Dundee Sack Hartley

proudtobeabuddy

14 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hope they get relegated.Its a shocking sacking. Hartley would have kept them up but now I think they could easily go. If they do they deserve it.

No chance of JR going there, not an earthly.

Really?

You might want to ask Dundee supporters about that.

They have lost faith and could only see them getting the play off place on the form they are in.

Last seven games lost?

From Dundee forum, pretty typical summary....................

Tae be fair,this has been building and building.The League Cup displays at the start o, the season, papped oot the Scottish by a lower division at home, the sixes and sevens runs being beaten,the doing by Aberdeen at home.Tae be honest,the football on show this season has been 90% abysmal and there has been no sense of acheiving  an effective way of playing. Factor in the playing round pegs in square holes it really does seem tae hae been inevitable.Only time will tell if this decision has come too late.

I guess it would be interesting to know just how committed Dundee's Texan owners  :fire2remain after 4 years and whether relegation back to the Championship would affect that.

Then with Dundee there's the rumours of financial problems (which never seem to go away), two years ago they were over £3M in debt and unless I've missed something they're unlikely to be any better now, maybe Hartley's sacking is a sign of desperation from the owners. If they were to go into administration again would it be number 2 or 3?

Edit - What occurs to me is that the Texans' might be taking money off anyone who've not got their wallets well tucked away and have no intentions of risking their hard earned on a foreign venture - yeehaa!. :lol::fire2

Edited by Bud the Baker

23 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I guess it would be interesting to know just how committed Dundee's Texan owners  :fire2remain after 4 years and whether relegation back to the Championship would affect that.

Then with Dundee there's the rumours of financial problems (which never seem to go away), two years ago they were over £3M in debt and unless I've missed something they're unlikely to be any better now, maybe Hartley's sacking is a sign of desperation from the owners. If they were to go into administration again would it be number 2 or 3?

Edit - What occurs to me is that the Texans' might be taking money off anyone who not got their wallets well tucked away and have no intentions of risking their hard earned on a foreign venture - yeehaa!. :lol::fire2

Do you want me to try to find out or just make it up? :P

33 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Edit - What occurs to me is that the Texans' might be taking money off anyone who not got their wallets well tucked away and have no intentions of risking their hard earned on a foreign venture - yeehaa!. :lol::fire2

With rumour of Dundee United's finances not being in rude health, would be interesting if Dundee came down via the playoffs, and Dundee United stayed down by failing in the playoffs. Both Dundee clubs in the second tier, both enter administration, both are deducted 300 points, and both are buried in concrete under the foundations of the new V&A Museum.

Surely Neil Doncaster can make this happen.

Edited by pozbaird

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

With rumour of Dundee United's finances not being in rude health, would be interesting if Dundee came down via the playoffs, and Dundee United stayed down by failing in the playoffs. Both Dundee clubs in the second tier, both enter administration, both are deducted 300 points, and both are buried in concrete under the foundations of the new V&A Museum.

Surely Neil Doncaster can make this happen.

Not Rumour !

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/657692/dundee-united-announce-massive-loss-of-1-55million-in-latest-financial-figures-blame-it-on-relegation-to-championship/

I posted earlier in the season that an Arab fan mate of mine said that they expected a player budget cut of 60% if they failed to make promotion this season. Could be an interesting season next year if they stay down!