General Election 8th June

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

fify

I expect there will be many people who would have voted Tory, but who would now think themselves stupid by voting to reward the shambolic party that brought us Brexit.

I am sure there were lots of genuine reasons that people voted to leave the EU, however only stupid people vote on the say so of Boris Johnson....

967 less Policemen in Manchester- The Tories should be brought to task....

However it wasn't the Tories that gave us Brexit...... well May herself said it would be a catastrophe to Leave, oh hold, she like Dementia Tax , GE, Self Employed NI and Brexit changed her mind............

The cryptic clues are in what the divets say

M O N  T H E T O R I E S     THE MORONS

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

I am sure there were lots of genuine reasons that people voted to leave the EU, however only stupid people vote on the say so of Boris Johnson....

967 less Policemen in Manchester- The Tories should be brought to task....

However it wasn't the Tories that gave us Brexit...... well May herself said it would be a catastrophe to Leave, oh hold, she like Dementia Tax , GE, Self Employed NI and Brexit changed her mind............

The cryptic clues are in what the divets say

M O N  T H E T O R I E S     THE MORONS

It bloody well WAS!

The Tory government had a small in-party domestic spat about Europe and instead of sorting out their f**kin party, the simpletons announced a referendum - thus giving up on actually Governing by democratic rule - and letting the vested interests of the media gull people by printing all the lies of the LEAVE campaigners.

Referenda are not how a worthy government should govern.

Arses who vote Tory are rewarding failure.

51 minutes ago, antrin said:

It bloody well WAS!

The Tory government had a small in-party domestic spat about Europe and instead of sorting out their f**kin party, the simpletons announced a referendum - thus giving up on actually Governing by democratic rule - and letting the vested interests of the media gull people by printing all the lies of the LEAVE campaigners.

Ok take ur point oN it was them. But when you let facists and racists on the streets campaigning, to hate thy black neighbour, ban burkas , name Romania and Bulgaria as simple gypsies - That was of course UKIP

Ok take ur point oN it was them. But when you let facists and racists on the streets campaigning, to hate thy black neighbour, ban burkas , name Romania and Bulgaria as simple gypsies - That was of course UKIP

Who are all going to vote Conservative...

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I will accept we support the same Footie team....

Hey different opinions make the world go round.

I dont debate with corruption and right wing parties.... UKIP, BNP and the Tories,

UKIP, Trump, Le Penn, SNP

Right extremist nationalists

Sorted it for you.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

and hating the English.... and anyone who disagrees with them. That is the SNP.

That is exactly how Nazi Germany started.

I suspect that the stalker that is slamonbuddie has made more posts attempting to gain my attention
I guess he doesn't understand the word "ignore"
That's cos he is thick as f**k! [emoji38]

#thichasfcuk

6 hours ago, antrin said:

It bloody well WAS!

I guess there must've been a lot of people who voted LEAVE on the basis that it was gonna be an extra £350M a week for the NHS and that the exit process was gonna be hassle free altho' I blame REMAIN for not failing to address this point in the debate.

The Lib-Dems would surely be doing better if they were campaigning on a Stop Brexit platform rather than a Second Referendum one. 

Are ScotLab being controlled by aliens forcing them to act stupidly? Jeremy Corbyn has been pretty effective so far in the campaign but Ian Murray their only MP & Kezia Dugdale don't want to acknowledge this. Dugdale in particular seems to think her angry Ruth Davidson tribute act is the way to go ignoring many well received policies in the UK Labour manifesto. Had she done so I reckon she'd have Scottish Labour doing better in vote share. She won't out-Union the Tories but could easily claw back some who may have switched to Tories very recently and some left wing but not too fussed about Independence SNP voters.

10 hours ago, antrin said:

It bloody well WAS!

It was not the Tories who gave us Brexit.

It was the UK voters who did that.

Democratically.

Whether those of us who voted Remain like it or not.

On something which had moved so far from what people had voted for in the 70s it was probably right we got the chance to vote again. The Remain side just didnt put up a good enough case. Just like the Yes campaign.

We really need to get away from this childish entitled nonsense that those who vote in a different way from the rest of us are just thick, selfish, racist idiots who only vote the way they are told by the Daily Mail.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It was not the Tories who gave us Brexit.

It was the UK voters who did that.

Democratically.

Whether those of us who voted Remain like it or not.

On something which had moved so far from what people had voted for in the 70s it was probably right we got the chance to vote again. The Remain side just didnt put up a good enough case. Just like the Yes campaign.

We really need to get away from this childish entitled nonsense that those who vote in a different way from the rest of us are just thick, selfish, racist idiots who only vote the way they are told by the Daily Mail.

Sorry, oaky - you don't know what you're talking about.

There was no need for a referendum: that was a catastrophically wrong decision made by Cameron.  We are supposed to be a democratically run country with decisions MADE by our democratically elected candidates.

Even after the narrow win in the referendum,it was still a decision to be made by our democratically elected Parliament, as was confirmed by the our legal institution when Gina Miller asked for its opinion on the matter.

no matter if you feel in your watter that the European Community was not what once was - a referendum was not the way to make changes.

the result is that we have had an effective devaluation of the currency and thus the standard of living. 

About the Brexit voters? I never described them in the way you have, but you're not far wrong, I agree.

Edited by antrin

There was no need for a referendum: that was a catastrophically wrong decision made by Cameron.  We are supposed to be a democratically run country with decisions MADE by our democratically elected candidates.
Even after the narrow win in the referendum,it was still a decision to be made by our democratically elected Parliament, as was confirmed by the our legal institution when Gina Miller asked for its opinion on the matter.
no matter if you feel in your watter that the European Community was not what once was - a referendum was not the way to make changes.
the result is that we have had an effective devaluation of the currency and thus the standard of living. 
About the Brexit voters? I never described them in the way you have, but you're not far wrong, I agree.

I don't - undoubtedly some of them are precisely that but it's far from the majority of them. And most of those who aren't are the ones swayed by the likes of the Mail, Express, etc.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Of course I know what I am talking about FFS.

If the UK voters had voted to Remain then we would have Remained regardless of what the Tories wanted.

It was UK voters who voted for Brexit not the Tories.

You don't know what you are talking about.  You're just wrong.

Voters would not have had an opportunity to vote, if not for the Tories mismanagement of their party.

There is no compulsion to accept the result of a referendum.  We are in a Parliamentary democracy - and it is the elected representatives who should decide such massive changes of the nation's direction.

Which is precisely what emerged from Gina Miller's challenge.

But feel free to spout off, claiming that I'm wrong, Gina Miller is wrong and the legals who looked at her argument are wrong.  You usually know best.  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Voters would not have had an opportunity to vote, if not for the Tories mismanagement of their party.

There is no compulsion to accept the result of a referendum.  We are in a Parliamentary democracy - and it is the elected representatives who should decide such massive changes of the nation's direction.

But feel free to spout off, claiming that I'm wrong, Gina Miller is wrong and the legals who looked at her argument are wrong.  You usually know best.  :rolleyes:

That parliamentary democracy has decided to go ahead with Brexit though, hasn't it?

The Tories issued a manifesto with a commitment to a referendum on leaving the EU.

The Tories were duly elected with a majority in said parliament.

A referendum took place and the majority voted to leave the EU.

On the back on that referendum, our parliamentary democracy voted to go ahead with leaving the EU.

Just now, mcdowell76 said:

That parliamentary democracy has decided to go ahead with Brexit though, hasn't it?

The Tories issued a manifesto with a commitment to a referendum on leaving the EU.

The Tories were duly elected with a majority in said parliament.

A referendum took place and the majority voted to leave the EU.

On the back on that referendum, our parliamentary democracy voted to go ahead with leaving the EU.

I know that.

The f**kin MPs chose to run scared of the Brexit referendum electorate, despite the fact that it would be perfectly legal to do so.

Cowardly politicians - just as Cameron was, when he took what he thought was the easy route to deal with Tory party swivel-eyed loons by kicking the ball down the road till he could no longer (as he had no backbone) tell them to just f**k off. 

Like oaksoft you are blind to the point that it was the Tories who paddled the nation up that shit creek by the very fact of offering a referendum.

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

You are talkng about a completely different thing so I will leave you to it.

UK voters decided to vote Leave and hence it is UK voters who caused Brexit.

I really dont know or care why you wont accept that but I am not interested in arguing over it,

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

I know that.

The f**kin MPs chose to run scared of the Brexit referendum electorate, despite the fact that it would be perfectly legal to do so.

Cowardly politicians - just as Cameron was, when he took what he thought was the easy route to deal with Tory party swivel-eyed loons by kicking the ball down the road till he could no longer (as he had no backbone) tell them to just f**k off. 

Like oaksoft you are blind to the point that it was the Tories who paddled the nation up that shit creek by the very fact of offering a referendum.

Calm down FFS. Nobody is BLIND to the point you are making.

The Tories could have offered whatever they wanted. Voters had the last, decisive say  on this.

Pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

We are simply saying that if Voters had voted Remain we would not have Brexit right now.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

You are talkng about a completely different thing so I will leave you to it.

THANK f**k THAT YOU HAVE AT LAST REALISED THAT AND WILL STOP BUTTING INTO SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T INITALLY UNDERSTOOD.

UK voters decided to vote Leave and hence it is UK voters who caused Brexit.

YES. BUT ONLY AFTER CAMERON MADLY DECIDED TO ALLOW A REFERENDUM - AS I HAVE BEEN CONSISTENTLY POINTING OUT.

I really dont know or care why you wont accept that but I am not interested in arguing over it,

YOU ARE NOT VERY GOOD AT THE LOGIC/REASONING THING, ARE YOU?