Super Stelios

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Did Jack  not try that and it never worked. 

Correct. Stelios clearly didn't enjoy being out wide waiting for the ball and was a bit lost. At full back he can run from deep at folk and loves it. Certainly not a wide mid for my liking. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct. Stelios clearly didn't enjoy being out wide waiting for the ball and was a bit lost. At full back he can run from deep at folk and loves it. Certainly not a wide mid for my liking. 

Dumbarton 1-1 when Morgan was injured. Magennis put us ahead, they equalised and Stelios was subbed 10 minutes into the second half.

Superb news!

Stelios gives us an attacking x-factor of the highest quality in our division.

The competition, options and flexibility this signing gives us in the full back areas could be the difference between top 4 and top 1.

Certain games will require cagey tactics and the solid reliable defensive skills of Eck and Irvine.

Other games will give us the opportunity to rampage forward.

Stelios - on our command, unleash hell!  

I think that playing Stelios in midfield was worth a try, but it didn't work out. He looks far, far better getting the ball deep and beating his man, or getting on beyond the winger to cross from the byline or cut in and shoot. I think there will be quite a lot of rotation of the full backs this year, the right man for the right game. Falkirk, Dundee United and the likes, particularly away from home will be a job for Irvine and Eckersley. Brechin, Livingston, Dumbarton is Stelios territory. I'm sure he'll get the opportunity to play from the start, but he's also a useful impact player. He gives us the option to bring him on to replace one of the other full backs, making the team much more attacking, but without changing the shape of the team.

As mentioned above, he's better at full-back. Imagine you're, say, the Morton FB... you've already got to mark one of Magennis or Morgan, and you've got Gary Harkins playing up the line in front of you, who is doing absolutely no tracking back whatsoever. Perfect scenario for Stelios to rip it up again.