General Election 8th June

faraway saint

First Scottish result Clackmannanshire - hung Council with SNP the largest group but Tories taking seats from Labour.

Overall it looks like the Tories are going to hoover up a lot of the Unionist vote. Underneath is a list of the votes cast and seats gained in 2012 with the current leaders. :wacko:

First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon.jpg Kezia Dugdale 2016 (cropped).jpg
Leader Nicola Sturgeon Kezia Dugdale
Party SNP Labour
Leader since 14 November 2014 15 August 2015
Last election 425 seats, 32.33% 394 seats, 31.39%

RuthDavidsonMSP20120529.jpg WillieRennieMSP20110510.JPG
Leader Ruth Davidson Willie Rennie
Party Conservative Liberal Democrats
Leader since 4 November 2011 17 May 2011
Last election 115 seats, 13.27% 71 seats, 6.62%

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Tell me how you can count votes that were never made.

Understand this, I'm not claiming to know how this works, and have clearly said as much.

Bottom line is that there are folk who appear to be more qualified than I am who have clearly statex that not ranking candidates could prove to be counterproductive.

18 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So which SNP candidate was your first choice and which was your second? :)

Keep reading the Thread from that post of mine above. 

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I tore up your offer, burnt it, added some petrol to make sure it fully combusted, ground the remains to a fine powdery dust, gathered the dust into a mortar and pestle, added some acid to dissolve what was left, neutralised the resulting liquid, diluted it in water and poured it down the sink before flushing for 35 minutes.

Under these circumstances, if you were somehow able to sufficiently reconstruct the original offer to make the phrase "Offer retracted" have any meaning whatsoever then I have seriously misjudged your talents. Otherwise I have to tell you, my dear fellow, you simply cannot retract what I have already disposed of.

Can you represent us in Brexit negotiations  :D (Smartass)

Back on topic, this tweet from Irvine Welsh at the last GE is good advice to those struggling to decide how to vote:

"When you're not doing so well, vote for a better life for yourself. If you are doing quite nicely, vote for a better life for others."

The results are now in.

The SNP won less than a third of the first preference votes. Their share of the vote was no better than 2012. In other words, the SNP are back to where they were before the 2014 referendum.

The unionist parties won well over 50% with 1 in 4 voters actually voting for the Tories. Can you imagine that? So many people hate the SNP so much that 1 in 4 actually voted for the Tories in Scotland!

Not only did the SNP lose this election, they bent over and took it right up the jacksie!

Even Thatcher was more successful in Scotland than Sturgeon was in this election.

Nicola Sturgeon - less popular in Scotland than Thatcher and Brexit!

Read it and weep SNP fandans! :lol:

Edited by mcdowell76

The results are now in.
The SNP won less than a third of the first preference votes. Their share of the vote was no better than 2012. In other words, the SNP are back to where they were before the 2014 referendum.
The unionist parties won well over 50% with 1 in 4 voters actually voting for the Tories. Can you imagine that? So many people hate the SNP so much that 1 in 4 actually voted for the Tories in Scotland!
Not only did the SNP lose this election, they bent over and took it right up the jacksie!
Even Thatcher was more successful in Scotland than Sturgeon was in this election.
Read it and weep SNP fandans! [emoji38]

#thichasfcuk

Guest TPAFKATS
Someone's trying way too hard again. Can you guess who it is?

Its an interesting concept. If we combine all votes for all the other parties and it comes to more than the party that got the most votes, then they didn't win.
Should make all future elections 'fun'

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

The results are now in.

Read it and weep SNP fandans! :lol:

I like to read posts like this with a big shouty Ian Paisley voice. Lets me know how their house is decorated. .

It's all a bit depressing, isn't it? Labour & the Lib-Dems are contesting the election on TM's ground while accepting that Brexit is a done deal, admittedly the Lib-Dems are promising a second referendum on the issue once an agreement is reached, when there's no guarantee an agreement will be reached by March 2019 (my prediction is they'll have to stop the clocks) but how's that going to work - I doubt whether the other countries would let us back in on current terms ie I don't reckon we'd hold our current rebate in those circumstances.

One of the UK parties and I suppose it really should've been the Lib-Dems should have had the balls to say that the country had a right to change it's mind and fought the election on staying in the EU. The Brexit Referendum was fought on a questionable economic claim by the Leave faction that all we had to do was vote Leave and £350M/week would be available for the NHS, except now we know it's not going to be that straightforward, yet it looks like we're going to be taken out of the EU based on a narrow majority that nobody expected (not even Nigel Farage)until counting was well underway - someone should have the balls to stand up for the 48% who voted stay and find out how many of the 52% still feel the same. Now before anyone says that's going back on the will of the British people I'd like to say that should be the problem of TM who called the election because she could not guarantee the actions of her own backbenchers - no strong leader she! My opinion is that we're being taken out of the EU because no-one has the balls to stand up to a vocal minority of Little Englanders - it really is deplorable.

Outside crowning Queen Theresa what policies do the Tories have - re-introduction of Grammar Schools and Fox Hunting! What next - no doubt further attacks on employee rights and the glorious return to unfettered capitalism championed by Britannia Unchained.

...........and Scotland? After the uninspiring Council Election results the SNP must show that it is the clear choice of the Scottish people or else we can resign ourselves to at least a decade of rule by what will be the most extreme government in Western Europe.

Have to say when have the Tories ever fought a campaign on policies? , nothing new here. See they are even nicking old Lab policies.....

Must be great to be a Tory MP. "we will deliver" "we are rich" "we are superior" "we will get rid of nasty dirty EUs" The fact that major English cities are full of non EU is amazingly overlooked

When in doubt- Invade- 270 soldiers who died to save Thatchers campaign, no doubt if May was behind in Polls she would get ratty with Spain

And guess what the stupid English and quite a few stupid selfish short sighted Scots will vote her in...... Oh and we keep the nukes....

Ruth the Untruth, who changes her mind like the weather, said how great Scotland would be under the EU 11 months ago , now its how great Scotland would be without the EU, but with Westminster looking after us. Kezia who still thinks that this is all just a bad dream and Lab really have 50 Scottish seats

And guess what hundreds of thousands will vote Tory in Scotland, because they are either Sevco loyalists , or morons, or selfish old prats with no care for future generations

In fact  the stupid English/ British that voted Tory and Brexit, just as France, Holland and Denmark have backed membership, still think that the world serves Greater England. Even when they expanded their empire, the Scots, Welsh and Irish were the cannon fodder..... Nothing has changed...........

the English have far more charges than Scots, yet they still vote blindly- kidding on its in their best interests as the UK heads to be a massive tax haven, and we get more super rich

However I am disappointed that the other parties have soft policies, no one has had the balls to say, they will overturn Brexit as it was based on lies, no one has said they will overturn Labours privatisation of the NHS, no one has said scrap Trident and save £120B....

Sturgeon is annoying, Tim nice but Dim is eh bringing God into it, Jeremy is way out of touch, Farage is past tense, and The Greens are still what we are meant to eat all up

So with that in mind, the good old saying "better the devil you know" will kick in. For those who actually believe in that stuff- The Devil is not a goody..

However as Brexit showed the  majority of English are selfish snobs...............

Going for a lie down

Edited by DougJamie

Guest TPAFKATS

Crown Prosecution Service announces it is not in the public interest to prosecute anyone over Tory election fraud in 2015 GE.

The Tories broke electoral law, were fined for it by the Electoral Commission but no one will be prosecuted as they were following orders from Tory Hq who told them it was all above board.
Democracy really is f**ked in the UK

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Crown Prosecution Service announces it is not in the public interest to prosecute anyone over Tory election fraud in 2015 GE.

The Tories broke electoral law, were fined for it by the Electoral Commission but no one will be prosecuted as they were following orders from Tory Hq who told them it was all above board.
Democracy really is f**ked in the UK

They said there was insufficient evidence of intent.

Time to move on I think.

Politicians wonder why people disengage with politics when we have garbage like dressed up as though somebody had been murdered. <_<

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

And guess what the stupid English and quite a few stupid selfish short sighted Scots will vote her in

And guess what hundreds of thousands will vote Tory in Scotland, because they are either Sevco loyalists , or morons, or selfish old prats with no care for future generations

In fact  the stupid English/ British that voted Tory and Brexit, just as France, Holland and Denmark have backed membership, still think that the world serves Greater England.

However as Brexit showed the  majority of English are selfish snobs...............

Going for a lie down

FFS what a pile of incoherent arrogant nonsense. :lol:

I think it's probably best if you do go for a lie down.

Honestly you would think this was a battle between Good and Evil.

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's all a bit depressing, isn't it? *

...........and Scotland? After the uninspiring Council Election results the SNP must show that it is the clear choice of the Scottish people or else we can resign ourselves to at least a decade of rule by what will be the most extreme government in Western Europe.

It's not depressing at all.

We are getting to exercise our democratic right.

What is depressing about that?

I cannot believe the amount of over the top emotional claptrap being spouted.

Honestly you would think the Tories were going to massacre half the population.

Most extreme government in Western Europe? FFS give us a break. :lol:

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It's not depressing at all.

We are getting to exercise our democratic right.

What is depressing about that?

I cannot believe the amount of over the top emotional claptrap being spouted.

Honestly you would think the Tories were going to massacre half the population.

Most extreme government in Western Europe? FFS give us a break. :lol:

You're special!

Oh and I stand by most extreme government in Western Europe.