General Election 8th June

faraway saint

Listened to the subject of this TV debate on the radio today.

Seems, unsurprisingly, if you are against Mrs May you come up with a variety or reasons why she should take part, if you support Mrs May you see no real reason for her to take part.

My view on TV debates are that they are next to useless. Another thing we have "copied" from America where it's a completely different system.

They, IMO, add nothing to the purpose of a general election, a point scoring session with little, or no, effect on the way people will vote and, almost certainly, will not change anybody's opinion enough to make a difference to the outcome.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Seems, unsurprisingly, if you are against Mrs May you come up with a variety or reasons why she should take part, if you support Mrs May you see no real reason for her to take part.

My view on TV debates are that they are next to useless. Another thing we have "copied" from America where it's a completely different system.

They, IMO, add nothing to the purpose of a general election, a point scoring session with little, or no, effect on the way people will vote and, almost certainly, will not change anybody's opinion enough to make a difference to the outcome.

Personally I'd like to see the telly debates ..the government's getting far to easy a ride with Labour a shambles and May starting to feel confident enough to say what she wants with virtually no come back..

the Tories line on the poor ..rape clause..pensions..brexit..defence..Syria..NHS..so on so on ..the tv debate might be the only place we might get an answer. .

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A radio debate about who should participate on a TV debate - surreal.

You're right(ish) in that it prob'ly wont change many folks minds but The Cap'n is right too in that May's the leader with it all to lose although it's a risky strategy if people start to think she's avoiding a TV debate because she thinks it's beneath her. For me she's gone to post-Falklands crazy Thatcher mode in less than year as leader - where she may go if she & the Tories win the election is frightening! Her manifesto which is essentially "Give Me The Power" may yet alienate voters - keepin' all my fingers & toes crossed.

Image result for Character Cheetara

Edited by Bud the Baker

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mrs May refusing to take part in a TV debate tells it's own story. 

She wonuldn't even allow questions when she was campaigning the other day. Wants the platform but afraid to debate. There's really only one protection fro this ThatchMay.

Self determination. S.N.P.

Thatchmay.jpg

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, Slartibartfast said:

So you still don't understand why a self proclaimed (and proclaimed many, many times) atheist would treat Xmas day the same as any other day? I think that says more about you than him.

#thichasfcuk

deary me, i could have guessed that someone so stupid that he thinks the public debt is financed by the sale of premium bonds would make such a ridiculous post

most of the UK are atheists. Xmas predates Christianity.

and the reason he spent Xmas day posting on here is because, like you, he is a sad, lonely, fat, thick fcuker.

31 minutes ago, Reynard said:

This is going to be hilarious up here. The SNP clown collective have absolutely no idea whats going on. B)

f**king morons

Tories on course to win 11 seats from the SNP and look likely to have their biggest electoral success in Scotland since the early 70s

'mon the Tories!

deary me, i could have guessed that someone so stupid that he thinks the public debt is financed by the sale of premium bonds would make such a ridiculous post
and the reason he spent Xmas day posting on here is because, like you, he is a sad, lonely, fat, thick fcuker.

Tories on course to win 11 seats from the SNP and look likely to have their biggest electoral success in Scotland since the early 70s
'mon the Tories!

i would love it if angus robertson lost his seat to the Tories
absolutely love it
it would be the scot twats Portillo moment

#thichasfcuk

This is going to be hilarious up here. The SNP clown collective have absolutely no idea whats going on. B)

f**king morons

OK, I'll bite, tell everyone what's going on. [emoji4]

Aye, got the popcorn ready, should be a fun watch...

:)

Guest TPAFKATS

f**king morons

'mon the Tories!

Shooting your load early chaps. We should re-quote these posts in early May

.

Edited by saintnextlifetime

On 23/04/2017 at 5:05 PM, mcdowell76 said:

him.

On 23/04/2017 at 5:05 PM, mcdowell76 said:

He said I was an atheist.

He made no mention of Christianity.

Christmas is just another day for many millions of us.

Because I dont celebrate something I have no belief in or respect for you are essentially standing on a grassy knoll yelling "You are not a hypocrite" at me and somehow thinking that this is an insult. Am I close? Please post more. We dont get enough laughs around here.

Edited by oaksoft