St Mirren v Raith Rovers Championship 29/4/17

shull

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Its how we all look at it. Why i say Raith would be safe with two draws is i dont think we will get anything at Hibs title party at Easter Road. Hence my belief we need to beat Raith to stay in the mix.

who the hell knows what Ayr can still muster, if anything? We must win Saturday to still have a chance. If we draw imo that will be our last point of the season.

On the contrary, I think we have a far better chance of beating Hibs on their "party day" than at any other time.

Mind what happened on our party day in Inverness in 2000?

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

On the contrary, I think we have a far better chance of beating Hibs on their "party day" than at any other time.

Mind what happened on our party day in Inverness in 2000?

Yes remember getting ready for a pitch invasion and chanting "we want six"... not Hendry's finest hour.

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So you agree that teams can have a habit of taking their eye off the ball when the job's already done.

Absolutely, thats why i would rather be playing Hibs tomorrow night when their guard may be down, as opposed to a sell out home crowd wanting to see exhibition football on the final day.  Its just opinions, lets  beat Raith and take it from there.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Cheers. Just shows how tough a fight it's been. The run we've been on since the window closed would surely have had most teams who were only 3 wins adrift well clear of trouble by now.

That's my thinking as well, unfortunately. I have a terrible feeling the best we can hope for is a play off with lower division teams, having studied the remaining fixtures. I feel we will have to rely on Ayr losing both their games, which is a possibility. Raith have always been difficult opponents for us historically and victories at Easter Rd are rarities. Wont make any more games until the play offs if we are in them. Looking back, its criminal some of the points we squandered earlier in the season, even one more victory could have eased the pressure. No point in crying over spilt milk , need to try and get something from Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Absolutely, thats why i would rather be playing Hibs tomorrow night when their guard may be down, as opposed to a sell out home crowd wanting to see exhibition football on the final day.  Its just opinions, lets  beat Raith and take it from there.

I have not seen you play LPM but I think I would prefer Raith have a stab:huh:

Get yersel along and help the team .....

Josh Todd says that St Mirren fans need to “keep doing what they’re doing” in order to help the team avoid the drop with just two games left to play.

Todd, who joined the club in January, admitted that he has been pleasantly surprised by the fans and thinks they’ve had a part to play in St Mirren’s recent run of form.

Speaking to stmirren.com, the 22 year-old said: “The fans have been massive.

They’re a great set of fans, they’re lively, and they are behind the team 100%.

"They just need to keep doing what they’re doing. They’re doing a great job.

“If you get a good attack going they’re on your side. Without thinking about it, it gives you the belief that you can score a goal, that you can win a game. They’ve been fantastic.”

The midfielder scored his first goal for the club in Saturday’s defeat away to Dundee United. However, he confessed that he can't really recall what it was like to get off the mark for the Buddies.

I saw the fans going up and down and it kind of sent me on a whirlwind, I can’t remember much of it.

“On a personal level it was great but for the team it means we’ve got to keep fighting over the next few weeks.”

Todd believes that the frustrating loss at Tannadice was just a hiccup and that the team are in good spirits, putting it down to a happy changing room that’s keeping them confident of getting the results they need.

We’ve looked at the form table over the last 10 or so games and we are up there at the top. It’s one hiccup, but as a whole we’re just going to keep pushing forward and keep confident.

“The team is flying round the training room, we are really happy every day. We just need to try and get as many points as we can and stay up.

“In the changing room we have fun but when it gets to a certain time it’s heads down, taking care of the game, like we’ve been doing so far.

“You can tell by the results that it’s a very together changing room. We’re all in this together and we know where we are and what we’ve got to do."

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-to-give-top-stars-the-night-off-against-raith-1-4429279

like i was saying. Reserves tonight, full strength for their title party when we visit next week. And i would suggest they will be fielding the reserves against Ayr on Saturday too.

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-to-give-top-stars-the-night-off-against-raith-1-4429279

like i was saying. Reserves tonight, full strength for their title party when we visit next week. And i would suggest they will be fielding the reserves against Ayr on Saturday too.

We will hammer them.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Have to get emergency loans but then later happy to field youngsters. Surely double standards, unfair practice and complete lack of respect for fellow professionals. Disgraceful if allowed to go ahead unquestioned by authorities given importance of situation to all teams involved in relegation games.

1 hour ago, woiiftm said:

Have to get emergency loans but then later happy to field youngsters. Surely double standards, unfair practice and complete lack of respect for fellow professionals. Disgraceful if allowed to go ahead unquestioned by authorities given importance of situation to all teams involved in relegation games.

Unless of course they use the same pool of player involved tonight for there other remaining fixtures.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I see the usual wailing and teeth gnashing has started. :lol:

Get ready for some great posts if Raith win tonight.

It was the referee last Saturday, now it's Lennon.

So you're happy with our rivals being given an incredible advantage?

I don't use this board often enough to know if you're a troll or an idiot, so for now I'll bite.

Maybe some kindly regular who doesn't constantly post $h1te can put me right on that one.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So you're happy with our rivals being given an incredible advantage?

I don't use this bored often enough to know if you're a troll or an idiot, so for now I'll bite.

Maybe some kindly regular who doesn't constantly post $h1te can put me right on that one.

Away and get over yerself.

Troll? That's be someone who chases someone around a forum, you ya trumpet.

Feck off and don't annoy me.  :double

PS Where did I say I'm happy? Usual fud, reads what he wants.

Edited by faraway saint