St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

2 hours ago, gc_SMFC said:

Surprised its not been mentioned, but apologies if it has. We looked out of sorts for the first 20 minutes, only when Ross told Smith to drop into midfield to make a 5 did we actually get a foothold in the game.

Yep. We started very nervy. It's as much about the way Raith we're set up as ourselves too. 

When the first goal went in, they were always going to open up a bit. I think we all knew they were there for the taking once that happened. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yep. We started very nervy. It's as much about the way Raith we're set up as ourselves too. 

When the first goal went in, they were always going to open up a bit. I think we all knew they were there for the taking once that happened. 

I agree with that . They also looked like they want to kick us of the park in the first 20mins . .

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I hope the Raith players are in as much turmoil and on as much of a downer as their manager. Going by this, http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=694 , Yogi has gone Bearseck. A rant of infinite proportions and, dare I say, not exactly motivational.

Even naming and shaming.

Just a wee mention for Cammy Smith and Garry Irvine here, as they put in a great shift just like the rest - that was a "complete" team performance today !
Do you get entertainment like that at the cinema?

I would also give a mention to Adam Eckersley. I've tended to think that he's been steady enough but thought he was excellent yesterday. Won the vast majority of his challenges, closed opponents down and got forward to support Morgan.

I think most of us were very worried when Harry Davis was injured, but big Bairdy has done a great job and looks a different player to earlier in the season.

I hope the Raith players are in as much turmoil and on as much of a downer as their manager. Going by this, http://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=694 , Yogi has gone Bearseck. A rant of infinite proportions and, dare I say, not exactly motivational.

That was a passionate honest heart on the sleeve interview.

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

That was a passionate honest heart on the sleeve interview.

I think it was a "don't blame me, blame them" interview. "The players aren't coaching each other"? Isn't it the coaches job to discipline the team ready for a game? "They think their better than they are"? Smacks of a man who took a job on then discovered there wasn't much he could do. The, "Players should be more like me, Humble" line smacks of a desperate attempt at deflection. Asking the question, "When was the last time Raith won on the road"? I would have thought that was the reason his board brought him in.

Sorry. I might be reading this wrong but I don't believe any player watching this back might just be a bit peeved at the insinuation that Yogi's innocent of all charges and they are totally culpable of this shambolic end to a season.

Not that I am complaining as, along with our truly astounding revival, their implosion has been imperative to our chances.

35 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think it was a "don't blame me, blame them" interview. "The players aren't coaching each other"? Isn't it the coaches job to discipline the team ready for a game? "They think their better than they are"? Smacks of a man who took a job on then discovered there wasn't much he could do. The, "Players should be more like me, Humble" line smacks of a desperate attempt at deflection. Asking the question, "When was the last time Raith won on the road"? I would have thought that was the reason his board brought him in.

Sorry. I might be reading this wrong but I don't believe any player watching this back might just be a bit peeved at the insinuation that Yogi's innocent of all charges and they are totally culpable of this shambolic end to a season.

Not that I am complaining as, along with our truly astounding revival, their implosion has been imperative to our chances.

A classic old school, prehistoric coach who's finally realising his day's are almost over. Talking about bullying players in this day and age ffs. And to think that they still have a chance to finish above us ! 

48 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think he's spot on

You cannot hold players hands on the pitch

He did take some of the blame

Saying he has been too soft on them when he should have told them a few home truths

Saying that if you know your players aren't good enough to play fitba the right way don't set them up that way

Still trying to play fitba the right way when that's isn't required this stage of the season

Hell mend them anyway

Gary Mac was immense yesterday, won absolutely everything, colossal at the back.

Agree, we could go on and on our team were outstanding yesterday. Who would have believed that in the high pressure crunch games against Ayr and Raith that we would win 11-2 ...Jack and his boys did...COYS

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

St MIrren TV should take a look at this as these guys seem to know how to work the "zoom" facility on a camera.

St Mirren TV is, mostly, so wide a shot it looks as if the flippin camera is at the airport.

Oh, our 2nd half display, especially, was outstanding. :clapping

29th April 2000....amazing day, best season ever.

29th April 2017...tremendous day... most rollercoaster season ever...5-0, amazing goals, amazing atmosphere, amazing fan/player bond....and I got a wee chat with Jack and thanked him repeatedly for the turn around and bringing oor club back....In Jack we trust....what an amazing few months!