Could we be losing Jack?

They'd be rock bottom and heading for automatic relegation if the 'experienced' option had taken over.  Poor decision by Dundee as Hartley is a decent manager.

I'm afraid you can't guarantee that . It's not exactly worked out like that for Raith has it ? 

You are both right. I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when posting.

5 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

As quite a few have already said i don't think him and Levein see eye to eye so hopefully that's a non starter. Hearts have a great manager right now so no need  :D

My Hertz supporting pal confirmed we would have nothing to fear from the Jambosis.  .

We will be stuck with Mr Jack Ross for a wee while yet . We are just starting a period of time whereby it is going to be very good to be a Buddie.  .

I agree with many of the sentiments expressed in the thread.

i think Jack has great self belief and if he leads us to the great escape I think he will be in a strong position should richer suitors come calling.

i would expect Jack to be with us at the end of this season and beyond. I am keen to see how he conducts himself in the close season as he negotiates longer contracts with our starlets - bags off some deadwood and high earners and then unearthes us some more gems in the 'Davies mould 

Jack won't be going anywhere right now but eventually he will leave us to go to a bigger club and in a round-a-bout way I hope he does because to get that gig would mean he's been wildly successful in Paisley.

Maybe I was wrong, JR getting considerable support fro the Dundee fans.............

1. Who would you like to be the next Dundee manager?
  • Alex Neil

• Jack Ross

• James McPake

• Jimmy Nicholl

• Terry Butcher

• Jocky Scott

• Jim Duffy

• Peter Houston

• Alan Stubbs

• David Hopkin

• Darren Young

• Gary Locke

• Ronny Deila

• Temur Ketsbaia

• Steven Pressley

• John Hughes

• Billy Davies

• Brian McClair

• Alan Archibald

• Billy Reid

• Alex McLeish

• Owen Coyle

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

The wrong job at the wrong time . Not a chance he'll be leaving for Dundee . 

Never said he was/would, only pointing out the Dundee support have him a second favourite.

There are plenty comments indicating they would prefer a short term fix to save them then they would see Ross as a suitable candidate.

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Never said he was/would, only pointing out the Dundee support have him a second favourite.

There are plenty comments indicating they would prefer a short term fix to save them then they would see Ross as a suitable candidate.

Would Ross want to be a shot term candidate. Besides, he has a better squad of players at St.Mirren.

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And I wasn't replying to you . Only giving my opinion .

Dundee will bring in someone who is presently unemployed to try to keep them up, then look for a long-term manager in the summer.

Possible candidates for the immediate post are Steven Pressley, Alex Neil, Alex McLeish. The American owners have plenty of cash to throw at an interim boss and the thing they fear more than anything is relegation.

P.S. Has anyone noticed that Alex Rae is touting himself for the job on the BBC website?

Edited by pondsman