St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

I think its fairly unlikely we will avoid 9th if we only get 38 points (we're on 35 currently).  We are going to need 39 or more, as in we're going to need to beat Raith and get at least a point in Edinburgh.

I assume Raith will beat Ayr on the last day at home so that's them on 39 even if they lose to Hibs and us.  Dumbarton are on 38 already, so they just need 1 point from their last two games to get to 39. 

Correct. 39 was the magic number I mentioned a few months ago which would see us safe. Still think that will be the case, although it could go down to goal difference now with the current placings and points totals.

I actually think the Raith Ayr final game could be a tough one for Raith if they were to need only a point to avoid bottom spot/playoff spot. Can be a very difficult game to approach when a win is not strictly required. Again, so many permutations still left. 

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I think its fairly unlikely we will avoid 9th if we only get 38 points (we're on 35 currently).  We are going to need 39 or more, as in we're going to need to beat Raith and get at least a point in Edinburgh.

I assume Raith will beat Ayr on the last day at home so that's them on 39 even if they lose to Hibs and us.  Dumbarton are on 38 already, so they just need 1 point from their last two games to get to 39. 

Problem is if Raith get at least a draw at Hibs and against us, it wont matter to them playing Ayr as they will be totally safe. Like i said if we dont beat Raith we could be done by Ayr beating Raith as we go down against Hibs.

must beat Raith at all costs.

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Problem is if Raith get at least a draw at Hibs and against us, it wont matter to them playing Ayr as they will be totally safe. Like i said if we dont beat Raith we could be done by Ayr beating Raith as we go down against Hibs.

We'll know more after Hibs play Raith. It is in our own hands to stay up, and Saturday is as crucial as any match we've had for many years.

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Permutations, Permutations.

IF Raith get two draws and lose to Ayr and we win v Hibs we would overtake Raith by one point. Even a draw wouldn't be enough v Ayr if we got that win. We have a superior goal difference.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

How would Raith be totally safe come Saturday with 2 draws ??? 

If they draw both they would need to take something against Ayr as a Saints win at Hibs would see us above them if they lost !!!!

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If they draw both they would need to take something against Ayr as a Saints win at Hibs would see us above them if they lost !!!!

Its how we all look at it. Why i say Raith would be safe with two draws is i dont think we will get anything at Hibs title party at Easter Road. Hence my belief we need to beat Raith to stay in the mix.

who the hell knows what Ayr can still muster, if anything? We must win Saturday to still have a chance. If we draw imo that will be our last point of the season.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I believe the Lord is certain we will lose to Hibs, as he says 'as we go down to Hibs'.   Struggling though to get my head round the mentality of some of our fans who believe that Hibs are certain to lose to Raith and Ayr yet think that we can't beat them also.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its how we all look at it. Why i say Raith would be safe with two draws is i dont think we will get anything at Hibs title party at Easter Road. Hence my belief we need to beat Raith to stay in the mix.

who the hell knows what Ayr can still muster, if anything? We must win Saturday to still have a chance. If we draw imo that will be our last point of the season.

You said Raith's game against Ayr wouldn't matter if they drew both games this week. You honestly believe Raith would take the field v Ayr with the attitude that it didn't matter as we will definitely lose at Hibs....seriously ???

Let's all just wait and see where we stand after Wednesday night.

15 minutes ago, scottd said:

I believe the Lord is certain we will lose to Hibs, as he says 'as we go down to Hibs'.   Struggling though to get my head round the mentality of some of our fans who believe that Hibs are certain to lose to Raith and Ayr yet think that we can't beat them also.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You said Raith's game against Ayr wouldn't matter if they drew both games this week. You honestly believe Raith would take the field v Ayr with the attitude that it didn't matter as we will definitely lose at Hibs....seriously ???

Let's all just wait and see where we stand after Wednesday night.

Who said "definetly" ?

its all about opinions, but is there anyone who really thinks we be ok if we don't  be Raith?

does anyone really think Hibs wont be out to finish well at their last home game and title party?

and should Raith get results in their next two games, whats in it for them to bust a gut at Ayr on the final day?

like i have said ad nauseum, beat Raith, take it from there. Or are opinions off limits again on here?

20 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

yogi hughes going back to his boyhood club,where he was Captain and legend,got a feeling hibs will not go for win,hope am wrong

Hibs fans won't want to see their team lose to anyone who has Rudi Skacel in their line up.

WIll be on holiday when this game is on so relying on getting it on sts tv. I cant see it advertised on the main website.......are they all covered?

Also I thought you could purchase here with aim to use abroad but cant seem to access........anybody know if you can only buy when you are actually outside the country?

Any help appreciated........oh and 3-0 sts !!

31 minutes ago, Hambud said:

I'll be marching from the Court bar to the ground at some point between 2.40pm and 3. emoji41.png

Your better off getting the "free" train from Gilmour St to St James . It means you can squeeze another pint in . 

3 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Please please ,far too much thinking on here.

I've not been on since Saturday as my head was exploding with permutations 

Let's just wait and cheer the Saints on Saturday 

Me to mate

I am debating, a quick 5 pints before the game, or should I do Gin, possibly Vodka or a wee nip or 10

As you say Permutations are endless :whistle:guinness

Edited by DougJamie