St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

1 hour ago, Miss Saint said:

29th April 2000....amazing day, best season ever.

29th April 2017...tremendous day... most rollercoaster season ever...5-0, amazing goals, amazing atmosphere, amazing fan/player bond....and I got a wee chat with Jack and thanked him repeatedly for the turn around and bringing oor club back....In Jack we trust....what an amazing few months!

29th April 2019

Super St Mirren clinch the SPFL Premiership Title. 

Tony telt us. 

When I stepped off the train yesterday a guy asked me where he could buy a ticket for the match after I gave him directions he said he was a Morton fan and fancied taking our game in. After the match I met him again on the platform. He told me we were incredible totally one fire was his words. He also said the atmosphere inside the stadium was fantastic he told me he was in the Raith end. The guy sat with me on the train and spoke none stop about the game. I could tell he was genunaly excited by what he witnessed. Good on him. 

28 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When I stepped off the train yesterday a guy asked me where he could buy a ticket for the match after I gave him directions he said he was a Morton fan and fancied taking our game in. After the match I met him again on the platform. He told me we were incredible totally one fire was his words. He also said the atmosphere inside the stadium was fantastic he told me he was in the Raith end. The guy sat with me on the train and spoke none stop about the game. I could tell he was genunaly excited by what he witnessed. Good on him. 

Hope you had a shower when you got home :rolleyes:

In the season where Raith were top of the league for three weeks, in the top five for more than half of the season, loaned a player to a rival who helped keep the rival up at their expense, started a midfielder in goal who then retired shortly afterwards, it's probably fitting that they should lose 5-0 two weeks in a row to finish bottom. 

Fairly late decision to go up for this one. Was worried Newcastle wouldn't have wrapped up promotion and i'd be too stressed to enjoy the saints game. So glad i went. Didn't want the game to end and wanted saints to keep banging the goals in. Witnessed one of the best saints goals i've ever seen. With the Morton game i've seen us score 9 in my last 2 games. I've gone many a season without seeing us total that many. Hope everything goes for us next week but if not there's no reason why we shouldn't survive through the play offs.

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Enjoyed seeing the goals again but those highlights are guff...no replays and no camera behind the goal.

Can't wait to see the St. Mirren TV highlights.

What happened to the St Mirren highlights yesterday??? Very poor compared to normal and not one shot from the camera in the family stand.

5 hours ago, renfrew said:

Noticed the ref played no extra time in either half. Likely out of sympathy for the Raith fans

I had a discussion about this previously and was highlighted to me last night, think the referees in games like this should end the game bang on 90 more often if your losing by 3 or more goals just blow the whistle.

I know the goal difference argument but to me just end the game at 90 mins.

3 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

In the season where Raith were top of the league for three weeks, in the top five for more than half of the season, loaned a player to a rival who helped keep the rival up at their expense, started a midfielder in goal who then retired shortly afterwards, it's probably fitting that they should lose 5-0 two weeks in a row to finish bottom. 

Was it not the Raith fans as well who sang "you're f**king shit, you're f**king shit...." at us? They seemed to have dropped that from their repertoire.

8 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Was it not the Raith fans as well who sang "you're f**king shit, you're f**king shit...." at us? They seemed to have dropped that from their repertoire.

They've changed the words from you're to we're.

9 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Of all the two bit outfits who kicked us when we were down, the one that sticks in my mind was the Ayr United fans, when they took the lead 20 minutes from time in the Diddy Cup tie.

They immediately switched on all the 'Going down' type chants. I vividly remember thinking that they were tempting fate, and being a bit a cavalier for a part time side when there was so much football still to be played in the season. I hoped we might be revisiting those chants come May.

Apart from anything else, they were out of that cup about 20 minutes later. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Of all the two bit outfits who kicked us when we were down, the one that sticks in my mind was the Ayr United fans, when they took the lead 20 minutes from time in the Diddy Cup tie.

They immediately switched on all the 'Going down' type chants. I vividly remember thinking that they were tempting fate, and being a bit a cavalier for a part time side when there was so much football still to be played in the season. I hoped we might be revisiting those chants come May.

Apart from anything else, they were out of that cup about 20 minutes later. :lol:

My mate mentioned this also during the 6-2 game said it had stuck in his mind and was glad of the pumping we were dishing out to them.

Would really have preferred them to stay up though get Raith or Dumbarton down instead.

5 hours ago, john scott said:

Fairly late decision to go up for this one. Was worried Newcastle wouldn't have wrapped up promotion and i'd be too stressed to enjoy the saints game. So glad i went. Didn't want the game to end and wanted saints to keep banging the goals in. Witnessed one of the best saints goals i've ever seen. With the Morton game i've seen us score 9 in my last 2 games. I've gone many a season without seeing us total that many. Hope everything goes for us next week but if not there's no reason why we shouldn't survive through the play offs.

St Mirren pump opponent 5-0... Sunderland relegated. Newcastle promoted.

Carlsberg don't do fitba' weekends, but...

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren pump opponent 5-0... Sunderland relegated. Newcastle promoted.

Carlsberg don't do fitba' weekends, but...

Wasn't there some walloper , that used to post on here, who used to go about how great Sunderland were?

At least he'll save some money on entrance fees next season.

Living down here and having been at both Newcastle and Sunderland regularly both are a minor disaster away from meltdown. Ashley is a loose cannon and with Sunderland relegated 110 million in debt and up for sale theirs looks to be closest to happening. Sad because the rivalry is great to observe and those derby matches are great to look upon as a neutral observer.

10 minutes ago, renfrew said:

As been said, shame there is no film of Mallan goal from behind the goal :(

Nae worries for Drew on that score, I've got that view imprinted in my memory for life:)

Have to say, it seemed even more implausible from that perspective.