St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

Not just a great result but a great performance into the bargain.

Composed, sound in defence and looked dangerous when attacking.

MacKenzie, IMO, is a standout, apart, quite rightly, the plaudits Mallan gets.

Dangerous at set plays and helps Baird, who has been much steadier in the 3 games I have seen in the last few weeks.

Deep breath next week, staying up, without being involved in any nerve wracking play offs would be a superb achievement for everybody at the club.

I felt relaxed all week about this one and predicted 3-0 and a crowd of 4450. Disappointed my prediction of ball 46 winning bung a baw at a panda was off the mark though.... See the next time the ticket office says sales are going great, and the online service says the stadium has been sold out twice over...gonnae' folk stop expecting the crowd to be anything other than a four-figure number beginning with '4'. :)

Not just a great result but a great performance into the bargain.
Composed, sound in defence and looked dangerous when attacking.
MacKenzie, IMO, is a standout, apart, quite rightly, the plaudits Mallan gets.
Dangerous at set plays and helps Baird, who has been much steadier in the 3 games I have seen in the last few weeks.
Deep breath next week, staying up, without being involved in any nerve wracking play offs would be a superb achievement for everybody at the club.

Yup. I was really impressed with Baird and especially McKenzie. Not often you could have said that about us but we really were a rock today after the release of the first goal.
Jack Ross gets us, he plays the class act and his wee speech today just tops the feel good chart
It's great that it's in our hands and even if the worst happens and we hit the play offs, I'd back us all day long now.
Ironically we are a team that is WAAAAY better than it's league position.

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If it wasn't for him and his repeated assists and goals we'd be long gone.

Dumbarton winning at Tannadice.

If it wasn't for Jack Ross, Stephen McGinn wouldn't have been here to get the best out of Mallan.

However, I doubt you're man enough to admit it.:)

If it wasn't for Jack Ross, Stephen McGinn wouldn't have been here to get the best out of Mallan.
However, I doubt you're man enough to admit it.[emoji4]

Mallan was winning us games before McGinn ever showed up :lol:

The kid's an absolute superstar. How we've managed to get ourselves in this pickle with him at the club I have no idea.

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Mallan was winning us games before McGinn ever showed up :lol:

The kid's an absolute superstar. How we've managed to get ourselves in this pickle with him at the club I have no idea.

Well you need to be given a decent ball and have the space to create an assist or have a shot.  Simple as that.  Rae had as much clue as how to get the best out of Mallan as Tommy Craig did with Kenny McLean.

I am sure Mallan will be off but hopefully he is giving serious thought to another year playing alongside McGinn, Magennis and Morgan.  I am aware all four could be sold to bigger clubs but three of them are developing and a year more all playing together would do them good.

I wonder what Kyle McAllister makes of it all.  A shame Derby didn't allow the half season loan.

1 minute ago, Irate-Pirate said:

Remember when Yogi Hughes said he wasn't interested in the St.Mirren job?

He then held out for the Raith Rovers gig.

All I can say is Thank feck!

Don't know about that. I think, at the time, Yogi would have been a good fit. Anyway... if yer' auntie had baws'...

Remember when Yogi Hughes said he wasn't interested in the St.Mirren job?

He then held out for the Raith Rovers gig.

All I can say is Thank feck!

Aye we offered him it and he said no he wanted to manage in England. 7 months and no job offers later he ended up at Raith :lol: