Could we be losing Jack?

Dundee have sacked Hartley. Is there a chance they might try and tempt our manager to Dens Park? 

We managed to get him from Alloa after only a short spell. Just now Dundee are in a more attractive position, they see to go for young and upcoming managers who play a certain style of football.

I obviously hope not, would be a huge blow but with the job he has done in the last few months, if he keeps it up there will be bigger clubs sniffing around him sooner or later.

Just now, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Dundee have sacked Hartley. Is there a chance they might try and tempt our manager to Dens Park? 

We managed to get him from Alloa after only a short spell. Just now Dundee are in a more attractive position, they see to go for young and upcoming managers who play a certain style of football.

I obviously hope not, would be a huge blow but with the job he has done in the last few months, if he keeps it up there will be bigger clubs sniffing around him sooner or later.

Naw.

7 minutes ago, Hambud said:

They need a guy with experience to get them out their downward slide. They can't wait until a transfer window therefore they shouldn't be looking at JR.

Also why would he want to go there and get back to back relegations on his cv? emoji476.pngemoji476.pngemoji476.png

Now where have I heard that before? 

We should act first and offer Jack a longer contract. Dundee aren't a bigger club than us and we have momentum right now. I would suggest that as long as we stay up (which we will) that we will fight for promotion next year. I think Jack will want to continue the job he has started, he has a great relationship with the fans as well.

Just now, shull said:

Unfortunately it is relationships with their wallets which determine where football people go. 

Hopefully Jack will be the exception. 

True but i don't think Dundee will go for Jack as others have said. They'll be looking for experience to get them out a relegation dogfight. Nevertheless i think we should get Jack signed up for the long haul anyway.

I'm sure the only Dundee that will be on the mind of Jack Ross is our game against United on Saturday. 

Yep I won't doubt that for a second.

JR is very highly regarded in Scottish Football and the media have been raving about him. It's nice to get plaudits but that can back fire on us when more attractive jobs come up.

If you were in charge of Dundee would JR at the very least be entering your thoughts as a replacement for the tramp?

At this stage Dundee will be a bad move , they are on a downward spiral , and will probably end up in the play offs wolith a team totally lacking in confidence . Look for someone like Calderwood and Nicol taking the job short term

Maybe. I reckon the Premiership team that finishes in the playoffs should take care of the championship club. Fancied Morton but their legs have gone.

Could be a worthwhile risk. Lots of potential at Dundee.

More potential in Paisley obviously [emoji16].

We will lose Jack Ross, but when that day comes it will be to a bigger club than Dundee.

GS offered Ross job security with us & made clear he will be our manager even if we end up League 1.

Go to Dundee for 6 games and get fired upon relegation?  Not the most appealing option.  If Bomber Brown hasn't been sectioned yet he will be back there leading the charge.

We need to get used to the fact that the revolving door of the managers office at St Mirren park has jammed.

Brendan Rogers has won a one club race and the rest of the SPL is farcical. Right now, there is no better club in Scotland to be manager of, Jack knows that.

Jack Ross has a challenge at St Mirren and recent fortunes suggest, he is capable of guiding St Mirren back up to the premier league. Other clubs & players will rightly be taking note of how business is down Greenhill Road these days & some will be fancying a part in that.

The summer/close season will be an interesting time for us.