guys been out the country since the season finished,  considering is for a family wedding I'd say it was already pre planned,  do you honestly expect him to cut short a trip home just to appease a few folk on here  moaning he's not signed yet?

If Stelios has been offered the choice of signing for Partick Thistle, playing in the Scottish Premiership and taking a surge in his pay packet or signing for us for lower wages and warming a bench in the Championship it's a no-brainer for him.

Good luck Stelios and a fond cheerio with our best wishes. Huge thanks for your valued efforts in the stripes.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mclean, McGinn and Mallan done alright out of the championship.

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

But he has played in the third tier (the old Second Division) of Scottish football.

We all know that. However Pod was comparing McLean to Mallan and McGinn getting moves to "bigger clubs" whilst playing in the Championship.

McLean was in the Premiership when he signed for Aberdeen. He has never played in the Championship.

23 hours ago, bud84 said:

What was that song being sung towards the end of last season

'que sera sera' that will be the end of that then.

They guys been out the country since the season finished,  considering is for a family wedding I'd say it was already pre planned,  do you honestly expect him to cut short a trip home just to appease a few folk on here  moaning he's not signed yet?

Mate I have no idea what he is doing all I'm saying if the Thistle story is ( true ) then I would expect him to sign for Thistle. This is 2017 Stelios could be in New Zealand does it matter as players have agents plus communications now are far better than it was 50 years ago :) 

Don't understand the furore surrounding Stelios, he's a good option to have but he's hardly Lionel Messi.

I'd like to have him back and I'm pretty sure he will be but I won't be losing sleep if he chooses to ply his trade elsewhere. Constant pestering on social media seems a bit much.

Stelios has allegedly been offered terms that are lower than he was on so I genuinely can't see him being a buddie next season.

I heard the radio interview with Jack Ross on radio Scotland a couple of weeks ago and got the vibe that Jack Ross doesn't rate him as the best defensive option on either side of defence.

I think Stelios is a real fans favourite but money talks and feel he will sign for say Thistle or any other team, anywhere in the world, that offers him decent terms.

I would personally like to see him sign as I feel on his day he isn't anywhere near as dodgy at the back as people are hinting at and has much more in his locker offensively than Eckersley or Irvine.

I also can't see Davis signing given our recent signings as think what he will be looking for will be out with our price bracket with the same applying to O'Brien and possibly Loy unless Dundee come to some arrangement.

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

Stelios has allegedly been offered terms that are lower than he was on so I genuinely can't see him being a buddie next season.

I heard the radio interview with Jack Ross on radio Scotland a couple of weeks ago and got the vibe that Jack Ross doesn't rate him as the best defensive option on either side of defence.

I think Stelios is a real fans favourite but money talks and feel he will sign for say Thistle or any other team, anywhere in the world, that offers him decent terms.

I would personally like to see him sign as I feel on his day he isn't anywhere near as dodgy at the back as people are hinting at and has much more in his locker offensively than Eckersley or Irvine.

I also can't see Davis signing given our recent signings as think what he will be looking for will be out with our price bracket with the same applying to O'Brien and possibly Loy unless Dundee come to some arrangement.

From that list, my priority would be Loy. He was excellent after his fitness improved, and he linked well with Smith.  I understand that he wants to stay, and, if so, that's a bunus.

I agree that Davis now looks unlikely. He has been released from his parent club so can pretty much suit himself, now, and he'll reckon there is more poppy to be had elsewhere.

O'Brien is a good young 'keeper, but we could probably source someone of his standard without too much difficulty - and we might have done so already with Stewart.

Edited by Drew