Super Stelios

38 minutes ago, santo said:

We were on fire. It`s such a shame the season had to end.

I have absolute faith in JR but I can`t shrug off this feeling of disappointment.

We should be doing everything we can to keep all of the players from last season.

I understand Mallan had to go but what about O`Brien?

Wasn`t Billy part of the incredible team spirit? Surely he deserved a chance over Samson? (in saying that,  I`m not unhappy with Samson).

JR`s transfer dealing have been unbelievable so far...but it`s hard to get excited about signing players from Albion Rovers.

Not a boo boy! Just maybe on on a come-down from the euphoria of last season.

Exactly how I feel Bud.

1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

I feel it's a bit of a chance missed in not signing Stelios. The guy offers a great deal on either side of defence. I don't really buy into this he is a poor defender talk.

We will need cover for both Eckersley and Irvine and I feel stelios fits that bill perfectly. Throw in the fact that he has a great attacking side to his game and linked up really well with Morgan and you have those positions effectively covered by one player.

I heard he was offered reduced terms from what he was previously on and the fact Jack didn't play him in the final and in several other of the key games in the closing weeks I can see why stelios is keeping his options open.

An opportunity missed should he move on but I live in hope that he signs up for the title winning season.

I don't get this offering reduced terms and expecting the guy to feel #thislove. If we could afford to pay a decent wage in January why not now? No one would feel wanted at work if offered lower wages. At least pay the guy last season's wage and get him on a 2 year deal.

41 minutes ago, santo said:

We were on fire. It`s such a shame the season had to end.

I have absolute faith in JR but I can`t shrug off this feeling of disappointment.

We should be doing everything we can to keep all of the players from last season.

I understand Mallan had to go but what about O`Brien?

Wasn`t Billy part of the incredible team spirit? Surely he deserved a chance over Samson? (in saying that,  I`m not unhappy with Samson).

JR`s transfer dealing have been unbelievable so far...but it`s hard to get excited about signing players from Albion Rovers.

Not a boo boy! Just maybe on on a come-down from the euphoria of last season.

Agree with your sentiments regarding the end of the season, but I'm much more optimistic than your good self regarding the latter parts.

Not fussed about O'Brien going. Decent 'keeper, but I'm excited by the prospect on Stewart developing into a better 'keeper.

I'm also looking forward to JR developing Kirkpatrick and our other Stewart into top notch players.I would like a couple of "marquee" signings though.

For me Loy would fall into the aforementioned category and should be our number one target.

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

I don't get this offering reduced terms and expecting the guy to feel #thislove. If we could afford to pay a decent wage in January why not now? No one would feel wanted at work if offered lower wages. At least pay the guy last season's wage and get him on a 2 year deal.

Speculation at best.................

3 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

If it had been made abundantly clear to me that, no matter how well I played, I was going to be back out of the side the following week, I would need to be devoid of other options before you'd find me signing up for more of the same.

Maybe different if you are young guy, or it's Marcelo and Dani Alves who are keeping you out of the side.

Stelios is in peak years and it's two 30+ journey men who are keeping him out.

Have to agree with this. 

6 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

the fact Jack didn't play him in the final and in several other of the key games in the closing weeks I can see why stelios is keeping his options open.

The final was the baffling one for me. 

We had contributed next to nothing in attack in the second half, and Jack's eventual response to us going behind was to bring on an 18 year old, for his debut, to play down the left flank.

In the closing stages of a cup final. When we had a seasoned pro sitting on the bench who had torn Hibs up for arse paper down that same flank a few weeks earlier.

Jack actually did an interview where he almost grudgingly admitted that he should have brought Stelios on. Not a tough call, for me.

6 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The final was the baffling one for me. 

We had contributed next to nothing in attack in the second half, and Jack's eventual response to us going behind was to bring on an 18 year old, for his debut, to play down the left flank.

In the closing stages of a cup final. When we had a seasoned pro sitting on the bench who had torn Hibs up for arse paper down that same flank a few weeks earlier.

Jack actually did an interview where he almost grudgingly admitted that he should have brought Stelios on. Not a tough call, for me.

Maybe a cup win would have distracted us from our main aim. That's my excuse anyway. :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Stellios is a Maverick , Jacks words- and I would always like that option , however he would never be a regular cause like Mavericks he cant be tamed by rules and structure..

Again- I trust Jacks judgement- therefore for me that's it, tries and gets someone- fails- shame

Has someone doesn't 100% want them - Bye

Can you please speak English and try the correct punctuation young man!  Reading hard was that!

Edited by Vambo57

7 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

Can you please speak English and try the correct punctuation young man!  Reading hard was that!

Είμαι βέβαιος ότι ο Στέλιος θα συμφωνούσε ότι ήταν μια χαμένη θέση. Πάρτε μια ζωή

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Είμαι βέβαιος ότι ο Στέλιος θα συμφωνούσε ότι ήταν μια χαμένη θέση. Πάρτε μια ζωή

I said English... CAN'T YOU READ!!!