General Election 8th June

faraway saint

12 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Let's face it folks this is all about Brexit.

We are told we can't stay in the single market and keep control of our borders. Brexiteers want a hard Brexit and remainers want to sabotage Brexit and Prevent the Tories delivering what were the two main brexit drivers.

Stopping Brussels interference and keeping foreigners out.

May has called the election to give her more clout in the Brexit negotiations.

Assuming Brexit can't be reversed why should we give hope to any party who wants to assist Europe in giving us a shitty deal.

If its really about National interest it leaves us all between a rock and a hard place.

De-railing the tories will just give Europe more control over our future will it not?

:withstupid

enlighten me!

I think you are spot on Buddie . It is all about having the mandate to leave Europe , the opposition parties are aiming to sabotage that which could be damaging to our country. 

Labour have lost a lot of their base vote it would seem over their attempts to sabotage and claims that they will prevent the government pushing it through. 

The majority of people in the country wanted to leave and it should be done as smoothly as possible . 

I don't think wee Nicky is too impressed because the likelyhood is she will lose some of the seats her party has at Westminster . We are likely to see a further swing to the tories in Scotland as Labour lose more of their grip . Labour in Scotland still seem to be at odds to some extent with the English Labour Party which won't do them any good. .

46 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think you are spot on Buddie . It is all about having the mandate to leave Europe , the opposition parties are aiming to sabotage that which could be damaging to our country. 

Labour have lost a lot of their base vote it would seem over their attempts to sabotage and claims that they will prevent the government pushing it through. 

The majority of people in the country wanted to leave and it should be done as smoothly as possible . 

I don't think wee Nicky is too impressed because the likelyhood is she will lose some of the seats her party has at Westminster . We are likely to see a further swing to the tories in Scotland as Labour lose more of their grip . Labour in Scotland still seem to be at odds to some extent with the English Labour Party which won't do them any good. .

It wouldn't have anything to do with the CPS considering prosecution of 30 key Tory figues in respect of alleged election fraud?

No, of course it wouldn't Drew. Don't be silly. Its clearly all about the national interest, and absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Tory self-preservation.

The Masses, especially the Scottish Masses are getting awfy upset with Mrs May and also with a Newspaper.

Those Masses are the usual sweary and abusive and showing no class.

THE TARTAN MASSES ARE UNCOUTH AND VULGAR ASSES :lol:

Should be a Rally in George Square very soon. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Drew said:

It wouldn't have anything to do with the CPS considering prosecution of 30 key Tory figues in respect of alleged election fraud?

No, of course it wouldn't Drew. Don't be silly. Its clearly all about the national interest, and absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Tory self-preservation.

Wasn't aware of this but if if 30 Tories lost their seats and some lib/lab/snp co-coalition suddenly found themselves in power and responsible for Brexit negotiations I think we'd be fecked. We could just give Donald Tusk the Keys to our front door and the combination codes for the bank of England. Poland could ship in all their electricians and the Romanians can employ us all selling clothes pegs at stalls on every street corner whilst Abu Hamza takes over the UK National Security role.

Britain was built on the back of crooked figures with self interest at the heart of everything they did but they knew they needed a strong Britain to protect their interests. 

If ever there was a time for true British spirit......

Are the opposition Crooked enough to see us alright.

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Wasn't aware of this but if if 30 Tories lost their seats and some lib/lab/snp co-coalition suddenly found themselves in power and responsible for Brexit negotiations I think we'd be fecked. We could just give Donald Tusk the Keys to our front door and the combination codes for the bank of England. Poland could ship in all their electricians and the Romanians can employ us all selling clothes pegs at stalls on every street corner whilst Abu Hamza takes over the UK National Security role.

Britain was built on the back of crooked figures with self interest at the heart of everything they did but they knew they needed a strong Britain to protect their interests. 

If ever there was a time for true British spirit......

Are the opposition Crooked enough to see us alright.

It won't be 30 MPs - it might well be a few, but it'll be agents and other officials, presumably. Notwithstanding that, it has huge potential to damage the current govt and the wider Tory party. A snap GE is the ideal way to deflect from that while they are still (inexplicably) flying high in the approval ratings.

They will, of course, increase their majority, hence mitigating the outcome of any prosecutions, whilst sealing another 5 years to further the interest of the haves, while the poorest and most vulnerable continue to be f**ked over. Nice!

As for the rest of your post, I'll put that down to a bit a shabby trolling and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

It won't be 30 MPs - it might well be a few, but it'll be agents and other officials, presumably. Notwithstanding that, it has huge potential to damage the current govt and the wider Tory party. A snap GE is the ideal way to deflect from that while they are still (inexplicably) flying high in the approval ratings.

They will, of course, increase their majority, hence mitigating the outcome of any prosecutions, whilst sealing another 5 years to further the interest of the haves, while the poorest and most vulnerable continue to be f**ked over. Nice!

As for the rest of your post, I'll put that down to a bit a shabby trolling and leave it at that.

Shabby Trolling? Not too Shabby I'd say.

My point is not made in support of the Tories. IMO The haves and the Have not's are not the Key Battle here. The Real battle is the component parts of the UK V Europe. The Haves and have nots may need to unite to ensure their is something left for anyone to have.

Scottish independence supporters and the rest of the UK may also have to call a truce until Brexit is sorted.

I'm open to persuasion but Tory politicians are crooked and self interested is not a convincing argument for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Some one has to oversee Brexit

Who the Feck do we think can do it best.

Simple Question. Well not really.

There are all hating today because of a great lady who saved our Country in the 1980's.

Brainwashed Masses are Asses and are spewing their hate over the Media. 

:lol:

Edited by shull

17 hours ago, Doakes said:

First time I've posted in one of these mad politics threads. Been having a think about this today and its coming down to ticking off who I absolutely won't vote for, then seeing who's left. 

Tories - will hoover up anyone who is pro-brexit, pro-union and many of those who see Corbyn as a pure joke, really strong position. They're an absolute cancer for the poor, but they don't pretend otherwise so got to give them that. However, what they're doing to disabled people is absolutely unforgiveable. No chance.

Labour - don't seem to have an actual stance on anything, they've really messed up in Scotland so can't vote for them either. They abstained from voting against austerity, but still claim to be against it. Corbyn seems awright as a guy, but has no control over his party. Where's Andy Burnham now? Always liked that guy, did some fine work on Hillsborough. Probably wouldn't vote for them as it stands.

Lib dems - actually in a decent position to hoover up some English votes, but they broke that pledge on student fees. Canny vote for a party that I don't trust to keep their word. Wish there was a decent liberal option. 

UKIP - their agenda is now pointless as a concept. Lost some of their main voices. All but finished, would never vote for them anyway, horrible party.

SNP - reckon they were quite happy sitting with their huge majority of Scottish MP's, blaming the Tories for everything bad that happens. In reality, are they doing that well with the tools available? Need a wake up call, not untouchable

Greens - maybe. Bit of a wasted vote, will vote for them if I can't see any alternative. Sometimes agree with Patrick Harvie, do believe that renewable energy is the way to go. Got all the natural resources in Scotland, need to use them as best we can without f**king up our planet

I have to agree about the Greens. I would love them to have a stronger backing, though I think an independent Scotland is their only chance of a heavier backing to compete with the SNP.

6 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Shabby Trolling? Not too Shabby I'd say.

My point is not made in support of the Tories. IMO The haves and the Have not's are not the Key Battle here. The Real battle is the component parts of the UK V Europe. The Haves and have nots may need to unite to ensure their is something left for anyone to have.

Scottish independence supporters and the rest of the UK may also have to call a truce until Brexit is sorted.

I'm open to persuasion but Tory politicians are crooked and self interested is not a convincing argument for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Some one has to oversee Brexit

Who the Feck do we think can do it best.

Simple Question. Well not really.

The shabby charge was a reference to Romanian clothes peg sellers etc.

Like everyone elase, you are entitled to youe views on this. As I mentioned previously, this election is down to the Tories, and no-one else. Call it how you will, but remember that no-one else has asked for it.

I will remain very cynical as to their motivation. They claim that Westminster isn't sufficiently united - for that, read that their majority is pretty slim - yet they haven't lost any significant rexit related vote.

May is a liar and a hypocrite. The very personification of the Tory part (IMHO).

Just now, Drew said:

Like everyone elase, you are entitled to youe views on this. As I mentioned previously, this election is down to the Tories, and no-one else. Call it how you will, but remember that no-one else has asked for it.

I will remain very cynical as to their motivation. They claim that Westminster isn't sufficiently united - for that, read that their majority is pretty slim - yet they haven't lost any significant rexit related vote.

May is a liar and a hypocrite. The very personification of the Tory part (IMHO).

Agree. It's all about the Tories and fcuk-all to do with the country / unity. The whole Brexit thing only happened because Bullingdon Club toryboy Cameron wanted to get it right up parts of his own party, and he thought he'd come through the referendum with a 'yes' vote in his hip pocket and strengthening his own position as a Prime Minister who said there would be an EU vote, he delivered an EU vote, and he won the EU vote. A massive GIRFUY to the Euro sceptics in his own party. That was also fcuk-all to do with anything other than Tory self-interest. Didn't work out for toryboy Dave, everyone else is picking up the pieces.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Everyone is very sensitive now and I don't think your allowed to be cynical either. If I had said we'd all be working for Romanian entrepreneurs would that have been more acceptable. Maybe I'm just being too cynical.

They haven't lost any votes but they are making concessions which Europe will exploit.

We need to unite to get the best deal possible but unfortunately Politicians are in charge.

IMO the question is not which ones do we trust but which ones are devious enough to look after our interests

Who do you suggest.

19 hours ago, El Gingero said:

Independence is inevitable because for a lot of Independence supporters they couldn't care less the state of the country is in, as long as Scotland is independent.

The only way to get rid of the under performing joke of an SNP government in Scotland might be to be independent and get shot of them that way.

Are you only just realising that there will be no place for the SNP after independence? It is so blindingly obvious.

17 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Corbyn came on the scene claiming to be a man of principle and justice. All pro the people and anti war. A man who would challenge the wrongs of the warmonger and stand up for the weak. I wasn't that keen on some of his ideas but I thought he was at least a man of principle until he had a chance to prove himself and bottled it to save himself. All his anti war rhetoric proved meaningless when he allowed a free vote on bombing Syria to pacify his rebels.

It turned out the man was a cowardly buffoon.

Can't trust Politicians

Corbyn is why we are having this farce, he is also why we are Brexit ...... In saying that look at his predecessors- Blair and Brown....  Do Lab party members say-So Corbyn is just a spineless clueless rudderless idiot but  at least he is not a warmonger  or a fraud............ well wonderful...........

So Scotland- Do we have the bottle this time? May has handed Indy on a plate............... Hmmm I doubt it

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Corbyn is why we are having this farce, he is also why we are Brexit ...... In saying that look at his predecessors- Blair and Brown....  Do Lab party members say-So Corbyn is just a spineless clueless rudderless idiot but  at least he is not a warmonger  or a fraud............ well wonderful...........

So Scotland- Do we have the bottle this time? May has handed Indy on a plate............... Hmmm I doubt it

An Indy2 referendum, held any time over the next two years, will result in an even bigger margin of defeat for the 'yes' campaign. IMHO naturally. I say that as someone who voted 'yes' the last time, and thought that initially, the SNP as an entity were doing a decent job of governing what they were responsible for governing. Now, I think as an entity they have taken their eye off the ball, are relentlessly pursuing the one thing, and are, in the process, pissing off people who are now scunnered with elections, votes, reffyrendums and politicians in general. What is it up here now, seven various elections in jig time?

The Sevco working and underclass have only the Conservatives to vote for. 

Heads exploding. 

Masses are indeed Asses 

Have none of them an independent thought of their own ? 

They do what their fellow football bigots tell them. 

What a Country 

Square Go At George Square 

Bring a flag 

Fannies :lol:

Edited by shull

24 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This referendum will either make or Break the SNP. It's not about the NHS, bigotry laws at Football matches or scottish tax powers. The Scottish people really do have a chance to go it alone now. No England, no Europe just us against the world. Do we want England by our side or Do we send them homeward with Remember Bannock burn ringing in their ears.

This time Wee Nicky can consider every vote cast for her as a vote for independence.

Do we want independence?

Edited by East Lothian Saint
floating voter

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

An Indy2 referendum, held any time over the next two years, will result in an even bigger margin of defeat for the 'yes' campaign. IMHO naturally. I say that as someone who voted 'yes' the last time, and thought that initially, the SNP as an entity were doing a decent job of governing what they were responsible for governing. Now, I think as an entity they have taken their eye off the ball, are relentlessly pursuing the one thing, and are, in the process, pissing off people who are now scunnered with elections, votes, reffyrendums and politicians in general. What is it up here now, seven various elections in jig time?

Ok disagree with lots there. SNP have made a far better fist of governing than the Tories have, and remember they don't really govern as you cant do that with pocket money............

But agree on the amount of mandates that the people are meant to give is a farce......

SNP are not meant to govern, they are meant to get Independence, after that they can dissolve, just like UKIP - Whhooops Hold On!!

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

This referendum will either make or Break the SNP. It's not about the NHS, bigotry laws at Football matches or scottish tax powers. The Scottish people really do have a chance to go it alone now. No England, no Europe just us against the world. Do we want England by our side or Do we send them homeward with Remember Bannock burn ringing in their ears.

This time Wee Nicky can consider every vote cast for her as a vote for independence.

Ok but if we do go it alone u want it based on one battle in 1306?

In case you didn't know, we lost the war, several times....... Its crap like above that actually prevents Independence

Just now, DougJamie said:

Ok disagree with lots there. SNP have made a far better fist of governing than the Tories have, and remember they don't really govern as you cant do that with pocket money............

But agree on the amount of mandates that the people are meant to give is a farce......

SNP are not meant to govern, they are meant to get Independence, after that they can dissolve, just like UKIP - Whhooops Hold On!!

Don't get me wrong, the SNP would be a bit weird if they weren't pursuing independence. It's their ultimate reason for being. The initial Indy reffyrendum started off as an interesting debate, and ended up bitter and divisive. They'd lose another one, if held at this messed-up time. They just won't step back and let it go though. To win, the 'yes' campaign need swathes of 'casual' voters who aren't strongly political to get off their arses in huge numbers and vote yes. In my opinion, they are alienating the people they need - to join up with the more committed 'yes' voters. I sense my own current attitude of 'fcuk sake, not another fcuking election' is being replicated in many households. The divisive Indy1, the divisive Brexit vote, now a snap Tory general election and Sturgeon gagging for Indy2?

The SNP will get pumped in any Indy2 vote, if held any time soon.

19 hours ago, Soctty said:

We've never had it so good folks! The foodbanks are great aren't they? We have dismantling of the NHS to look forward to as well - but most of us are alright today, aren't we?

I think we all love having nuclear weapons in our country, and the money we spend on them is far better spent there than helping those in need.

We could tax big businesses more, but why do that when we can squeeze every last penny out of the disabled, the elderly and the infirm, while making those on lower earnings forego a few more of life's little luxuries?

Yeah, the country is in good shape for most. f**k those who are struggling, hopefully they'll die and we won't have to worry about them any longer.

This is our caring society today. Bravo.

There will always be people in need.

Our benefits system is as generous as it ever has been historically but apparently it is still not enough.

I am certain that we could pay everyone £30k per year in benefits and foodbanks and payday lenders would still be getting used.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don't get me wrong, the SNP would be a bit weird if they weren't pursuing independence. It's their ultimate reason for being. The initial Indy reffyrendum started off as an interesting debate, and ended up bitter and divisive. They'd lose another one, if held at this messed-up time. They just won't step back and let it go though. To win, the 'yes' campaign need swathes of 'casual' voters who aren't strongly political to get off their arses in huge numbers and vote yes. In my opinion, they are alienating the people they need - to join up with the more committed 'yes' voters. I sense my own current attitude of 'fcuk sake, not another fcuking election' is being replicated in many households. The divisive Indy1, the divisive Brexit vote, now a snap Tory general election and Sturgeon gagging for Indy2?

The SNP will get pumped in any Indy2 vote, if held any time soon.

U could be right................. NS played a good card by asking for Indy2 but May just played a better one.............. this is all a game and whilst the politians seek their power the country goes to hell................. but hey whats new..............

Personally I hope the Greens win, so they don't have polices, who cares, cause policies are just lies made up to get votes.... Call me a cynic but as you said earlier we have voted on something so called massive at least every year for the last 4.

The SNP  wont get 56 seats, Tories will gain as will Liberals, and I have to say the wee voice in the corner in Westminster is so ineffective , so I see Ruth the Untruth being the new boss in town